Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUS loudmouths (cricket)

3 posters

Go down

AUS loudmouths (cricket) Empty AUS loudmouths (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 am

just because IND lost the first two tests, every tom, dick and harry in AUS seems to have discovered his vocal chords. this time it is haddin who is blabbering something about mental strength of IND. one hopes that IND gives it back so hard in the next two tests that these loudmouths shut up once and for all. these arrogant halfwits forget the fact that IND kicked their behinds on previous two occasions when AUS played in IND.

they are preparing a green track in Perth which I think will only benefit IND. IND has surpassed expectations on challenging tracks of late (WACA, durban) and i am certain they will put up a better show. let's hope ZK takes 10 at the WACA. IND must bowl first if they win the toss.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

AUS loudmouths (cricket) Empty Re: AUS loudmouths (cricket)

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

Another Brick wrote:just because IND lost the first two tests, every tom, dick and harry in AUS seems to have discovered his vocal chords. this time it is haddin who is blabbering something about mental strength of IND. one hopes that IND gives it back so hard in the next two tests that these loudmouths shut up once and for all. these arrogant halfwits forget the fact that IND kicked their behinds on previous two occasions when AUS played in IND.

they are preparing a green track in Perth which I think will only benefit IND. IND has surpassed expectations on challenging tracks of late (WACA, durban) and i am certain they will put up a better show. let's hope ZK takes 10 at the WACA. IND must bowl first if they win the toss.

This is the problem with India and Indians. When someone tells us what we are, on our face we cannot accept it. What Haddin said was 100% true. Every team from SL to Aus beleives the same. The 3rd wicket is down means, India is gone for good. We are arrogant, react proudly and yet show no results. Let India first win and *THEN* talk. Zak should have told these things if India won at Perth.

Given the indications, Perth will be spicy track and at least 2 Indians will get hurt or have broken bones. $kar's 100th century? Forget it. It is not anytime soon. The results will be 4-0, 4-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I am ready to bet $200 with anyone who says India can draw one game (let alone win) out of the two remaining tests. Any takers?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Another Brick wrote:just because IND lost the first two tests, every tom, dick and harry in AUS seems to have discovered his vocal chords. this time it is haddin who is blabbering something about mental strength of IND. one hopes that IND gives it back so hard in the next two tests that these loudmouths shut up once and for all. these arrogant halfwits forget the fact that IND kicked their behinds on previous two occasions when AUS played in IND.

Aussies are never known for being humble rather notorious for running their mouths even when they ruled the cricket world for a decade (with so called mind games), they are as classless as they can get, including their top players like Dennis Lille. I guess that goes with the culture in that part of the world. Having said that, there is no point getting irritated about those comments, most of us fans & media pundits routinely question mental strength of our own players.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:

This is the problem with India and Indians. When someone tells us what we are, on our face we cannot accept it. What Haddin said was 100% true. Every team from SL to Aus beleives the same. The 3rd wicket is down means, India is gone for good. We are arrogant, react proudly and yet show no results. Let India first win and *THEN* talk. Zak should have told these things if India won at Perth.

Given the indications, Perth will be spicy track and at least 2 Indians will get hurt or have broken bones. $kar's 100th century? Forget it. It is not anytime soon. The results will be 4-0, 4-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I am ready to bet $200 with anyone who says India can draw one game (let alone win) out of the two remaining tests. Any takers?

so, were AUS mentally fragile when they lost ashes to ENG three freaking times? were they mentally fragile when they lost a home series to SA? how about losing tests to IND at home and getting routed by IND in IND? we were in a good position when we were 214/2 at the MCG, but managed to lose it. results would have been different if only batsmen had scored after SRT's wicket. nobody would have talked about mental weakness then! the thing is, when you are on the winning side, you tend to become arrogant which is what haddin is doing. i don't agree with him at all.

as for your bet, i accept it. i am certain IND will win at the WACA. i bet $1000.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Aussies are never known for being humble rather notorious for running their mouths even when they ruled the cricket world for a decade (with so called mind games), they are as classless as they can get, including their top players like Dennis Lille. I guess that goes with the culture in that part of the world. Having said that, there is no point getting irritated about those comments, most of us fans & media pundits routinely question mental strength of our own players.

it is very comical when haddin, of all people, blabbers something like this. can't bat, can't keep but will talk. i hope IND gives it back so hard that this tour becomes his last. it might become his last regardless.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 am

Another Brick wrote:as for your bet, i accept it. i am certain IND will win at the WACA. i bet $1000.

Q for you before you lose your bet. Based on what aspect of Indian team do you think they will win at Perth? Bowling has been sub par, batting abysmal, and fielding less talked the better. I do not see a single aspect that helps me bet on this team. Even SL can beat this team and they will do it when the triangular ODI series happens later in this tour. World Cup victory seems a fluke.

Whether Haddin can bat or keep is another thing but he remains in the winning team. Winning is all that matters. They won fair and square. Now he has earned the right to talk. What did India do to retort? Show me one positive aspect of this Indian team in the last year (except on weakling WI team) that you can count on.

Rather it is the Indian team that is blabbering I dare say. VVS said he wanted to score a 100 at lords and help India win. He failed miserably. Even before the ENG tour the "seniors" went ahead of the tour and wanted to "get used" to those conditions. So what happened? We had a whitewash at 4-0. Now too they went ahead of tour to "acclamitize." What we are going to see is another 4-0.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Another Brick wrote:as for your bet, i accept it. i am certain IND will win at the WACA. i bet $1000.

Q for you before you lose your bet. Based on what aspect of Indian team do you think they will win at Perth? Bowling has been sub par, batting abysmal, and fielding less talked the better. I do not see a single aspect that helps me bet on this team. Even SL can beat this team and they will do it when the triangular ODI series happens later in this tour. World Cup victory seems a fluke.

Whether Haddin can bat or keep is another thing but he remains in the winning team. Winning is all that matters. They won fair and square. Now he has earned the right to talk. What did India do to retort? Show me one positive aspect of this Indian team in the last year (except on weakling WI team) that you can count on.

Rather it is the Indian team that is blabbering I dare say. VVS said he wanted to score a 100 at lords and help India win. He failed miserably. Even before the ENG tour the "seniors" went ahead of the tour and wanted to "get used" to those conditions. So what happened? We had a whitewash at 4-0. Now too they went ahead of tour to "acclamitize." What we are going to see is another 4-0.

i agree we failed in ENG but i blame it on injuries and some bad captaincy by dhobi. we dominated first two tests for a while but did not convert it into win. even at the MCG, we had a good chance of winning but dhobi faltered.

i say IND will win this because fast tracks have been a blessing for IND abroad. we won at the WACA last time and we also won in durban. Zaheer Khan will be our trump card as usual, and i am hoping ishant sharma clicks. add to that the hope that sehwag, laxman (i have high hopes from him at the WACA), dhobi and dravid are yet to score big. and the team has been pushed to the wall and they just might pull the next one through.

and then i am an eternal optimist when it comes to indian team. sigh.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 am

Another Brick wrote:and then i am an eternal optimist when it comes to indian team. sigh.

Except the above point, I do not see anything valid in your argument :-) The following points hold against your prediction.

No injuries fine but still bad Kapitancy holds for dhobi.

India won at WACA how many times? (just last time? And that gives you eternal hope? Excellent)

Dravid and Laxman will score big at WACA? LOL. OZ will try the short ball to dislodge the entire team below 250 and to refresh your memory last time WACA was not prepared to be fast pitch. This time it is going to be spicy and bouncy.

BTW Sydney Morning Herald correctly said "hype about Indian team." Read it. This team is nothing but hype. I challenge you again 4-0 it will be.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down