Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bangladesh too!

3 posters

Go down

Bangladesh too!  Empty Bangladesh too!

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Damn! I was told by an authority here on the subject here that Muslim countries are better( except maybe the desert in Yemen)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/opinion/bangladeshs-very-public-toilet-crisis.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh too!  Empty Re: Bangladesh too!

Post by southindian Thu May 21, 2015 3:01 pm

The only Muslim-Syrian-Christian here, PLEASE respond at the earliest.

... And Thomas you are allowed a bathroom break in a regular toilet, after you are done responding on this topic.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Damn! I was told by an authority here on the subject here that Muslim countries are better( except maybe the desert in Yemen)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/opinion/bangladeshs-very-public-toilet-crisis.html

you have to be a moron to compare the unavailability of toilets and open defecation in bangladesh with similar statistics for india, to make bangladesh look bad in relation to india.

in other words, FAIL!

here are the approximate statistics (number of people to whom toilets are unavailable, % of population to which toilets are unavailable):

bangladesh: (11 million, 7%);

india: (683 million, 53%)

look them up here:

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-11-19/un-s-challenge-the-638-million-in-india-who-go-outdoors

excerpts:

[size=63]"On a planet where one in three don’t have access to proper sanitation, toilets are out of reach for 53 percent of India’s 1.2 billion residents left with little choice but to go outdoors, according to UNICEF."[/size]

[size=63]"While more than half of India’s people go to the toilet outdoors, in Bangladesh and Brazil only 7 percent do. That figure is 4 percent in China, Unicef data shows."[/size]

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Ha ha ha, Ammachi! Still having reading comprehension issues I see. The article was not about the availability of toilets to the population in general, but the availability of public toilets in Bangladesh.

PS: Still not tech savvy enough to figure out how to hide the tags, I see.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down