Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market's on a tear

3 posters

Go down

Market's on a tear Empty Market's on a tear

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Glad with my decision to not go partial cash. So far. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Market's on a tear Empty Re: Market's on a tear

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:31 pm

If I did not have any compunction, easiest money to make right now will be to buy SWHC, hold on for a while and dump it. I wish we could get to a point where I can make money shorting it. Stronger gun control is a comin....
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:If I did not have any compunction, easiest money to make right now will be to buy SWHC, hold on for a while and dump it. I wish we could get to a point where I can make money shorting it. Stronger gun control is a comin....

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:If I did not have any compunction, easiest money to make right now will be to buy SWHC, hold on for a while and dump it. I wish we could get to a point where I can make money shorting it. Stronger gun control is a comin....
assuming that swhc is smith & wesson, the maker of guns, and you believe that clinton will win the election, I don't understand your first sentence.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:37 pm

swapna wrote:
assuming that swhc is smith & wesson, the maker of guns, and you believe that clinton will win the election, I don't understand your first sentence.

Whenever a democratic candidate appears to be winning a presidential election, gun purchases go way up in the U.S. and the stock price of gun manufacturers pops up significantly. It is driven by the fear that the NRA has sown amongst its membership that democrats are going to take their guns away. So if one is looking for a short term trading opportunity to make some quick money, buying SWHC shares prior to the election and selling it a few days after is a very good idea. Same thing happens after a major gun tragedy (like the Newtown massacre of children).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down