Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wall Street Protests

+2
Merlot Daruwala
The Absolute Zero
6 posters

Go down

Wall Street Protests Empty Wall Street Protests

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

"U.S. 'Indignados' Occupy Wall Street"

Says Time magazine. I beleive this movement will fade in 2 weeks time. Whazu think? The Rich have the knack of watering down everything.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Wall Street Protests Empty Re: Wall Street Protests

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:56 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:I beleive this movement will fade in 2 weeks time.

Your cynicism, sir, is astounding. It is particularly shocking that you hold such negativist views even after witnessing first hand how Mahatma Anna's heroic victory in the second struggle for freedom resulted in the eradication of corruption and the institutionalization of good governance in India.

Truly, the utter cynicism and glaring lack of support for the Wall St protesters on this forum - not one candle lit, not one peep, leave alone any moral outrage, at the police crackdown - is making me lose my faith in humanity.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 am

well, they have uppili's support. that's not insignificant. uppili has orchestrated many such protests. his most notable works are - protests against doctors, nurses, indian doctors, H1B workers, code coolies, plane drivers, MBAs, IIT wallahs, IIM wallahs, tendulkar, health insurance companies, mechanics, car dealers, investment bankers, NGOs, travel agents, cops, lawyers, judges, criminals, talibanis, pakis, mullahs, well-paid actors, ship drivers, submarine drivers, priests, swamis, babas, yogis etc etc.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 am

On the contrary, it seems to be spreading to other towns. There was a "Occupy Boston" happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:00 am

Another Brick wrote:well, they have uppili's support. that's not insignificant. uppili has orchestrated many such protests. his most notable works are - protests against doctors, nurses, indian doctors, H1B workers, code coolies, plane drivers, MBAs, IIT wallahs, IIM wallahs, tendulkar, health insurance companies, mechanics, car dealers, investment bankers, NGOs, travel agents, cops, lawyers, judges, criminals, talibanis, pakis, mullahs, well-paid actors, ship drivers, submarine drivers, priests, swamis, babas, yogis etc etc.

Not to mention my million-man protest against fakularists, commiees, CEOs with garden, Palinists, married men, single men, married women, single women, FOBs, H4stampers, ABCDs, IBCDs, and the Conwallahs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:27 am

Another Brick wrote:well, they have uppili's support. that's not insignificant. uppili has orchestrated many such protests. his most notable works are - protests against doctors, nurses, indian doctors, H1B workers, code coolies, plane drivers, MBAs, IIT wallahs, IIM wallahs, tendulkar, health insurance companies, mechanics, car dealers, investment bankers, NGOs, travel agents, cops, lawyers, judges, criminals, talibanis, pakis, mullahs, well-paid actors, ship drivers, submarine drivers, priests, swamis, babas, yogis etc etc.

LOL.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 am

hey MD, any stories to tell about your bengali/gujju foodventures during navratri? much awaited. TIA.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:35 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote: .... how Mahatma Anna's heroic victory in the second struggle for freedom resulted in the eradication of corruption and the institutionalization of good governance in India.

When did this happen? After your brother-in-law paid the traffic constable 250 bribe in the recent wrong side parking in Chennai? I must be sleeping somewhere down the road. Thanks for enlightening me. I am a realized soul now.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote: .... how Mahatma Anna's heroic victory in the second struggle for freedom resulted in the eradication of corruption and the institutionalization of good governance in India.

When did this happen? After your brother-in-law paid the traffic constable 250 bribe in the recent wrong side parking in Chennai? I must be sleeping somewhere down the road. Thanks for enlightening me. I am a realized soul now.

Your sarcasm-laden attempt to belittle Mahatma Anna's tremendous victory in the second freedom struggle is a clear indication that you're anti-Indian and probably a craven follower of the empress and yuvaraj.

Come to think of it, you come across as the type who'll go bwahahaha when cops wake up sleeping pensioners in the middle of the night and crack their shins while said pensioners are flailing around looking for their spectacles and dentures. Do you kick puppies as a hobby?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote: Come to think of it, you come across as the type who'll go bwahahaha when cops wake up sleeping pensioners in the middle of the night and crack their shins while said pensioners are flailing around looking for their spectacles and dentures. Do you kick puppies as a hobby?

Cops? In India? Cracking shins? Excellent. Mera bharat mahan

BTW I do not kick puppies as a hobby. Neither do I collect daru bottles and name myself after them. Relax. Corruption in India is not going anywhere soon. So long as you the common man refuse to offer bribe, not even a hazar hazares can do anything. Au revoir.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I think you missed plane drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

What about Forklift operators? Hindians? Cmon - missing that is a traveshamockery!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

oh, missed it. I was looking in the overall driver categories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:46 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:So long as you the common man refuse to offer bribe, not even a hazar hazares can do anything. Au revoir.

Final proof that you are anti-Indian and an agent of the empress: you're now accusing Mahatma Anna of being a votary of bribery and corruption. Why, even the NYT didn't say anything as vile. Not even the Conwallahs. You sir, are the lowest of the low. Definitely a kicker of puppies.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
BTW I do not kick puppies as a hobby. Neither do I collect daru bottles and name myself after them. Relax. Corruption in India is not going anywhere soon. So long as you the common man refuse to offer bribe, not even a hazar hazares can do anything. Au revoir.

...nothing the common man can get done -

he will wait forever to

- see a doctor when he has a chestpain

- wait forever to admit his child in 1st grade

- waitforever to get approval to build a house
- waitforever to get electricity, water, gas coonection

- wait forever to get the body of a dead relative

- wait forever to have it cremated

- wait forever to get a death certificate

Have you ever refused to give a bribe in a serious "document" matter and seen the consequences? The reply will be "well..we cannot process anything...do what you can"

Yes, we can fight...and we will end up fighting all our lives just to get the kid admitted, water connection, before starting to fight for our own future death certificate.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

1. Why, even the NYT didn't say anything as vile. Not even the Conwallahs.

2. You sir, are the lowest of the low. Definitely a kicker of puppies.

What do NYT and others know of India? Do the Conwallahs ever go to India and live there on a daily basis with a ration card and stand in line to get sugar and oil on a monthly basis? I did that for years in India. What about you, the highest of the high, SIR?

AFAIAK I am the lowest of the low, you are perfectly correct. I am one of the God's miscreations. Or should I say the ONLY? Now that you know, never question it, but if your fingers feel the urge to type it, do so after reading my signature file and handle carefully. And slowly on why I named the handle that way.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

1. Why, even the NYT didn't say anything as vile. Not even the Conwallahs.

2. You sir, are the lowest of the low. Definitely a kicker of puppies.

What do NYT and others know of India? Do the Conwallahs ever go to India and live there on a daily basis with a ration card and stand in line to get sugar and oil on a monthly basis? I did that for years in India. What about you, the highest of the high, SIR?

AFAIAK I am the lowest of the low, you are perfectly correct. I am one of the God's miscreations. Or should I say the ONLY? Now that you know, never question it, but if your fingers feel the urge to type it, do so after reading my signature file and handle carefully. And slowly on why I named the handle that way.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 am

another week starts...
grrr, meaning one more week of walking around the blocks to get to and from work... and it feels so non-ny'ish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

this thread contains some of the most hilarious exchange I have seen in recent times. sarcasm from a certain status quo cynicalan aimed at the absent glut admin has completely flown over the cuckoo's nest and the cuckoo's getting agitatadan and cantankeran as a result. it's funny to witness.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:this thread contains some of the most hilarious exchange I have seen in recent times. sarcasm from a certain status quo cynicalan aimed at the absent glut admin has completely flown over the cuckoo's nest and the cuckoo's getting agitatadan and cantankeran as a result. it's funny to witness.
lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down