Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)

2 posters

Go down

Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)  Empty Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)

Post by FluteHolder Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)  14051579_10154153238403283_761897227334599574_n

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)  Empty Re: Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:43 am

Americans for Limited Government seem to misunderstand Trump's platform. He is not for limited government. He is more in the Il Duce mold of conservatism, a guy who says, "make me leader and I alone can fix all the country's problems."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)  Empty Re: Image/cartoon from Americans for Limited Gov. (limitgov.org)

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:56 am

Don't take my word for it, after all I am just a coastal liberal. This is from the National Review...

We Can’t Return to Limited Government by Electing a Strongman

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432497/donald-trump-2016-platform-not-what-america-needs

Whatever one’s view of Trump as a man, this should concern anybody who hopes to restore the blessings of limited government.

In Trump’s mind there is no need to diminish the size of the state; no imperative to limit entitlements or transfers; no healthy skepticism of the men with sharp bayonets and a sanctioned monopoly on violence. There is only leadership; there is only strength and cunning and the art of the deal.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down