Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad

+7
MaxEntropy_Man
bw
southindian
Seva Lamberdar
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
confuzzled dude
11 posters

Go down

Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad Empty Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 02, 2015 9:06 pm

As PM Modi tries to remake India’s brand image, he’s been championing a “Make in India” manufacturing campaign and searching for new sources of energy to fuel India’s growth. While the Non-Resident Indians, also known as “Not-Really Indians,” or the Indian diaspora is elated at India’s newfound place in the world, the Modi-mania at home has been fading with discontent growing by the day. Some are even calling the Prime Minister’s Office (or the PMO), the Prime Minister Overseas.
http://atimes.com/2015/05/will-modi-juggernaut-deliver-instant-karma/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad Empty Re: Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 02, 2015 9:57 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
As PM Modi tries to remake India’s brand image, he’s been championing a “Make in India” manufacturing campaign and searching for new sources of energy to fuel India’s growth. While the Non-Resident Indians, also known as “Not-Really Indians,” or the Indian diaspora is elated at India’s newfound place in the world, the Modi-mania at home has been fading with discontent growing by the day. Some are even calling the Prime Minister’s Office (or the PMO), the Prime Minister Overseas.

let us see the alternatives:

A. Sonia+Pappu+ Vadra+Digvijay+Captain Amrinder Singh+Sharad Pawar

or

B. Laloo+Mullahyam+Yechury+MK+KCR

Take a pick.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad Empty Re: Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

BTW, I think Arun Shourie is right on the mark on his remarks. A smart, intelligent, honest, proven minister who is loved by the business is being wasted. I would prefer him over Jaitley.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

BTW, I think Arun Shourie is right on the mark on his remarks. A smart, intelligent, honest, proven minister who is loved by the business is being wasted.  I would prefer him over Jaitley.

And yet, the party attacked him, questioning his motives rather than introspecting. No different from how mindless fanboys on this board attribute partisan motives to anyone who criticizes. The inability to introspect or think independently is the mark of a chaddi cretin.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 10:04 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

BTW, I think Arun Shourie is right on the mark on his remarks. A smart, intelligent, honest, proven minister who is loved by the business is being wasted.  I would prefer him over Jaitley.

And yet, the party attacked him, questioning his motives rather than introspecting. No different from how mindless fanboys on this board attribute partisan motives to anyone who criticizes. The inability to introspect or think independently is the mark  of a chaddi cretin.

i have lost hope in modi. NDA's last one year's performance has been that of abject failure. none of the structural issues plaguing the economy have been addressed. take steel for example (only subject that i can speak with some confidence on). the budget had a contradictory para -- duty on steel exports will be raised by 5%; followed by duty on steel remains unchanged. who drafted the budget? does jaitley smoke crack? several months have passed and the chinese are dumping steel merrily and there is still no clarification on duty from the govt.! modi's intentions are good (well, so were mms's) but either he is shackled; surrounded by the wrong advisers or is just not able to deliver! he is unable to do a gujarat at the india level and after one year, it seems unlikely that he can pull a miracle out of thin air. sad considering he got a very luck head start (crash in oil prices; revenue from coal blocks and psu divestment). shourie is absolutely right. this retrospective MAT on FPI is dumb. now they are letting it drag to court! why? take call! a decision is better than no decision!

i have lost hope in the indian governance model. there is no indian growth story - it is a chimera. i will wait a year and then in all likelihood encourage my kids to settle abroad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 1:18 pm

brie wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

And yet, the party attacked him, questioning his motives rather than introspecting. No different from how mindless fanboys on this board attribute partisan motives to anyone who criticizes. The inability to introspect or think independently is the mark  of a chaddi cretin.

i have lost hope in modi. NDA's last one year's performance has been that of abject failure. none of the structural issues plaguing the economy have been addressed. take steel for example (only subject that i can speak with some confidence on). the budget had a contradictory para -- duty on steel exports will be raised by 5%; followed by duty on steel remains unchanged. who drafted the budget? does jaitley smoke crack? several months have passed and the chinese are dumping steel merrily and there is still no clarification on duty from the govt.! modi's intentions are good (well, so were mms's) but either he is shackled; surrounded by the wrong advisers or is just not able to deliver! he is unable to do a gujarat at the india level and after one year, it seems unlikely that he can pull a miracle out of thin air. sad considering he got a very luck head start (crash in oil prices; revenue from coal blocks and psu divestment). shourie is absolutely right. this retrospective MAT on FPI is dumb. now they are letting it drag to court! why? take call! a decision is better than no decision!

i have lost hope in the indian governance model. there is no indian growth story - it is a chimera. i will wait a year and then in all likelihood encourage my kids to settle abroad.
our biggest bane is adopting the UK style of governance over the US style (thank you nehru idiot). look at where UK is today and look at the disgusting horse-trading (free style indian wrestling) that will happen soon during their elections.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 03, 2015 1:43 pm

brie wrote:
brie wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

our biggest bane is adopting the UK style of governance over the US style (thank you nehru idiot). look at where UK is today and look at the disgusting horse-trading (free style indian wrestling) that will happen soon during their elections.

US style system will be a huge disaster for India.

Being a hero/emperor worshipping country, India votes for ONE person. So an executive president like Indira or Modi will easily stack the parliament with their own supporters and converting the Indian democracy into a Russian - Putin-Medvedev - style democracy in no time.

I used to be a supporter but Nada...not for Indians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun May 03, 2015 3:11 pm

brie wrote:
brie wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

US style system will be a huge disaster for India.

Being a hero/emperor worshipping country, India votes for ONE person. So an executive president like Indira or Modi will easily stack the parliament with their own supporters and converting the Indian democracy into a Russian - Putin-Medvedev - style democracy in no time.

I used to be a supporter but Nada...not for Indians.
People are expecting too much from the present Govt. to improve things in such a short time  --- rectify the system and undo the damage (caused over past 6 decades) in just one year. Moreover, while people are complaining to the Govt. to set things right as quickly as possible, how many of them are willing and ready to forgo the caste based quotas in education and jobs, seek the implementation of the UCC while getting rid of the religious / communal laws immediately and put a limit on the size of the family (no more than 2 children / offspring per family)?    Very few! 
Going and settling abroad is not the solution.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 05, 2015 1:43 am

I wonder where the fanboys have gone. VVPP Unkil, SP and other highly cultured NRI patriots who were jumping up and down like it was the second coming of Christ all these months, seem to have suddenly gone groundhog...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 12:13 pm

here is the summary:

One year of Modi government: A look at what does India Inc think
By Rohini Singh, ET Bureau | 5 May, 2015, 07.01AM IST
0 comments |Post a Comment

READ MORE ON » UPA government | UN Court | Tata Group | State Bank Of India | Shrikant Sharma | R .. 

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47155459.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 pm

brie wrote:here is the summary:

One year of Modi government: A look at what does India Inc think
By Rohini Singh, ET Bureau | 5 May, 2015, 07.01AM IST
0 comments |Post a Comment

READ MORE ON » UPA government | UN Court | Tata Group | State Bank Of India | Shrikant Sharma | R .. 

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47155459.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

I don't think anyone here reads "Indian Economic Times".

Is there a German, British or US newspapers link about India's economy?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 pm

brie wrote:
Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad 2015-016
Admin: Please remove this post ASAP.

We all know MD has balls, but posting MD's picture on this forum breaks rules of revealing personal information, which is not acceptable.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm

brie wrote:
Feku's biggest fanboys are "Not-Really Indians"; PM for the global Indians living abroad 2015-016
Admin: Please remove this post ASAP and related posts with this picture. Wink

We all know MD has balls, but posting MD's picture on this forum breaks rules of revealing personal information, which is not acceptable.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 05, 2015 2:41 pm

The problem is that Modi’s administration has simultaneously engaged in blatantly regressive moves, especially on taxation. The decision to apply the Minimum Alternate Tax to foreign institutional investors who had heretofore been exempt has seriously dented investor confidence. Slapping Cairn Energy with a tax bill based on an awful retrospective tax law passed by the previous government was equally damaging. Individual taxpayers are not being spared either. In a move that harks back to the socialist era of the 1970s, the government has proposed scrutinizing the foreign travel of ordinary Indians to prevent them from squirreling funds away in overseas accounts.
Perhaps the biggest disappointment, though, has been the government’s total failure to privatize even one of India’s massively inefficient public-sector companies.
His penchant for launching big schemes is unabated. He’s just announced a grand highway project that will connect the east and west of India. He’s also put forward a plan to construct 100 “smart cities” with world-class physical and digital infrastructure.
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-05/india-s-narendra-modi-still-needs-clarity-after-a-year-in-office

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his election speeches raised hopes of a quick turnaround and a pick-up in business activity. But as Patricia Hewitt, head of UK India Business Council pointed out you campaign in poetry, and govern in prose. Modi, she said, is brilliant at campaigning in poetry, as one of the world's great political campaigners. But government is both about the vision and strategy and about the execution, which is governing in prose. It is the execution that is missing.
Modi, on his part, was busy trying to win state elections rather than riding the momentum by announcing and implementing key reforms.
Investors are not only worried about the pace of the economy but are also confused about the numbers. The new set of GDP numbers are cause for confusion. Neelkanth Mishra, India Equity Strategist, Credit Suisse told Business Standard that, for global investors, the new GDP series has compounded the problem of tracking economic momentum. There aren't enough comprehensive and reliable high-frequency indicators that investors can rely on. That the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the finance ministry face the same problem is no solace — it actually increases investors’ concerns!
Faber adds that the recent gross domestic product (GDP) numbers that were reported by the government do not match numerous economic indicators. And so, he suspects that the economy is actually weaker than what the government has reported. The economy is probably growing at maximum 5% per annum. The industrial production has been poor and there hasn't been much improvement on that front either.

When GDP numbers are not trustworthy, investors typically rely on corporate earnings. But here, too, the recent numbers that have been announced do not reflect the growth that the GDP numbers are showing.
http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/on-the-economy-the-modi-government-deserves-the-flak-it-is-getting-business-standard-opinon-115050500444_1.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his election speeches raised hopes of a quick turnaround and a pick-up in business activity. But as Patricia Hewitt, head of UK India Business Council pointed out you campaign in poetry, and govern in prose. Modi, she said, is brilliant at campaigning in poetry, as one of the world's great political campaigners. But government is both about the vision and strategy and about the execution, which is governing in prose. It is the execution that is missing.
Modi, on his part, was busy trying to win state elections rather than riding the momentum by announcing and implementing key reforms.
Investors are not only worried about the pace of the economy but are also confused about the numbers. The new set of GDP numbers are cause for confusion. Neelkanth Mishra, India Equity Strategist, Credit Suisse told Business Standard that, for global investors, the new GDP series has compounded the problem of tracking economic momentum. There aren't enough comprehensive and reliable high-frequency indicators that investors can rely on. That the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the finance ministry face the same problem is no solace — it actually increases investors’ concerns!
Faber adds that the recent gross domestic product (GDP) numbers that were reported by the government do not match numerous economic indicators. And so, he suspects that the economy is actually weaker than what the government has reported. The economy is probably growing at maximum 5% per annum. The industrial production has been poor and there hasn't been much improvement on that front either.

When GDP numbers are not trustworthy, investors typically rely on corporate earnings. But here, too, the recent numbers that have been announced do not reflect the growth that the GDP numbers are showing.
http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/on-the-economy-the-modi-government-deserves-the-flak-it-is-getting-business-standard-opinon-115050500444_1.html

Just proves the damage done to the Indian economy and the country by the United Pauper Alliance is much much deeper and it will take years to rectify the damage.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 06, 2015 5:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Just proves the damage done to the Indian economy and the country by the United Pauper Alliance is much much deeper and it will take years to rectify the damage.
Excuses! excuses!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 06, 2015 6:09 pm

"Travelling in eastern U.P recently, I found it difficult to relate the terrain and its dispirited people to the throbbing, excited hordes that spoke breathlessly of Mr. Modi before the election.

This is not to suggest that Mr. Modi has no following today in U.P. His core supporters still defend him with passion, but almost seven of 10 people I spoke to said they felt let down by the man they had invested their hopes in. There were some harsh, scathing words for Mr. Modi but the disillusionment was most effectively conveyed in wry humour, employed with elegance and facility in these parts."

http://m.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/bjp-in-up-the-burden-of-high-expectations/article7173961.ece/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 06, 2015 7:14 pm

i can't understand this NRI obsession with indian politics - for or against any party.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed May 06, 2015 8:05 pm

bw wrote:i can't understand this NRI obsession with indian politics - for or against any party.

There are NRIs and there are NRIs. We are talking here about NRI Patriots. These highly cultured folks love their old country so much they want to reshape it in the form of their fantasies ie sans Muslims, Xians, other vocal minorities and poor people, with a highly militaristic my-way-or-the-highway foreign policy, with zero corruption, with tight rule of law and super efficient civic services and an economy growing at 10%. Unfortunately, that damn fukularistic Sickular reality keeps rearing its ugly head and ruining these wet dreams. Hence the angst.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
bw wrote:i can't understand this NRI obsession with indian politics - for or against any party.

There are NRIs and there are NRIs. We are talking here about NRI Patriots. These highly cultured folks love their old country so much they want to reshape it in the form of their fantasies ie sans Muslims, Xians, other vocal minorities and poor people, with a highly militaristic my-way-or-the-highway foreign policy, with zero corruption, with tight rule of law and super efficient civic services and an economy growing at 10%. Unfortunately, that damn fukularistic Sickular reality keeps rearing its ugly head and ruining these wet dreams. Hence the angst.

physicists often model objects with a high level of idealization. one of the favorite running jokes amongst engineers is the physicist model of a cow as a sphere, an object of pure imagination. NRI patriots are a bit like that. in their physicist-like imagination, india is a rama rajyam devoid of messiness like poverty, muslims and christians in which all students are well fed, and are geniuses like ramanujams, indian industry is a well oiled german-like machine, indian stock market returns are a perpetual bull market, in which ancient hindus had figured all laws of physics and conceived and built weapons only now available to the american military, and all hindus are big-dicked brave warriors whose god is the biggest dicked warrior of them all, narendra modi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

it is so weird to be obsessed with a land that one has left and have no intention of returning to. how does it matter what happens to or in india!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 06, 2015 9:16 pm

bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

it is so weird to be obsessed with a land that one has left and have no intention of returning to. how does it matter what happens to or in india!
The same is true for language, music and culture in general, isn't it?

Let's not forget to include cricket in this list Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 06, 2015 10:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

physicists often model objects with a high level of idealization. one of the favorite running jokes amongst engineers is the physicist model of a cow as a sphere, an object of pure imagination.  NRI patriots are a bit like that. in their physicist-like imagination, india is a rama rajyam devoid of messiness like poverty, muslims and christians in which all students are well fed, and are geniuses like ramanujams, indian industry is a well oiled german-like machine, indian stock market returns are a perpetual bull market, in which ancient hindus had figured all laws of physics and conceived and built weapons only now available to the american military, and all hindus are big-dicked brave warriors whose god is the biggest dicked warrior of them all, narendra modi.

So do you think the Right wing conservatives have the right to hold "Mohammad cartoon" contest in Garland ? or not ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

i've never understood the NRI obsession with the language used in india. as for music and sports, these are things that one may enjoy even if not living in india and have some bearing on one's state of mind. who governs india affects only those who live in india and while it is natural to have an interest and maybe, even an opinion on it, the kind of passion displayed is very abnormal, imo.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 06, 2015 11:54 pm

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

i've never understood the NRI obsession with the language used in india. as for music and sports, these are things that one may enjoy even if not living in india and have some bearing on one's state of mind. who governs india affects only those who live in india and while it is natural to have an interest and maybe, even an opinion on it, the kind of passion displayed is very abnormal, imo.

Really ? You must be one Super Rich woman or married to one Super Rich man...Only they can afford not to worry about who rules India.... This is a global economy and if Modi ji wages war with PakiSaitan, thins will begin to affect here and there be it US or China....or me or you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 am

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Really ? You must be one Super Rich woman or married to one Super Rich man...Only they can afford not to worry about who rules India.... This is a global economy and if Modi ji wages war with PakiSaitan, thins will begin to affect here and there be it US or China....or me or you.

or super poor Razz

this is beyond an interest or worry - more an obsession.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 07, 2015 12:17 am

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

>>>The availability of time maybe a factor too. Smile For me, I have some investments. There is some added interest in the economy due to that.  Outside of that, my interest waxes and wanes depending on time availability.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 07, 2015 12:26 am

bw wrote:
or super poor Razz

It is like that saying goes... Are you asking us how is Seetha related to Rama?! The point of this thread is that Modi is the PM of NRIs, so who else would be worried about him on a daily basis?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 07, 2015 12:33 am

Kris wrote:
>>>The availability of time maybe a factor too. Smile For me, I have some investments. There is some added interest in the economy due to that.  Outside of that, my interest waxes and wanes depending on time availability.
Whatever floats ones boat, right? It depends on ones interest. I think information age has brought us NRIs closer to the home. Like many of my contemporaries I've not followed cricket at all for the first few years after arriving to the US but Cricinfo changed all of that.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 07, 2015 1:15 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
Whatever floats ones boat, right? It depends on ones interest. I think information age has brought us NRIs closer to the home. Like many of my contemporaries I've not followed cricket at all for the first few years after arriving to the US but Cricinfo changed all of that.
>> The information age may have a lot to do with it + time. On cricket, beyond at a broad level of how India is doing, I don't have much of an interest. By contrast, one of my colleagues grew up in New Zealand for a few years and he seems to keep up on international cricket. In my case, I guess I was out of the loop quite a bit the first few years here.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 07, 2015 5:14 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
or super poor Razz

It is like that saying goes... Are you asking us how is Seetha related to Rama?! The point of this thread is that Modi is the PM of NRIs, so who else would be worried about him on a daily basis?
You described yourself very well, Comrade.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 am

So do you think the Right wing conservatives have the right to hold "Mohammad cartoon" contest in Garland ? or not ?

my views on free speech have not changed. why are you so insecure about my beliefs that you have to keep checking periodically? just to see if you get a chance to call me out on some perceived inconsistency?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 07, 2015 10:01 am

are the fashion libbies still obsessing over why ppl might be obsessed over their country of origin and putting forth theories between taking sips of fine liquor and watching youtube vids?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 07, 2015 12:09 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

my views on free speech have not changed. why are you so insecure about my beliefs that you have to keep checking periodically? just to see if you get a chance to call me out on some perceived inconsistency?

Just bcz the SC passed a verdict does not mean the issue is not tested periodically.

I just want to check out your perceived consistency and how it holds under different circumstances.....like the Cartoon Contest by the Conservatives.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu May 07, 2015 7:03 pm

The topic under discussion has turned into a little meaningless one.
Ofcourse, all of us are interested in India. That's why we come here rather than other online discussion boards like reddit.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down