Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

low iron and very low vitamin d

4 posters

Go down

low iron and very low vitamin d Empty low iron and very low vitamin d

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks to all who NEVER followed up the scary call from the doc's office. Mad

So anyway, no fears of diabetes, thyroid, and cholestrol. Atleast for another year. In fact dad heard my TSH (thyroid) numbers and he just had to quip, 'hmm, so all that motapa is purely all-food-no-exercise'. Rolling Eyes

But inspite of all that food, apparently I was not eating right. Low iron, well that's same as last year. But alarmingly low vitamin D... the number that made sis gasp, and that's kinda rare. Guess I was doing too good a job of avoiding the sun to save the complexion. So anyway, time to get on a prescription for a month, and embrace the sun... side effects will be early wrinkles, lekin kaun mujhe shaadi karni hai. But on the plus side, maybe I won't feel fatigued all the time.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

low iron and very low vitamin d Empty Re: low iron and very low vitamin d

Post by Bittu Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *hugs*

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 am

Bittu wrote:awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *hugs*

uff at the sarcasm... last night on suchat you were snickering at my hypochondria-sm.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 am

tracy ,

What colour yellow was the urine you sent in for examination ?

Did the tests include a stool sample too ?

If so we need to know Neutral
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 am

k, reposting:

Chams, sorry to disappoint. But such talks don't ugh or back me out if you think that's what you were doing. I really do have a very high ugh threshold.

I can answer ur questions flatly, but wouldn't entertain it now for you though coz of the sarcasm in the tone, and the irrelevance to the original post. I really am concerned about my health, and if sharing that can help me and anyone else, I would do it. All you tmi tout-ers can go bask in the sun. I should do that too..

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 am

You give such details about ur life i thought i should slip that in

Where is the humour miss ?

Low Vitamin D ,low Calcium is the current gimmick amongst endocrinologists

Remember how Oestrogen was in and then out ?

same way
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Thanks to all who NEVER followed up the scary call from the doc's office. Mad

So anyway, no fears of diabetes, thyroid, and cholestrol. Atleast for another year. In fact dad heard my TSH (thyroid) numbers and he just had to quip, 'hmm, so all that motapa is purely all-food-no-exercise'. Rolling Eyes

But inspite of all that food, apparently I was not eating right. Low iron, well that's same as last year. But alarmingly low vitamin D... the number that made sis gasp, and that's kinda rare.

Looks like you were way ahead of researchers and you must be just avoiding high levels of Vit D to prevent skin cancer.

P.S. Sorry you are unable to blame those (few) excess fat cells on your poor Thyroid.

P.S.2 Do a bone scan

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 am

Low Vit-D levels are a cause for concern - back, hip and other fractures. Need a calcium+Vit D supplement. I second Uppili for bone scan. You are nearing the menopause stage auty. kaun shaadi karne is different questions. Lekin talaq karne problem aa sakta hai :-) if you break your bones and bedridden (dumba$$ joke and dumba$$ smirk smile here).

Weight has to go down by at least 50 lbs. You ready for it? ;-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down