Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cryptics 3/17

3 posters

Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:05 pm

HI folks,

Here are some cryptics from the game I am playing. I think it is a British game(helpful in solving some clues in the future).

1. Sam dreamt about European port(9)
2. Trash was put by the exit initially.(5)
3. Just revenge - sense I'm crazy (7)
4. Cucumber is a bit tougher, kinked (7)
5. Lizard, good with coke, oddly (5)
6. Father's attempt to get pie-crust (6)
7. Help in class is trainee (6)
8. Takes a chance, right, and skies off (5)
9. Climber's aid gives muscular pain(no turning back) (7)
10. Edwin's upset about Lloyds' first fraud (7).
11. Begin, s-sweet thing! (5)
12. Inexperienced band intended to limit urban sprawl. (5,4)

Enjoy!

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 pm

11. S(TART)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 pm

10 SWIND(L)E

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:23 pm

1 AMSTERDAM

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:33 pm

5. GECKO (G + COKE oddly)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:37 pm

6 PAS + TRY

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:38 pm

3. NEMESIS (Anag sense i'm)
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14701
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 pm

7. ASSIST (hidden)
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14701
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:11. S(TART)
Correct.

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:46 pm

8 R + ISKS

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

All are correct. The following remain.

2. Trash was put by the exit initially.(5)
4. Cucumber is a bit tougher, kinked (7)
9. Climber's aid gives muscular pain(no turning back) (7)
12. Inexperienced band intended to limit urban sprawl. (5,4)

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:53 pm

is 4 BUCK + LED?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:is 4 BUCK + LED?
 Nope.

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:59 pm

9. CRAMPON (pain syn + NO backwards)


Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14701
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:59 pm

9 CRAMP + ON

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 pm

1 WAS + T + E

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:02 pm

12. GREEN CITY?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14701
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:06 pm

12 GREEN (inexperience) LINE (band)?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:9. CRAMPON (pain syn + NO backwards)

lol you had it as dd first (I posted same time as you)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 pm

4 GHERKIN hidden

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:12 GREEN (inexperience) LINE (band)?
 You and Max are half correct.

Rest are all correct.

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Appalamma wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:12 GREEN (inexperience) LINE (band)?
 You and Max are half correct.

Rest are all correct.

true. stole green from his answer. 

enjoyed playing, thanks for posting! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Answers


1. Sam dreamt about European port(9) - AMSTERDAM sam dreamt anag.
2. Trash was put by the exit initially.(5)-WAS+TE the exit initially.
3. Just revenge - sense I'm crazy (7) NEMESIS sense I'm anag.
4. Cucumber is a bit tougher, kinked (7)-GHERKIN hidden.
5. Lizard, good with coke, oddly (5)GECKO g+coke anag.
6. Father's attempt to get pie-crust (6)-PA'S+TRY
7. Help in class is trainee (6)ASSIST hidden.
8. Takes a chance, right, and skies off (5)RISKS R+SKIES anag
9. Climber's aid gives muscular pain(no turning back) (7) CRAMP+ON
10. Edwin's upset about Lloyds' first fraud (7).SWIND(L)E edwin anag L in between
11. Begin, s-sweet thing! (5) S+TART.
12. Inexperienced band intended to limit urban sprawl. (5,4) GREEN(Inexperienced) BELT(band)

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by garam-kuta Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Appalamma wrote:Answers


1. Sam dreamt about European port(9) - AMSTERDAM sam dreamt anag.
2. Trash was put by the exit initially.(5)-WAS+TE the exit initially.
3. Just revenge - sense I'm crazy (7) NEMESIS sense I'm anag.
4. Cucumber is a bit tougher, kinked (7)-GHERKIN hidden.
5. Lizard, good with coke, oddly (5)GECKO g+coke anag.
6. Father's attempt to get pie-crust (6)-PA'S+TRY
7. Help in class is trainee (6)ASSIST hidden.
8. Takes a chance, right, and skies off (5)RISKS R+SKIES anag
9. Climber's aid gives muscular pain(no turning back) (7) CRAMP+ON
10. Edwin's upset about Lloyds' first fraud (7).SWIND(L)E edwin anag L in between
11. Begin, s-sweet thing! (5) S+TART.
12. Inexperienced band intended to limit urban sprawl. (5,4) GREEN(Inexperienced) BELT(band)

ayyo Appalamma. All you need is this.
http://external.informer.com/crosswordmaestro.com/order.php
worth every penny. Just plug in the clues and it spits out answers. Then, post the answers here in random order.
How do you think the transformation from "dumb as a door-knob" took place?
edit: only the appearance changed. still dumb as the door-knob inside.

garam-kuta

Posts : 676
Join date : 2014-10-11

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Appalamma Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Tracy_Whitney wrote:
Appalamma wrote:Answers


1. Sam dreamt about European port(9) - AMSTERDAM sam dreamt anag.
2. Trash was put by the exit initially.(5)-WAS+TE the exit initially.
3. Just revenge - sense I'm crazy (7) NEMESIS sense I'm anag.
4. Cucumber is a bit tougher, kinked (7)-GHERKIN hidden.
5. Lizard, good with coke, oddly (5)GECKO g+coke anag.
6. Father's attempt to get pie-crust (6)-PA'S+TRY
7. Help in class is trainee (6)ASSIST hidden.
8. Takes a chance, right, and skies off (5)RISKS R+SKIES anag
9. Climber's aid gives muscular pain(no turning back) (7) CRAMP+ON
10. Edwin's upset about Lloyds' first fraud (7).SWIND(L)E edwin anag L in between
11. Begin, s-sweet thing! (5) S+TART.
12. Inexperienced band intended to limit urban sprawl. (5,4) GREEN(Inexperienced) BELT(band)

ayyo Appalamma. All you need is this.
http://external.informer.com/crosswordmaestro.com/order.php
worth every penny. Just plug in the clues and it spits out answers. Then, post the answers here in random order.
How do you think the transformation from "dumb as a door-knob" took place?
edit: only the appearance changed. still dumb as the door-knob inside.

I don't understand a word of what you are saying.

Appalamma

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Cryptics 3/17 Empty Re: Cryptics 3/17

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum