Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force!

5 posters

Go down

My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force! Empty My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force!

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:47 pm

I was 21.

Just out of Engineering College.

Patriotism filled in my heart.

I applied to join Indian Armed Forces.

1000s of kids showed up. I was young, carefree (not careless) attitude.

They did bunch of tests, I dont remember all - but yes, psychology test - showed a bunch of pictures, and gave you a second to reply.

Anyways, 1000s of kids reduced to less than 100. 

And we were told to spend 15 days, together. 

I still remember those tests. those 15 days.

A guy said that he wanted help to get some extra soap, so I helped.

We ate together, and played together. I made friends with a lot.

We played table tennis, and than this another guy suggested that we should go visit the town.

I said - why not? I am here, away from home, lets go!

So, we broke the rules and went.

Then the actual tests started.

Each person was to lead a test, and they could call any 2 other helpers of their choice from the batch.

I got called too many times.

But when it was my turn, there was this bucket inside a well, and I was supposed to get it out with the help of three bamboos.

The helper I had called, told me (in front of these army judges), that he knew how to do it, since he had done it before.

I told him not to tell me, since it was my test.

I could not do it, but the army judge asked me - Why didnt you take his advise?

I replied - This is a test. My test. In real life, I would.

Anyways, the 15 days got over, memorable. 

Final interview.

I was faced with over 12 senior looking generals on the table.

Their 1st Q?

Did you break the rules to go out of this place to visit the city during your stay?

*I am thinking - how the heck do they know! *

My mistake - I lied.

No, Sir!

They dismissed me.

random past memories,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force! Empty Re: My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force!

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 am

One of the first tests was to score at least 80 points on a physical hurdle place. Climbing on the rope to the top was 10 points (max, for any hurdle), and it was the first when one starts. Balancing on a rope holding, jumping through a tire etc. were others. After I was done, remember - this is a test for Engineers starting as officers, not soldiers - I had a bunch of bruises. There is a clinic ready next to this testing facility with medical experts, just in case. What I still remember is the doctor's words, while applying the medicine on my scratch wounds - Its nothing! - She was right.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force! Empty Re: My failed attempt to join Indian Air Force!

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:32 am

Thanks for sharing Unkil. Ironically, I flubbed one of my first interviews by blurting out the truth in response to an ethics-related question.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Think it this way TS - Air Force's loss, SUCH's gain. If you had passed the above test and joined the AF, you probably would still be stuck in that outfit and not have the chance to become a regular poster on SUCH.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Thanks for sharing Unkil. Ironically, I flubbed one of my first interviews by blurting out the truth in response to an ethics-related question.

oh merlot, you were going to join the indian air force? even though you didn't make it, it makes you a shining star in my eyes!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Thanks for sharing Unkil. Ironically, I flubbed one of my first interviews by blurting out the truth in response to an ethics-related question.

Hmm....

So, you have been quite Sikular from the beginning!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

oh merlot, you were going to join the indian air force? even though you didn't make it, it makes you a shining star in my eyes!

looks like i jumped  to conclusions. you probably are talking about some other interview, not an indian air force interview. guess truthseeker was who i shoulda been complimenting. anyhow i have to go sleep.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down