Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dying wishes

2 posters

Go down

dying wishes Empty dying wishes

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 10:57 am

not sure if it's lucky or not, to be able to make a dying wish

http://www.storypick.com/dying-wishes/

Back to top Go down

dying wishes Empty Re: dying wishes

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 7:58 pm

sounds fiction to me, esp.  The last wish of this terminally ill patient was to visit the Rembrandt exhibition.

i have applied for a revolver license. i was keen on buying a pistol but didn't know the difference. it so happens that pistols are all imported, expensive and cost upwards 7/8 lacs while cheapest revolver is made by ichapur ordinance factory and costs 75,000. the only trouble is that, i hear, that particular revolver is 0.22 caliber and 0.22 caliber might simply just pass through the head and might not kill. the next option is 0.44 caliber but that's right 3/4 lacs. anyway, i'll see what to do when i get to buying it -- right now licensing paperwork in underway and it takes time. 

my last wish (rather prayer) would be, to god obviously, to be of normal mind for a few days before that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked  @ the revolver research.. jeez don't buy it! hope your wish/prayer gets answered, coz you can't be having both your wishes. first one will automatically cancel the other, no?

regarding exhibition. i believe it (now)... the other day, son and i went to the museum in princeton. normal fare. In one of the main halls after entrance, there was a huge painting. It had one of those couches in front of it. A guy was sitting there and had just got up to go when we got there. And a security guard was walking generally in the area. He tells the guard, 'So mesmerizing! Phew! it TALKS to you. It PULLS you in'. The guard goes, 'umm hmm'. The guy then says, 'you are so lucky! you get to look at it all day!!'. The guard goes, 'yeah!'. The moment he left, I went and stood in front of it. Looked like a normal lounge or some scene, don't remember. Nice colors, but I mean. I waited for it to begin 'talking' to me at some point, and that didn't happen. Son, I think looked at it even lesser before walking away. I left rather disappointedly and wondered what the guard actually thought of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 8:28 pm

t w wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked  @ the revolver research.. jeez don't buy it! hope your wish/prayer gets answered, coz you can't be having both your wishes. first one will automatically cancel the other, no?

yes it will. it's a conundrum i now realize. i'll think about it later. i have a tension headache right now. also body aches -- viral i think -- for last few days. waiting for pharmacy to open; it's 7 am. i'm buying it cos my sons with me but not my wife and wife been out-voted. family wants you to live even when you've lost all limbs -- live like me and show me, i say. 

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Weltschmerz wrote:sounds fiction to me, esp.  The last wish of this terminally ill patient was to visit the Rembrandt exhibition.

i have applied for a revolver license. i was keen on buying a pistol but didn't know the difference. it so happens that pistols are all imported, expensive and cost upwards 7/8 lacs while cheapest revolver is made by ichapur ordinance factory and costs 75,000. the only trouble is that, i hear, that particular revolver is 0.22 caliber and 0.22 caliber might simply just pass through the head and might not kill. the next option is 0.44 caliber but that's right 3/4 lacs. anyway, i'll see what to do when i get to buying it -- right now licensing paperwork in underway and it takes time. 

my last wish (rather prayer) would be, to god obviously, to be of normal mind for a few days before that day.
No No common , now
0:57 - 1:11

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Weltschmerz wrote:sounds fiction to me, esp.  The last wish of this terminally ill patient was to visit the Rembrandt exhibition.

No  No common , now

wonder why india doesn't make pistols? (let me check if there is a biz. opportunity here -- probably pvt. sector isn't allowed in this industry.) ichapur looks good though - 

dying wishes Nidar12

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 am

Glad that India still have less accessibility to Guns. With the amount of corruption which is easy in India, IF the guns were easily available, it will be very bad... 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 15, 2017 12:41 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 9:22 am

Weltschmerz wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

No  No common , now

wonder why india doesn't make pistols? (let me check if there is a biz. opportunity here -- probably pvt. sector isn't allowed in this industry.) ichapur looks good though - 

dying wishes Nidar12

have you used a pistol/revolver/any gun before? Just asking.

i went to a range many years ago, for one of those groupon what what's-its-name deals. i was so stupid at the time, that when they were showing me the guns, i would slightly twist my wrist around to see how they look in my hand. The owner and other guests there got fairly pissed at me, coz even though the gun owner himself had taken it out of his own locked shelf, and checked it before handing it to me, apparently you can never be sure with a gun, so they got nervous with my rookie moves and told me stop that. 

I chose a better looking gun i think, instead of the standard glock, forgetting the names now. It would get stuck all the time. the guy said that's coz i don't keep my hand steady and strong when I shoot. It got stuck so many times, that after maybe the 5th or 6th time, instead of calling them to clean it up, i began doing it myself. I guess if I wasn't careful or lucky, I would have made the statistics of the idiots who shoot their own eyes when cleaning a gun, lol.

I was a bad shot, but I think i got one or two decent ones in. Posted my pics proudly on FB and all. I think i was even open to going to try bigger guns, and promised my brother i will take him to a range whenever he visits next. 2-3 weeks later, sandy hook happened and i was sick to my stomach, guess more so coz my son was the same age at the time. I changed my pics right away, though I didn't delete them. partly coz, I had memorized the names of the guns then and posted that. If I ever have to tell anyone which guns I used, I have that page to refer to, considering my horrible memory with names and details.

I don't think i will ever want to hold a gun again. At the time I didn't realize the full power of it, even though I was 39. But I did later when I was replaying the whole thing in my head, and nope, I don't want it. I will be totally fine if I never hold a gun, ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down