Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeling...

+6
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
garam-kuta
swapna
tapori
garam_kuta
10 posters

Go down

feeling... Empty feeling...

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:26 am

feeling romantic. feeling sad. feeling romantically sad. want to give up. want to give in. want to accept. want to move on. 

correct song reco please... tia

Back to top Go down

feeling... Empty Re: feeling...

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:feeling romantic. feeling sad. feeling romantically sad. want to give up. want to give in. want to accept. want to move on. 

while we wait for some deeewaaanaaa reco,

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by tapori Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:33 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHPQU0C1oo

mansaan naat ji.

tapori

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:feeling romantic. feeling sad. feeling romantically sad. want to give up. want to give in. want to accept. want to move on. 

aren't all the romantic feelings of northindians expressed as "dil-deewana?" aren't all these feelings responses to unrequited, unattainable, distant love, as yours is towards bollywood actor rampal, and some random stranger seen at a fast-food restaurant?

swapna

Back to top Go down

feeling... Empty feeling...

Post by garam-kuta Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:28 pm

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Veeu wrote:

interesting song...for the first time I heard this.

that aside, which line(s) of this song that, in veeu's view Smile ,found as deemed fit to the context that BK finds herself in, and expressed it the original post, above? just curious...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:00 pm

How abt this one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:20 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

while we wait for some deeewaaanaaa reco,

thanks Smile i like hindi songs sometimes for their simplicity and melodrama. Heightened emotions. And nostalgia. For the complex, somehow i connect more with western songs, particularly European.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:21 pm

tapori wrote:www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHPQU0C1oo

mansaan naat ji.

lol… let's connect on chat one of these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

good one Smile incidentally, i heard it earlier today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Kinnera wrote:How abt this one?

one of my all time favorites. 

I had been looking for reasons to cry all day today. could not bring myself to, somehow. Driving home, put this on, and SadSadSadSad

Thanks Smile

had to wipe away tears vigorously as i entered my development. Knowing only son will see me, as daughter would be upstairs, so didn't worry that much. he hasn't yet figured out when i come home wiping tears… maybe when he is older, it will all come to him. Will see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:How abt this one?

one of my all time favorites. 

I had been looking for reasons to cry all day today. could not bring myself to, somehow. Driving home, put this on, and SadSadSadSad

Thanks Smile

had to wipe away tears vigorously as i entered my development. Knowing only son will see me, as daughter would be upstairs. he hasn't yet figured out when i come home wiping tears… maybe when he is older, it will all come to him. Will see.
I knew it! Only women can know how pleasurable it is to feel romantically sad! Razz. Yeah, cry your heart out, and when done, tie your hair, wash your face, put on some fragrant face powder, look into the mirror and smile blissfully, with the now lightened heart Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:59 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Veeu wrote:
which line(s) of this song that, in veeu's view Smile ,found as deemed fit to the context that BK finds herself in, and expressed it the original post, above? just curious...
அது மட்டும் ரகசியம்.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:53 pm

FluteHolder wrote:

new york <3 <3 used to walk through those areas every day. 

loved the part - i want this moment to extend, so that i could cherish this moment. i have never stopped in my life, but she made me stop, so i want to cherish this moment … something like that…

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:11 pm

>>>A different kind of love song.. There is a silver lining to every cloud. Enjoy!

Pamela Brown

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:51 am

Kris wrote:

>>>A different kind of love song.. There is a silver lining to every cloud. Enjoy!

Pamela Brown

Hahaha now this one has the right attitude! Totally your kind of song Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:08 am

Ah.."Feelin"..and the correct answer is..

"Fallin" by Alicia Keys...

"I keep on fallin'
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you

Oh, oh , I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
Ive taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you"

Hello Tracy and All,

Looks like this forum is still true to its for(u)m:)

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:35 am

You hit the right one, Maria! My ABBA song was more of a breakup song. 

Here's the male version of a similar kind:

Glad to see you Smile. How have you been?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

"ajeeb dastan hai yeh" (English subtitles), by Lata from the movie "dil apna preet praayi"

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:52 am

Maria S wrote:Ah.."Feelin"..and the correct answer is..

"Fallin" by Alicia Keys...

"I keep on fallin'
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you

Oh, oh , I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
Ive taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you"

Hello Tracy and All,

Looks like this forum is still true to its for(u)m:)

take care.

hi M.. yeah you can say this has been pretty much my anthem song with XH ever since it was released. Now though, there is more of numbness than pain or pleasure. have finally struck a decent balance with him *touchwood*. go out for vacation, movies, dinner, shopping, eating, you name it, with him. Can't be fully 'married' to him, can't let him go kinda deal. He is a good dad and definitely a good partner for raising kids, he is one himself. There are so many occasions when I am butting my head with the kids, and he comes in, explains, and they listen. It's a delicate balance for sure, and I have to be constantly on top of it, but I have my work cut out for me. I guess I have made my bed for this life, and I am going to lie in it too; even if I cry once in while Smile 

Nice to see you Smile hope you are doing well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:04 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:"ajeeb dastan hai yeh" (English subtitles), by Lata from the movie "dil apna preet praayi"

hi Seva, yeah I used to cry myself to sleep with this one after XB had got engaged. And this and this. I must say, whenever I look back on that time, I am so glad my mom comforted me in that phase. Even though she knew we were never meant to be, she knew my heartache at the time was real. I would so many times, in the middle of my studies, go and lie down in her lap, and after some time cry, especially if a sad song came on TV. And she would say it's going to be all right. Sometimes, she would gently remind me that it's XB who is crying much more for me than I ever will, and that he will never forget me, while I would within one year. Turned out to be true. (years later, he sent me this). Don't know how she could foresee that. Maybe coz she had met him and talked about all this, and she knew how fickle minded I mostly am. At the time I would be bummed how she is worrying more about him than about me. But that's my mom and her logic of, 'woh bhi to kisi ke pyaar se paala hua beta hai, aur tune uska dil tod diya. Kaise uski maa sambhal rahi hogi usko'. (he is also a lovingly raised son of a mother, and you broke his heart. How his mother must be consoling him now).

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:17 am

You got a smart and worldly wise Mom, BK.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 am

Veeu wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Veeu wrote:
which line(s) of this song that, in veeu's view Smile ,found as deemed fit to the context that BK finds herself in, and expressed it the original post, above? just curious...
அது மட்டும் ரகசியம்.

கமுக்கமா நீயேகெட்டீயாபுச்சிவைச்சிக்க Smile ​ எங்காணா தாராந்துடப்போற Question

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:hi Seva, yeah I used to cry myself to sleep with this one after XB had got engaged. And this and this. I must say, whenever I look back on that time, I am so glad my mom comforted me in that phase. Even though she knew we were never meant to be, she knew my heartache at the time was real. I would so many times, in the middle of my studies, go and lie down in her lap, and after some time cry, especially if a sad song came on TV. And she would say it's going to be all right. Sometimes, she would gently remind me that it's XB who is crying much more for me than I ever will, and that he will never forget me, while I would within one year. Turned out to be true. (years later, he sent me this). Don't know how she could foresee that. Maybe coz she had met him and talked about all this, and she knew how fickle minded I mostly am. At the time I would be bummed how she is worrying more about him than about me. But that's my mom and her logic of, 'woh bhi to kisi ke pyaar se paala hua beta hai, aur tune uska dil tod diya. Kaise uski maa sambhal rahi hogi usko'. (he is also a lovingly raised son of a mother, and you broke his heart. How his mother must be consoling him now).
your mummmy-ji poured sambar - also called sambhal and sambhar by northindians who secretly guzzle it by the bucketful - on your heart to cure you of your love sickness?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 pm

swapna wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:hi Seva, yeah I used to cry myself to sleep with this one after XB had got engaged. And this and this. I must say, whenever I look back on that time, I am so glad my mom comforted me in that phase. Even though she knew we were never meant to be, she knew my heartache at the time was real. I would so many times, in the middle of my studies, go and lie down in her lap, and after some time cry, especially if a sad song came on TV. And she would say it's going to be all right. Sometimes, she would gently remind me that it's XB who is crying much more for me than I ever will, and that he will never forget me, while I would within one year. Turned out to be true. (years later, he sent me this). Don't know how she could foresee that. Maybe coz she had met him and talked about all this, and she knew how fickle minded I mostly am. At the time I would be bummed how she is worrying more about him than about me. But that's my mom and her logic of, 'woh bhi to kisi ke pyaar se paala hua beta hai, aur tune uska dil tod diya. Kaise uski maa sambhal rahi hogi usko'. (he is also a lovingly raised son of a mother, and you broke his heart. How his mother must be consoling him now).
your mummmy-ji poured sambar - also called sambhal and sambhar by northindians who secretly guzzle it by the bucketful - on your heart to cure you of your love sickness?

note to the 57 year old me:

never repeat the same joke over and over for 15 years once you attain grandmotherly status, or risk being thrown out of the cool train.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

basanthee, may i suggest that you include props711 also in this discussion on feelings? love lost, and love regained lost again. 

props711 is said to be a man of intense, dil-deewana feelings, although he hides them quite well with evasive talk about cleveland streamers and fleshlights. 

indeed, he's so sensitive that he was seen to shed tears when salman khan recently hurt kareena khaif's feelings. 

propa and you might consider painting each other's nails, brushing each other's hair, giving each other a long hug, and shedding tears together to sentimental, bollywood songs.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 pm

swapna wrote:basanthee, may i suggest that you include props711 also in this discussion on feelings? love lost, and love regained lost again. 

props711 is said to be a man of intense, dil-deewana feelings, although he hides them quite well with evasive talk about cleveland streamers steamers* and fleshlights. 

indeed, he's so sensitive that he was seen to shed tears when salman khan recently hurt kareena khaif's feelings. 

propa and you might consider painting each other's nails, brushing each other's hair, giving each other a long hug, and shedding tears together to sentimental, bollywood songs.

fixed*

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:basanthee, may i suggest that you include props711 also in this discussion on feelings? love lost, and love regained lost again. 

props711 is said to be a man of intense, dil-deewana feelings, although he hides them quite well with evasive talk about cleveland streamers steamers* and fleshlights. 

fixed*
ah, thanks.

swapna

Back to top Go down

feeling... Empty Hmmm....

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Top of my head, this is the best romantically sad song:

Dil-e-Nadaan Tujhe Hua Kya hai
Aakhir iss Dard ki Dawa kya hai...
Jaan tum par nisaar kartaa hoon
Mai nahi jaanta, Duaa kya hai.....

Jab ki tujh bin, Nahi Koi mauzood
Phir ye Hangama, Aye Khuda kya hai...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCU5eWE0dr8

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:27 pm

And this actually summarizes the pain of love, if only anyone alive can understand it, to explain it :-)

G'nite,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:58 am

a summary of the last 738 words you posted painstakingly in this thread, with tears streaming down your cheeks: there is a male person who, some decades ago, was attracted to you.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 am

...and because of that, you are somebody.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:31 am

swapna. I have no interest in counting the number of words that you posted in this thread, but I see that you have been posting from the lameness correctional facility. Looks like they finally caught you after you were kicked out of the cool train years ago. I think you are going to live there for the rest of your life, you can keep trying to get out though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down