Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Private Ryan

2 posters

Go down

Saving Private Ryan Empty Saving Private Ryan

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:45 am

Rewatched this movie after a long time this past weekend. The opening scene is probably Spielberg's best work. It is as stunning and harrowing watching it on large screen TV as it was in theatre when it first came out.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Saving Private Ryan Empty Re: Saving Private Ryan

Post by Guest Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm

i was preggers when this was released. i usually am ok watching all kinda movies, as in i don't turn away or close my eyes or whatever. I may scream (if at home), but i will watch every second.  But during this pregnancy, i would get extra fearful and anxious watching scary or violent scenes (also remember being the same way when watching a couple of scary movies either on screen or video - either scream or what u did last summer or both, forgetting now). so when we went to watch this, and that happened w/o warning, it was a pretty torturous time for me, with me eventually turning away and hiding my face behind XH's shoulder. 

oh, and later i was invited to XH's team dinner at work, and us being newlyweds, they asked me to tell something [sorta embarrassing] about him that they would not know. I said - he sleeps within 15-20 minutes of any movie. So they go, 'oh, no wonder, first 15 minutes of saving private ryan is all he talks about', lol.

Last edited by t w on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm

t w wrote:i was preggers when this was released. i usually am ok watching all kinda movies, as in i don't turn away or close my eyes or whatever. I may scream, but i will watch every second.  But during this pregnancy, i would get extra fearful and anxious watching scary or violent scenes (also remember being the same way when watching a couple of scary movies either on screen or video - either scream or what u did last summer or both, forgetting now). so when we went to watch this, and that happened w/o warning, it was a pretty torturous time for me, with me eventually turning away and hiding my face behind XH's shoulder. 

oh, and later i was invited to XH's team dinner at work, and us being newlyweds, they asked me to tell something [sorta embarrassing] about him that they would not know. I said - he sleeps within 15-20 minutes of any movie. So they go, 'oh, no wonder, first 15 minutes of saving private ryan is all he talks about', lol.
lol!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down