Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The JNU episode

+5
ashdoc
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
confuzzled dude
Hellsangel
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The JNU episode - Page 2 Empty Re: The JNU episode

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:46 am

More anti-India commies:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos/news/Watch-Anti-India-slogans-raised-at-Jadavpur-University/videoshow/51013260.cms
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:00 am

if these protests are by the Commies, then why are the media showing the Congressies visiting and sympathizing with protesters?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11 am

brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
In his effort to minimize the brutality of Kashmir Muslims, he is weaving fictitious stories about t area people.
It is amazing that he would go to these extremes of creating such baseless fiction. It goes to his extreme devotion to providing cover to the inhuman Kashmir Muslim jehadis.
TBT, Do you blurt whatever comes to mind? Where did I try to minimize the brutality? In fact, I said the opposite. I said, that useless state Kashmir has been a burden on India; Cost India 3 wars and a lot of human & financial loss, and Kashmir's secession from India would be good for India's future. It would help, if you to read the posts before providing your expert commentary/analysis.
and what good would it do to us to let it cede to rogue pakistan? will it stem the bleed or increase it?
They want independent Kashmir, let them have it; why should India care about Kashmir after secession. Does India care about Pakistan & Bangladesh?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:15 am

brie wrote:
it is a true part of india despite article 370 and despite your leftist teachings

it's a bit like sikkim. read it up (it's history) in wikipedia. sikkim entered a one-way street after it's last referendum. now it cannot leave india and india is legitimized to use force to prevent it's secession.
Leftist teachings!! Instead of mindless parroting of idiotic lines read a bit about true democracies and how they dealt with sedition issues; that is, if you're a true democrat not an ultra-nationalist.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:18 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
In his effort to minimize the brutality of Kashmir Muslims, he is weaving fictitious stories about t area people.
It is amazing that he would go to these extremes of creating such baseless fiction. It goes to his extreme devotion to providing cover to the inhuman Kashmir Muslim jehadis.
TBT, Do you blurt whatever comes to mind? Where did I try to minimize the brutality? In fact, I said the opposite. I said, that useless state Kashmir has been a burden on India; Cost India 3 wars and a lot of human & financial loss, and Kashmir's secession from India would be good for India's future. It would help, if you to read the posts before providing your expert commentary/analysis.
and what good would it do to us to let it cede to rogue pakistan? will it stem the bleed or increase it?
They want independent Kashmir, let them have it; why should India care about Kashmir after secession. Does India care about Pakistan & Bangladesh?

if confuzzled were to by chance become Prime Minister of India, there would be no India; he would have ensured the balkanization of India. Since whoever would have wanted to secede from India would have been given the green signal by Confuzzled. Let us remind ourselves that in the US Abraham Lincoln had gone to war when the southern states wanted to secede from the northern states. We should follow the line taken by Abraham Lincoln, and not the line taken by confused (albeit probably well meaning) people like Arundhati Roy.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:20 am

Vetri Vel wrote:confuzzled, please revise your thinking. if kashmir goes it will have a direct impact on the sovereignty of the country, since it would give fresh impetus to separatist movements from other parts of the country (like North-East), and  India will break up. that is why kashmir cannot be allowed to separate.
That shouldn't prevent India from doing the right thing. A country is not a permanent fixture, have we not seen how many new countries have born in the last 2-3 decades?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:22 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:confuzzled, please revise your thinking. if kashmir goes it will have a direct impact on the sovereignty of the country, since it would give fresh impetus to separatist movements from other parts of the country (like North-East), and  India will break up. that is why kashmir cannot be allowed to separate.
That shouldn't prevent India from doing the right thing. A country is not a permanent fixture, have we not seen how many new countries have born in the last 2-3 decades?

you are going against the line taken by Kautilya in the Arthasastra and also against the line taken by Abraham Lincoln in the US when he refused to allow southern states to secede.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:23 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Tell me what is the right thing? Show me 3 countries that has done this right thing? Why India alone should do thIS right thing ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 am

Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

if confuzzled were to by chance become Prime Minister of India, there would be no India; he would have ensured the balkanization of India. Since whoever would have wanted to secede from India would have been given the green signal by Confuzzled. Let us remind ourselves that in the US Abraham Lincoln had gone to war when the southern states wanted to secede from the northern states. We should follow the line taken by Abraham Lincoln, and not the line taken by confused (albeit probably well meaning) people like Arundhati Roy.
If an American President were handling the situation such as in India, the JNU probably would be closed by now. Google for the Kent State University when its students were protesting against the Vietnam War during Nixon's time.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Tell me what is the right thing?  Show me 3 countries that has done this right thing? Why India alone should do thIS right thing ?
A precedence was set when Andhra Pradesh was split against the wishes of the majority, because it was the right thing to do. Why change the rules of the game now?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

If an American President were handling the situation such as in India, the JNU probably would be closed by now. Google for the Kent State University when its students were protesting against the Vietnam War during Nixon's time.

the litmus test in my opinion is violence. If the students were not indulging in violence, but only in slogan shouting, then they cannot be arrested. That is also what Indian law says. Chaddis cannot take the law into their own hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Tell me what is the right thing?  Show me 3 countries that has done this right thing? Why India alone should do thIS right thing ?
A precedence was set when Andhra Pradesh was split against the wishes of the majority, because it was the right thing to do. Why change the rules of the game now?

Apples and Oranges. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana both remained a part of India.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 am

Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

But the idiot does not understand that.

I don't think he's fit to make any statements about India. He's delusional most times...but more on this topic.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:58 am

Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Nope. Underlying theme is the same, both didn't/don't want to coexist.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Nope. Underlying theme is the same, both didn't/don't want to coexist.

Wrong again. For example people of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh do not require a passport to travel from one state to another--neither before the bifurcation nor after.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Vetri Vel wrote:
Wrong again. For example people of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh do not require a passport to travel from one state to another--neither before the bifurcation nor after.
You're comparing logistics rather than their true feelings to each other, from that standpoint both issues are one and the same.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
You're comparing logistics rather than their true feelings to each other, from that standpoint both issues are one and the same.

you are mistaking regionalism and regional chauvinism with separatism and secessionism. Both Andhra and Telangana people continue to remain Indians. On August 15, schools and govt. offices across Andhra and Telangana will continue to raise the Indian flag.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:

you are mistaking regionalism and regional chauvinism with separatism and secessionism. Both Andhra and Telangana people continue to remain Indians. On August 15, schools and govt. offices across Andhra and Telangana will continue to raise the Indian flag.
How are they different? A couple of generations ago there was no Pakistan or India nor Andhra Pradesh heck there was no entity called India either.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:

How are they different? A couple of generations ago there was no Pakistan or India nor Andhra Pradesh heck there was no entity called India either.
What a stupid argument CD. What is your education level?

A few generations ago Bangladesh was East Pakistan, Germany was East and West Germany. Russia was Soviet Union.

A few more generations back USA was ruled by the British. Add a dozen more generations in history and Ghaznis/Ghori had not invaded Indian sub-continent. Indian sub-continent was almost all Hindu.

How far do you want to go? Or you conveniently choose your own timeline?

Not sure if you are suffering from some ailment, losing your mind or are genuinely an ass.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:

the litmus test in my opinion is violence. If the students were not indulging in violence, but only in slogan shouting, then they cannot be arrested. That is also what Indian law says. Chaddis cannot take the law into their own hands.
The real issue is the "freedom of expression"  (as granted in the U.S. under the First Amendment). The questions is whether such right (freedom of expression) applies to anti-national activities (under the excuse of "peaceful" protests).  The U.S. example involving the students protesting against the Vietnam War says 'no' to such rights. The attack on Indian Parliament, etc., including the protests in support of such attackers, similarly would fall under the same anti-national category, and therefore would be outside the domain of "freedom of expression" granted under the Constitution which itself is protected and exercised by the Parliament (the very Institution abused and threatened by the attackers).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

The real issue is the "freedom of expression"  (as granted in the U.S. under the First Amendment). The questions is whether such right (freedom of expression) applies to anti-national activities (under the excuse of "peaceful" protests).  The U.S. example involving the students protesting against the Vietnam War says 'no' to such rights. The attack on Indian Parliament, etc., including the protests in support of such attackers, similarly would fall under the same anti-national category, and therefore would be outside the domain of "freedom of expression" granted under the Constitution which itself is protected and exercised by the Parliament (the very Institution abused and threatened by the attackers).

with respect to the Vietnam protests, the US had no problem as long as the protests were peaceful. The US took action against the Kent State University students only after the protests became violent. We need to emulate the US in India. We need to respect the right of everyone to protest peacefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
cd
Being stupidly stubborn does not make your arguments any better. I lived near nampally. I know lot of adults who lived in the area in 60's and are quite familiar with t agitation. So try to hoodwink posters on this forum by claiming only you have knowledge of t agitation. I challenge you to walk with me to nampally station and verify our stories with real people.
You said useless Kashmir but did not identify the group that perpetuated the atrocities. Based on your apologist attitude towards Islamic jehadi atrocities, that is not accidental either.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Cd

Let us extend your example to Sikh routs in Delhi. Hi bhagat was widely regarded as the prime mover behind the killings.

Would you support a jnu carnival to celebrate hk bhagat?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:51 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
cd
Being stupidly stubborn does not make your arguments any better. I lived near nampally. I know lot of adults who lived in the area in 60's and are quite familiar with t agitation. So try to hoodwink posters on this forum by claiming only you have knowledge of t agitation. I challenge you to walk with me to nampally station and verify our stories with real people.
You said useless Kashmir but did not identify the group that perpetuated the atrocities. Based on your apologist attitude towards Islamic jehadi atrocities,  that is not accidental either.

Ignorance is bliss. If you're not aware of those incidents does not mean they did not happen. Next time, when you're in Hyderabad, by all means, check around. As for your other argument about Kashmir, who do you think India fought wars against? Sri Lanka?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:

with respect to the Vietnam protests, the US had no problem as long as the protests were peaceful. The US took action against the Kent State University students only after the protests became violent. We need to emulate the US in India. We need to respect the right of everyone to protest peacefully.
Do you consider the attack on Parliament a peaceful activity, which ultimately has led to the protests and sloganeering in support of men attacking the Parliament?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Do you consider the attack on Parliament a peaceful activity, which ultimately has led to the protests and sloganeering in support of men attacking the Parliament?

non-sequiteur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vetri Vel wrote:

non-sequiteur.
In other words, throw in the towel!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd

Let us extend your example to Sikh routs in Delhi. Hi bhagat was widely regarded as the prime mover behind the killings.

Would you support a jnu carnival to celebrate hk bhagat?

The question is not about you or I supporting those celebrations rather about freedom of expression.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
cd
You said useless Kashmir but did not identify the group that perpetuated the atrocities. Based on your apologist attitude towards Islamic jehadi atrocities,  that is not accidental either.

Ignorance is bliss. If you're not aware of those incidents does not mean they did not happen. Next time, when you're in Hyderabad, by all means, check around. As for your other argument about Kashmir, who do you think India fought wars against? Sri Lanka?
CD, my parents and the whole extended family lived in hyderabad since the early 60s and they are out and out Rayalaseemites. Most of them lived in Lakdikapool during that time, which is very close to Nampally. Nopes, I never heard of anything as remotely as anything that you are claiming. So, boo to that. 

But, I don't discount what you are saying. The difference will only be in landmarks/timeline. Such things must've happened during the Razakar movement. Unspeakable horrors have been committed by the muslim Razakars (under Nizam) on the hapless hindu Telanganites. Yes, the Razakar movement is very very similar to the Kashmir issue. The Nizam wanted the Hyderabad state to be a part Pakistan, not India. And in order to justify that, he needed the Hyderabad state to be a total muslim majority state. So he terrorized the hindu telanganites and tried to drive them out of Hyderabad. The similar thing that happened to the Kashmiri Pandits. Thankfully, Patel intervened and things  got under control. If a similar thing had happened in Kashmir too, we wouldn't be having the Kashmir problem today. But alas, Nehru messed up everything totally. 

So yeah, in a way you are right. The Razakar movement, their intent and the atrocities committed are very similar to what's happened/happening in Kashmir.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Kinnera wrote:
CD, my parents and the whole extended family lived in hyderabad since the early 60s and they are out and out Rayalaseemites. Most of them lived in Lakdikapool during that time, which is very close to Nampally. Nopes, I never heard of anything as remotely as anything that you are claiming. So, boo to that. 

But, I don't discount what you are saying. The difference will only be in landmarks/timeline. Such things must've happened during the Razakar movement. Unspeakable horrors have been committed by the muslim Razakars (under Nizam) on the hapless hindu Telanganites. Yes, the Razakar movement is very very similar to the Kashmir issue. The Nizam wanted the Hyderabad state to be a part Pakistan, not India. And in order to justify that, he needed the Hyderabad state to be a total muslim majority state. So he terrorized the hindu telanganites and tried to drive them out of Hyderabad. The similar thing that happened to the Kashmiri Pandits. Thankfully, Patel intervened and things  got under control. If a similar thing had happened in Kashmir too, we wouldn't be having the Kashmir problem today. But alas, Nehru messed up everything totally. 

So yeah, in a way you are right. The Razakar movement, their intent and the atrocities committed are very similar to what's happened/happening in Kashmir.
You win again. I've been proved a Muslim by you, umpteenth time. Great work.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I don't care whether you are a muslim or not. My posts says nothing of that sort. I just presented my view on what you were claiming.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I don't care whether you are a muslim or not. My posts says nothing of that sort. I just presented my view on what you were claiming.
You do obviously.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Cd
I am not just saying I am not aware. I smashing you are making this up. You have a habit of making up facts against people you do not like.

As far t area facts are concerning, you try to claim more knowledge than me. You don't. You truer to pull a fast one and got caught.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

You do obviously.
I care about the views you present (which are pretty outrageous and shocking sometimes), not to what religion you belong to.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:44 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd
I am not just saying I am not aware. I smashing you are making this up. You have a habit of making up facts against people you do not like.
Who do I not like in this case, Telanganites? You will find umpteen posts where I supported Telanagana and argued with Vakavaka. So enough of that nonsense
truthbetold wrote:
As far t area facts are concerning,  you try to claim more knowledge than me.  You don't. You truer to pull a fast one and got caught.
You win.. I lose. You pipped me. Bravo

BTW, you're the one trying to show-off your knowledge by questioning every post of mine, not the other way around.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Interesting strategy, Comrade. Still trying your false equivalence strategy after your wild tale has been refuted by so many people.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:56 pm

And still wildly e-gesticulating about Telangana as a distraction when people are talking about your comrades,  the JNU lefties.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Cd,
I have no reason to single you out. One reason it may appear that I am focusing on you is that you may post issues related to our common place of origin. The other possibility is your illogical jehadi supporting arguments.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:21 pm

The JNU episode - Page 2 Fb_img10

The black section reads Pakistan.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:The JNU episode - Page 2 Fb_img10

nicely photoshopped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:
it is a true part of india despite article 370 and despite your leftist teachings

it's a bit like sikkim. read it up (it's history) in wikipedia. sikkim entered a one-way street after it's last referendum. now it cannot leave india and india is legitimized to use force to prevent it's secession.
Leftist teachings!! Instead of mindless parroting of idiotic lines read a bit about true democracies and how they dealt with sedition issues; that is, if you're a true democrat not an ultra-nationalist.
ok let me assume i am parroting idiotic lines and i need a class in democracy. cite me examples of how "true democracies" dealt with secession. i'll cite one - sri lanka (all democratic nations supported sri lanka's use of force).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession wrote:Discussions and threats of secession often surface in American politics, and secession was declared during the Civil War between the States. However, in 1869 the United States Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869) that unilateral secession was not permitted saying that the union between a state (Texas in the case before the bar) "was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Barmy Fotheringay-Phipps wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The JNU episode - Page 2 Fb_img10

nicely photoshopped.

https://twitter.com/churumuri/status/700371882462216192

https://twitter.com/churumuri/status/700374637411078145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content