Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vestiges of sanity

4 posters

Go down

Vestiges of sanity Empty Vestiges of sanity

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

last vestiges of GOP sanity -- McCain and Graham.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Vestiges of sanity Empty Re: Vestiges of sanity

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:38 pm

So you agree with Graham?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/03/02/john-mccain-lindsey-graham-town-hall-trump-immigration.cnn

Incidentally I had the pleasure of meeting Graham during the Primaries in New Hampshire.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Graham also said that the young man's mother shouldn't have been deported. I have no problems deporting violent criminals who happen to be undocumented while simultaneously ensuring robust protections for those who are otherwise law abiding people. I agree with the notion that there ought to be a path to legalization which should involve getting in line and waiting like other legal immigrants.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Graham also said that the young man's mother shouldn't have been deported. I have no problems deporting violent criminals who happen to be undocumented while simultaneously ensuring robust protections for those who are otherwise law abiding people. I agree with the notion that there ought to be a path to legalization which should involve getting in line and waiting like other legal immigrants.
max, without googling, how many illegal immigrants did obama deport?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Graham also said that the young man's mother shouldn't have been deported. I have no problems deporting violent criminals who happen to be undocumented while simultaneously ensuring robust protections for those who are otherwise law abiding people. I agree with the notion that there ought to be a path to legalization which should involve getting in line and waiting like other legal immigrants.
Yeah. Break the law and get rewarded for it while making a mockery of the legal immigrants who jumped through hoops.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

More than Bush probably. But he also came up with DACA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

More than Bush probably. But he also came up with DACA.
greater than 2.5mil people. i can't remember where i came across that number.

here's an old econ article on it

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21595892-barack-obama-has-presided-over-one-largest-peacetime-outflows-people-americas

here's a old reuters article on it:

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/02/25/tracking-obamas-deportation-numbers/

so the current numbers would be greater than whateevr is quoted in those artciles.
if i come across current stuff i'll put it up

i can't really say i feel too badly about it.  like if someone cheated on the exam and passed would it be okay?

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 pm

They both talk a good game, but don't play it. They vote with Il Douche all the time. The only times they vote against him are show votes, when they know Il Douche will win without their vote.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm

The government's deportation numbers include those caught trying to enter the country illegally and stopped at the border. I feel good about Obama's deportations, because he prioritized deporting violent criminals, and anyone who is arrested and has been here less than two months.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down