Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i've hungered...

Go down

i've hungered... Empty i've hungered...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 am

... for your touch

love reading stories behind old songs
(from wiki)
In 1936, songwriter Alex North approached Bing Crosby with the still untitled song. Crosby turned the song down and it remained unrecorded for almost twenty years.[8] In 1954, North was contracted to write a song as a theme for the prison film Unchained and he asked lyricist Hy Zaret to write the lyrics which Zaret initially declined, saying he was too busy painting his house.[9][10] Zaret later reconsidered, but refused the producer’s request to include the word "unchained" in his lyrics.[11] The song eventually became known as the "Unchained Melody" even though the song does not actually include the word "unchained". Instead, Zaret chose to focus on someone who pines for a lover he has not seen in a "long, lonely time".[12] The 1955 film centered around a man who contemplates either escaping from prison to live life on the run or completing his sentence and returning to his wife and family.[12]

Todd Duncan sang the vocals for the film soundtrack. He performs an abbreviated version in the film, playing one of the prisoners. Lying on a bed, he sings it accompanied by another prisoner on guitar while others listen sadly.[1]

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum