Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are Dalit students taking their lives?

+5
Seva Lamberdar
seven
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
9 posters

Go down

Why are Dalit students taking their lives? Empty Why are Dalit students taking their lives?

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:44 pm

One report said eight Dalit students had taken their lives at the Hyderabad University in the past decade. Between 2007 and 2011 alone, 18 Dalit students ended their lives in some of India's premier educational institutes, according to one estimate.
Some eight years ago, Apoorvanand, who teaches at the Delhi University, had gone to Delhi's All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India's leading medical school, to investigate a case of discrimination against a Dalit student.

He says he found vile abuses written on the doors and walls of hostel rooms where Dalit students lived. (There was no name calling, because direct abuse would lead to prosecution under tough anti-discrimination laws.) When he went to the director of the institute to lodge a complaint, the latter flatly denied that there was caste discrimination on the campus.

This is a school which produces India's best doctors. This is also the school where a federal investigation into complaints of caste-based harassment and discrimination against Dalit and tribal students uncovered a shocking picture of abuse.

The probe found most of the Dalit and tribal students complaining that they "did not receive the kind of support other students received from their teachers". Examiners asked about their caste backgrounds. The students said teachers did not give them the marks they deserved in exams, and their papers were not evaluated properly. More than 90% of the students said they were routinely humiliated by examiners in practical and oral examinations.

"There is systemic persecution of Dalit students in Indian universities. They are often failed by their teachers deliberately," Apoorvanand told me.

Many Dalit students who get into colleges and universities through affirmative action quotas - restorative justice for centuries of historical wrongs against the community - come to campuses with deficiencies in education, including a feeble command over the English language. Most of them are first generation graduates, come from poor families
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-35349979

Everybit of what Aporvanand says is true. Our own suCH scholars exhibit bigotry towards SC/STs routinely on this board and call them all kinds of names.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Why are Dalit students taking their lives? Empty Re: Why are Dalit students taking their lives?

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Yeah. Your heart must be bleeding. Yesterday, Pappu cried his heart out. He couldn't even recite the "Garibi Hatao" mantra. Kraziwallah was inconsolable. He locked himself in his washroom and chanted, "Modi should resign". Today, Sitaram Yechuri is taking his sickle and hammer to dig for Dalit votes in the parents of the departed Dalit student. Tomorrow Jagan is going to do odarpu. His sister will provide the background moaning and paramarsa. Other Sikularists will soon go there and do a Kathakali. In a week, they will all go back to their usual ways - of making money on people's back.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Why are Dalit students taking their lives? Empty Re: Why are Dalit students taking their lives?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 pm

[quote="confuzzled dude"]
One report said eight Dalit students had taken their lives at the Hyderabad University in the past decade. Between 2007 and 2011 alone, 18 Dalit students ended their lives in some of India's premier educational institutes, according to one estimate.
Some eight years ago, Apoorvanand, who teaches at the Delhi University, had gone to Delhi's All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India's leading medical school, to investigate a case of discrimination against a Dalit student.

Who was ruling during that period ? Delhi, Hyderabad, and India?

Could you give a castewise breakdown of suicides?

BTW, what cashtu is Raul the Prince Pappu ji ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Didn't mean to insult the other politicians by not mentioning them in my previous post. Before they call me intolerant and return their junk awards, let me list their names as well.

Derek O'brien, Kraziwallah, Super Sikular Asaduddin Owaisi.........

Modi must be anti-Dalit. He is not planning on visiting the parents of the dead scholar. Instead, he is pretending that nothing has happened and putting in his usual 16 hrs at his office......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Didn't mean to insult the other politicians by not mentioning them in my previous post. Before they call me intolerant and return their junk awards, let me list their names as well.

Derek O'brien, Kraziwallah, Super Sikular Asaduddin Owaisi.........

Modi must be anti-Dalit. He is not planning on visiting the parents of the dead scholar. Instead, he is pretending that nothing has happened and putting in his usual 16 hrs at his office......

Now a NON-Dalit, NON-Muslim girl goes missing from IIT-M

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:30 am

It could be that these Dalit students got admissions based on caste n found the syllabus too difficult to cope with. They saw their senior medical Dalit students struggling even after 5-8 years, unable to pass the exam. They were too ashamed to quit n go home so they ended their lives. 

Of course other students weren't crazy about Dalit students cuz they didn't get in so easily n gave them tough time.

How is this political n current government's fault?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:31 am

It's rhetorical CD. don't answer. It means it's not Modi's fault Dalit students are taking their lives.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:43 am

seven wrote:It could be that these Dalit students got admissions based on caste n found the syllabus too difficult to cope with. They saw their senior medical Dalit students struggling even after 5-8 years, unable to pass the exam. They were too ashamed to quit n go home so they ended their lives. 

Of course other students weren't crazy about Dalit students cuz they didn't get in so easily n gave them tough time.

How is this political n current government's fault?
Perhaps the expectation is that if the political system and current Govt. honor the old / previous system of granting admissions easily for colleges / universities based on caste, then why there is no similar mechanism for easy graduation according to caste?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:31 pm

seven wrote:It could be that these Dalit students got admissions based on caste n found the syllabus too difficult to cope with. They saw their senior medical Dalit students struggling even after 5-8 years, unable to pass the exam. They were too ashamed to quit n go home so they ended their lives. 
You're precisely doing the very things that the article I linked talks about i.e. systemic persecution of dalit students. I hope you realize you're behaving like Brahmins during ancient times who employed similar segregation techniques to confine education to themselves. If you're a sudra, you should know that your ancestors were called names like you're calling those dalit students now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Who was ruling during that period ? Delhi, Hyderabad, and India?

Could you give a castewise breakdown of suicides?

BTW, what cashtu is Raul the Prince Pappu ji ?
Irrelevant. This article talks about upper caste students who mistreat fellow students because of their background/social strata.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 pm

I was born in a Dalit family in Ajmer, Rajasthan. And I grew up learning to hide it. My convent school education, a non-Dalit sounding last name, and a skin color that was 'dusky but still not dirty' eased my passing as a non-Dalit. "Beta, what caste are you from?" "Aunty, Brahmin." A lie I spoke so often and with such conviction, that I not only fooled my friends' mothers but even myself. But I couldn't fool the shame that spread my face each time someone mentioned 'caste', 'reservation', 'bhangi' - the common slur, which loosely translates to a human scavenger and the name of my exact caste.
And reach out he did. He made me 'come out' to the people I grew up hiding from, wanting to fit in with. He made me recognize that my history is one of oppression and not shame. He made me acknowledge that my great grandfather learned to write by scrawling a stick in the mud because the higher caste schoolteacher forbade him from holding a slate. And he made me proud.

I know I am not alone to feel this. There are many of us whose experiences of growing up Dalit and navigating a society that forces us to feel shame, need to be told and heard. That's why I am starting Documents of Dalit Discrimination. A safe space for conversation about caste that needs to go beyond 'reservation' and 'merit' and voices that echo the hurt so many of us suffer silently.
http://www.ndtv.com/blog/why-today-is-the-day-i-am-coming-out-dalit-1268135

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 am

Why are PhD students engaged in politics in ANY university in India? I don't get it.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:37 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
You're precisely doing the very things that the article I linked talks about i.e. systemic persecution of dalit students. I hope you realize you're behaving like Brahmins during ancient times who employed similar segregation techniques to confine education to themselves. If you're a sudra, you should know that your ancestors were called names like you're calling those dalit students now.  
That's BS.  If people ("dalits" and others) want to avoid caste persecution, they immediately should ask the Govt. to stop using caste for quotas in education and jobs and being the beneficiary of such caste quotas, 
https://such.forumotion.com/t32714-the-need-for-obamaesque-approach-to-remove-caste-from-education-and-job-quotas
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:42 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
That's BS.  If people ("dalits" and others) want to avoid caste persecution, they immediately should ask the Govt. to stop using caste for quotas in education and jobs and being the beneficiary of such caste quotas, 
https://such.forumotion.com/t32714-the-need-for-obamaesque-approach-to-remove-caste-from-education-and-job-quotas
Higher caste folks dished it out millenia but are unable to take it for a just few decades.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Higher caste folks dished it out millenia but are unable to take it for a just few decades.

FYI, per Dalit Saint Vemula, the CPM in its 51 years - for all the bullsyt they give out on casteless society, anti-hindu rhetoric, RSS Brahminism, etc - has not appointed a SINGLE dalit to its Politburo.

He quit CPM with disgust and he never blamed BJP or RSS as he never cared for them. It is only the RSS-loving High Command and the Lowly servants who have been screaming... How come no one is blaming KCR.

Perhaps, Modi ji should dismiss all state govts and rule through presidents rule. AFter all he is getting blamed for everything - including the flush system not working in the pay toilet in Madras Porur bus stand.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: How come no one is blaming KCR.

Aunty, KCR didn't send four reminders to some hapless Vice Chancellor demanding to know why disciplinary action had not been taken against those anti-national, terroristic low-lives who had dared to take on the super-patriotic ABVP scholars.

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:15 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
There is little to back up the above claim,
http://creative.sulekha.com/macaulay-report-refutes-the-caste-basis-for-quotas_591797_blog
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:19 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
http://creative.sulekha.com/macaulay-report-refutes-the-caste-basis-for-quotas_591797_blog
Sevaji, The below apply to you perfectly
“In India, if you happen to be a caste Hindu, you really don’t know what is happening to a person who comes from the Dalit community.”
“We know that caste does play a part in our lives. Most of us ignore it, because we can afford to. Very few people know how Dalits are looked at and how their world actually is.
In fact, that’s one of the problems. Non-Dalits don’t think about or worry about the Dalit existence in India. It’s as if the Dalit experience is only related to Dalits. It’s not that way at all. They are a part of everything and they happen to be at the bottom of the pile.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/non-dalits-dont-think-of-dalit-experience-shyam-benegal/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:30 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
“In India, if you happen to be a caste Hindu, you really don’t know what is happening to a person who comes from the Dalit community.”
“We know that caste does play a part in our lives. Most of us ignore it, because we can afford to. Very few people know how Dalits are looked at and how their world actually is.
In fact, that’s one of the problems. Non-Dalits don’t think about or worry about the Dalit existence in India. It’s as if the Dalit experience is only related to Dalits. It’s not that way at all. They are a part of everything and they happen to be at the bottom of the pile.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/non-dalits-dont-think-of-dalit-experience-shyam-benegal/
Shyam Benegal gets emotional very easily without understanding things properly. He also thinks that the Censor Board, comprising a few individuals, has no role telling others about making movies and setting guidelines for the movie.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Face it: groups and communities are always discriminated - all over the world. Harijans in India, muslims and Christians at various levels, hindus in muslim countries... Shia and sunnis...tell me who is not discriminated. Heck..even the so-called highest caste Brahmins are discriminated flatly across all spectrum in TN.

Let me ask you.... Can the Dalits vouch that they dont discriminate among themselves - labeling at various levels?

Any caste playing victim in India is hypocritical as every caste discriminates some other caste, including the so-called Dalits.

I rest my case.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:56 am

Face it: groups and communities are always discriminated - all over the world. Harijans in India, muslims and Christians at various levels, hindus in muslim countries... Shia and sunnis...tell me who is not discriminated. Heck..even the so-called highest caste Brahmins are discriminated flatly across all spectrum in TN.

Let me ask you.... Can the Dalits vouch that they dont discriminate among themselves - labeling at various levels?  

Any caste playing victim in India is hypocritical as every caste discriminates some other caste, including the so-called Dalits.

I rest my case.
So, we should not talk about it? If that is the case, we shouldn't be making a deal of Ivy leagues limiting admissions of Asian Americans, right?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:00 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Shyam Benegal gets emotional very easily without understanding things properly. He also thinks that the Censor Board, comprising a few individuals, has no role telling others about making movies and setting guidelines for the movie.
And your tendency is to suggest that Dalits don't face any such problems rather are robbing opportunities off of deserving general category students without recognizing the disadvantages of Dalit students.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

I rest my case.
So, we should not talk about it? If that is the case, we shouldn't be making a deal of Ivy leagues limiting admissions of Asian Americans, right?

Of course you can ask and you should. But, you make up your mind and have your biases. And all your questions surround your biases.

For ex: did you ask why the newly wed wife of a RJ jumped and killed herself ? Are you sure this Dalit guy was the only one that committed suicide on that day and since then? ask any suicide-attempting guy he will have a sob story and obviously blame others.

You are asking about this Dalit guy for the last 4 days (only you by now) bcz this is a tool for you to criticize Modi.

Did you ever blame the Bar mata or MMS for the ANYTHING?
Did you ever question the role or inaction of KCR or the police or the family or the CPM?
Did you question why he supported Yakub?
Did you ever think that other students might have avoided him for his support of Muslim terrorists more than his caste.
He - like you - must have been in denial and using his dalit card for all his own mistakes.
Did you question how come other Dalits did not commit suicide?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
And your tendency is to suggest that Dalits don't face any such problems rather are robbing opportunities off of deserving general category students without recognizing the disadvantages of Dalit students.
What disadvantages?  Do you think it is right to flaunt your caste (as dalit, SC/ST, OBC) to get freebies in education and jobs?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 pm

So Dalits were discriminated against in the past. Non-Dalits are getting discriminated against today. 
When does this stop?

1000 years from now we will be creating reservations for non-Dalit caste people. I mean wth. 

Help them get books n free electricity etc. give them admissions when they meet the common criteria. If they have to feel equal, we need to treat them equal. No special privileges when it comes to admissions in medical colleges. 

God knows what they study n how much they understand n they will be treating other people n playing with their life. 

We should not give kids a reason to resent other kids because they didn't work hard to get into prestigious institutions. 

Work hard n prove your alligibility. If they did, and non Dalit kids still mocked them for their caste, it won't make them feel like ending their lives. They'll be like fuck you. So I'm bhangi. I'm smarter than you. Deal with it. Or suck on that. They die Bcz they know deep down they don't deserve to be in that school.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:19 pm

Humans will destroy earth much before the next 1000 years.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Point is we keep playing see-saw. If that has to stop, one group has to compromise n say ok you wronged us but now we forget n forgive. Going forward everyone gets treated the same way.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
What disadvantages?  Do you think it is right to flaunt your caste (as dalit, SC/ST, OBC) to get freebies in education and jobs?
Are you sure Sevaji? centuries oppression & exploitation didn't leave them with any disadvantages?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:42 pm

seven wrote:So Dalits were discriminated against in the past. Non-Dalits are getting discriminated against today. 
When does this stop?

1000 years from now we will be creating reservations for non-Dalit caste people. I mean wth. 

Help them get books n free electricity etc. give them admissions when they meet the common criteria. If they have to feel equal, we need to treat them equal. No special privileges when it comes to admissions in medical colleges. 

God knows what they study n how much they understand n they will be treating other people n playing with their life. 

We should not give kids a reason to resent other kids because they didn't work hard to get into prestigious institutions. 

Work hard n prove your alligibility. If they did, and non Dalit kids still mocked them for their caste, it won't make them feel like ending their lives. They'll be like fuck you. So I'm bhangi. I'm smarter than you. Deal with it. Or suck on that. They die Bcz they know deep down they don't deserve to be in that school.
This post basically exposes your naivete and lack of exposure to the treatment meted out to Dalits.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:54 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Are you sure Sevaji? centuries oppression & exploitation didn't leave them with any disadvantages?

People thinking themselves as the victims of past undue treatments and injustices based on caste (as dalit etc.) should immediately shed the use of caste (as dalit etc.) for themselves and also not take and use the caste certificates (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) from Govt. and other agencies for the sake getting admissions in colleges and universities and securing employment and job promotions. It is time these people stop wrapping themselves in the veil / cover of caste (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) for playing victim card, seeking sympathy and benefiting materially (e.g. through quotas in education and jobs etc.).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:30 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:]
People thinking themselves as the victims of past undue treatments and injustices based on caste (as dalit etc.) should immediately shed the use of caste (as dalit etc.) for themselves and also not take and use the caste certificates (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) from Govt. and other agencies for the sake getting admissions in colleges and universities and securing employment and job promotions. It is time these people stop wrapping themselves in the veil / cover of caste (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) for  playing victim card, seeking sympathy and benefiting materially (e.g. through quotas in education and jobs etc.).  
Keep living in denial, Sevaji. How many Dalits from your hometown did their masters in Hawaii and a Phd from a Canadian university? It is not much different in my times either, majority of Indian folks (my classmates & friends) that I know in the US are from higher castes, same deal on this board. To suggest that Dalits are not at a disadvantage compared to upper castes and they play victim card all the time is a bogus argument.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:]
People thinking themselves as the victims of past undue treatments and injustices based on caste (as dalit etc.) should immediately shed the use of caste (as dalit etc.) for themselves and also not take and use the caste certificates (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) from Govt. and other agencies for the sake getting admissions in colleges and universities and securing employment and job promotions. It is time these people stop wrapping themselves in the veil / cover of caste (as dalit, SC/ST and OBC etc.) for  playing victim card, seeking sympathy and benefiting materially (e.g. through quotas in education and jobs etc.).  
Keep living in denial, Sevaji. How many Dalits from your hometown did their masters in Hawaii and a Phd from a Canadian university? It is not much different in my times either, majority of Indian folks (my classmates & friends) that I know in the US are from higher castes, same deal on this board. To suggest that Dalits are not at a disadvantage compared to upper castes and they play victim card all the time is a bogus argument.
People shouldn't be using caste as excuse for their failures. Moreover, if "higher" caste had anything to do with with my getting the M.S. degree in Hawaii and Ph.D. at a Canadian university, then I probably wouldn't have gone to a Canadian university for Ph.D. and instead done it in the U.S.A. where I was already enrolled as a Ph.D. student at UCSB (before moving to Canada), https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=365582223644337&id=100005776877580
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Three Dalit female commit suicide in TN.

I think Amma, Smriti, and Modi should resign.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:34 pm

....Why are people raising Rohiths caste ? Did people ask Nirbhaya's caste ?

bcz Rohith claimed to be a SC and all the Netas used that as a tool to wrongfully blame Modi, BJP, and RSS.

If the mother (SC) married the father (OBC) then the son is naturally a OBC. Claims of Rohith being an SC is all politically twisted reward.

He committed suicide and killed HIMSELF. Period.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:57 pm

bcz Rohith claimed to be a SC and all the Netas used that as a tool to wrongfully blame Modi, BJP, and RSS.

If the mother (SC) married the father (OBC) then the son is naturally a OBC. Claims of Rohith being an SC is all politically twisted reward.

naturally?! WTH

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

naturally?! WTH

Looks like you have forgotten not only indian culture but also world culture and its traditions.
The world over kid take up the caste/religion of the FATHER.

sure - we are not talking legalese here...

So do you checkmark "White and Asian and Indian American" on any form...bcz technically you are all these three...see...thats how much the legal system is screwed up in every country.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Three Dalit female commit suicide in TN.

This is a lot worse than the Hyderabad suicide.

Hope these girls are officially declared dalits - but i dont think will happen.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Three Dalit female commit suicide in TN.

This is a lot worse than the Hyderabad suicide.

Hope these girls are officially declared dalits - but i dont think will happen.
Vasuki Subramanian on the run...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:39 am

....More (dalit) students commit suicide

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 am

Perhaps these students are being rushed and pressured into the programs which they are not able to cope with!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Saw an upper caste boy and a really  beautiful dalit girl in love during college days .  They Had to put and end to the relationship because of pressure from boy's relatives. Always wondered what would have happened if the girl was upper caste  and the boy dalit . Knives would have come out.  Sad but true.

But why do the politically correct people always find hinduism's faults ? Yes we have our faults but others are worse !!

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down