Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya

3 posters

Go down

Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya Empty Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am

what a waste of money which could have been spent on schools, hospitals, etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/rs-225-crore-ram-museum-in-ayodhya/article18476779.ece

Back to top Go down

Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya Empty Re: Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya

Post by southindian Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 am

Rashmun wrote:what a waste of money which could have been spent on schools, hospitals, etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/rs-225-crore-ram-museum-in-ayodhya/article18476779.ece
Dear Bastard,

How do you try to ignore yourself when you blame yourself for spamming this forum?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya Empty Re: Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:what a waste of money which could have been spent on schools, hospitals, etc.

Dear Bastard,

How do you try to ignore yourself when you blame yourself for spamming this forum?

LOL. Are you suggesting that I am Some Profile?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

You are an asshole who spams this place with junk all the time.

Put yourself on ignore.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.

if you don't like my posts why not put me on ignore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.
You mean, put the belt on and activate kboom to meet 72?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.
You mean, put the belt on and activate kboom to meet 72?

is that what you are planning to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.
Jackass,

You can do the same for other handles.

Easy to say. Right? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 10:53 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Dear Bastard,

Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.
Jackass,

i am not complaining about your posts. in fact i am amused by them. i consider you a clown whose only purpose on this forum is to provide mirth to others.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Nope! 

Put yourself on ignore.
Jackass,

i am not complaining about your posts. in fact i am amused by them. i consider you a clown whose only purpose on this forum is to provide mirth to others.
In contrast to you, who provides shit on this forum 24x7.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Did you ask the same question when the government pays for the Haj pilgrimages every year?

As for the ram museum, thousands of visitors/pilgrims throng to Ayodhya every day just to have a look at the barren land of Rama's supposed birth place. Build a museum nearby, all these pilgrims will surely visit that. The money invested in the museum will be collected in no time and the continued revenue from it can be spent on schools, hospitals, etc.

BTW, if you want H-M synthesis, preach to the muslim brotherhood about accepting, 'Ishwar Allah tero naam' 'Sab ka maalik ek' etc and not '(only) Allah hu Akbar.' It can be 'Jesus hu akbar', 'Ram hu akbar', etc along with 'allah hu akbar.' 

The greatest synthesis can happen when the muslims understand the sentiments of millions of hindus about the ram janmabhoomi site and come to a compromise about it. If you want to work towards H-M synthesis, work towards that. 

That said, the govt may ban the export of beef, but should make it available to the consumers within India. One can't impose one's religious preferences on others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 pm

kinnera wrote:

Did you ask the same question when the government pays for the Haj pilgrimages every year?

<snip>

all doles and subsidies for Haj pilgrimage, Amarnath pilgrimage, Mansarovar pilgrimage, etc. should be stopped with immediate effect. It is ridiculous for a nation with a huge number of people who don't have sufficient food to eat to spend money on religious doles. Let people who want to go on these pilgrimages do so with their own money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 am

kinnera wrote:

<snip>
BTW, if you want H-M synthesis, preach to the muslim brotherhood about accepting, 'Ishwar Allah tero naam' 'Sab ka maalik ek' etc and not '(only) Allah hu Akbar.' It can be 'Jesus hu akbar', 'Ram hu akbar', etc along with 'allah hu akbar.' 
<snip>

this does not seem like a sensible idea. the corollary to this idea would be asking Hindus to chant 'Jai Jesus' and 'Jai Allah' along with 'Jai Bajrang Bali', 'Jai Shree Krishna', 'Jai Shree Ram', 'Jai Bholenath', etc.

I would prefer this chanting business to be a private affair of everyone; wearing religion on your sleeve should be uniformly discouraged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 1:35 am

kinnera wrote:

<snip>
That said, the govt may ban the export of beef, but should make it available to the consumers within India. One can't impose one's religious preferences on others.

this is a noble idea (to save cattle), but have you thought about how the consequent loss of revenue and jobs should be handled?

----
In economic terms, UP accounts for nearly 50% of India’s total meat exports, a huge industry that provides livelihood to 25 lakh people, directly or indirectly....Of the 72 government-approved abattoirs across the country, 38 are in Uttar Pradesh. The association puts the country’s annual meat exports at Rs 27,000 crore, which includes Rs 15,000 crore from UP.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/job-loss-fear-looms-over-up-s-biggest-slaughterhouse-where-hindus-outnumber-muslims/story-wodpKHLYmScJsJdsZZnjyO.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 1:48 am

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

<snip>
<snip>

this does not seem like a sensible idea. the corollary to this idea would be asking Hindus to chant 'Jai Jesus' and 'Jai Allah' along with 'Jai Bajrang Bali', 'Jai Shree Krishna', 'Jai Shree Ram', 'Jai Bholenath', etc.

I would prefer this chanting business to be a private affair of everyone; wearing religion on your sleeve should be uniformly discouraged.
Jeez@your IQ levels! It's not about chanting, stupud! It's about accepting the oneness of god. It's being inclusive, not exclusive. Read my post again and again until you get it. 

I'll tey not to respond to your stupid posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 1:55 am

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

<snip>
<snip>

Jeez@your IQ levels! It's not about chanting, stupud! It's about accepting the oneness of god. It's being inclusive, not exclusive. Read my post again and again until you get it. 

do hindus accept that Allah and Jesus are no different than Rama, Krishna, Shiva, etc? They do not. You might, since you claim to be an elevated Advaitin, but the vast majority of hindus do not. Otherwise there would have been statues of Allah and Jesus together with statues of the hindu gods in hindu temples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 7:07 am

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

<snip>
<snip>

do hindus accept that Allah and Jesus are no different than Rama, Krishna, Shiva, etc? They do not. You might, since you claim to be an elevated Advaitin, but the vast majority of hindus do not. Otherwise there would have been statues of Allah and Jesus together with statues of the hindu gods in hindu temples.

You kidding me? I've been to Sai Baba temple last Thursday and ppl there were singing sai bhajans. The bhajans had the names of Rama, Krishna and Allah incorporated in them. The hall full of hindu devotees had no qualms hailing Allah. 
Sufism is pretty popular in my mom's native place and she grew up celebrating Pir festivals and visiting Durgahs.
I went to a methodist school and a Catholic schools. My parents never had a problem with me attending the chapel services or visiting churches. 

Hindus have a problem with Christian proselytizing and muslim extremism abd their exclusive beliefs, but never have a problem revering Jesus or Allah or Mother Mary or anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
<snip>
<snip>

You kidding me? I've been to Sai Baba temple last Thursday and ppl there were singing sai bhajans. The bhajans had the names of Rama, Krishna and Allah incorporated in them. The hall full of hindu devotees had no qualms hailing Allah. 
Sufism is pretty popular in my mom's native place and she grew up celebrating Pir festivals and visiting Durgahs.
<snip>

Please share your views on Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopananda's comments on Sai Baba. The Shankaracharya seems to believe that Sai Baba (and presumably also Sai Baba's disciples) are enemies of Hinduism.

Sharpening his attack on Sai Baba, Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati in Bhopal on Friday released a poster in which Lord Hanuman is shown ‘driving out’ the revered spiritual master with a tree trunk.

In what is being built as the most virulent attack on Sai Baba, Swami Swarupanand Saraswati and his disciples, who are currently in Bhopal said “Sai Baba will be driven out of India to Pakistan in the next three years by the grace of lord Hanuman,” said Ramanand, a disciple of Swami Swaroopanand.

Talking to HT, Swami Swarupanand said the trust formed on the name of Sai was responsible to spoil Hindu dharma in the country. He said Sai Baba was projected superior to lord Hanuman and other Hindu Gods by the trust, which was unacceptable.

“Sai Baba’s real name was Chand Miya who is dead and we treat him as a ghost and not God,” said Swami Swaroopanand.

He also claimed that there were no followers of Sai Baba in the country. People visit Shirdi as they are mean, selfish and only want their wishes to come true.

“I visited several places in the past two months. During this period, not a single follower of Sai came to me to raise objections about my perception about Sai,” he added.

Ramanand said the poster was made on the basis of a dream of a disciple in Nanded district. The disciple dreamt that Lord Hanuman was ‘driving out’ Sai Baba with the help of a tree trunk, he added.

He added that Lord Hanuman has also instructed to build temples near every temple of Sai Baba in India, so that the spirit of Sai Baba can be ‘driven out’ from the country.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bhopal/mp-shankaracharya-releases-poster-against-sai-baba/story-n6PuqdoEJovkQ8Hah6QPPO.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat May 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Misplaced Priorities: Rs. 225-crore Ram museum being built in Ayodhya 732

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Please share your views on Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopananda's comments on Sai Baba. The Shankaracharya seems to believe that Sai Baba (and presumably also Sai Baba's disciples) are enemies of Hinduism.

Sharpening his attack on Sai Baba, Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati in Bhopal on Friday released a poster in which Lord Hanuman is shown ‘driving out’ the revered spiritual master with a tree trunk.

In what is being built as the most virulent attack on Sai Baba, Swami Swarupanand Saraswati and his disciples, who are currently in Bhopal said “Sai Baba will be driven out of India to Pakistan in the next three years by the grace of lord Hanuman,” said Ramanand, a disciple of Swami Swaroopanand.

Talking to HT, Swami Swarupanand said the trust formed on the name of Sai was responsible to spoil Hindu dharma in the country. He said Sai Baba was projected superior to lord Hanuman and other Hindu Gods by the trust, which was unacceptable.

“Sai Baba’s real name was Chand Miya who is dead and we treat him as a ghost and not God,” said Swami Swaroopanand.

He also claimed that there were no followers of Sai Baba in the country. People visit Shirdi as they are mean, selfish and only want their wishes to come true.

“I visited several places in the past two months. During this period, not a single follower of Sai came to me to raise objections about my perception about Sai,” he added.

Ramanand said the poster was made on the basis of a dream of a disciple in Nanded district. The disciple dreamt that Lord Hanuman was ‘driving out’ Sai Baba with the help of a tree trunk, he added.

He added that Lord Hanuman has also instructed to build temples near every temple of Sai Baba in India, so that the spirit of Sai Baba can be ‘driven out’ from the country.

That's his opinion and he's entitled to one. 

As I see it, if one feels the need to follow a guru, it's better to be devoted to a dead one rather than a living one. At least you are assured that the guru can't get into any controversies and have you disillusioned and heartbroken. So following Shirdi Sai baba>following Nityananda or Sri sri Ravishankar or Jaggu Vasudeva, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 2:27 pm

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

<snip>
As I see it, if one feels the need to follow a guru, it's better to be devoted to a dead one rather than a living one. At least you are assured that the guru can't get into any controversies and have you disillusioned and heartbroken. So following Shirdi Sai baba>following Nityananda or Sri sri Ravishankar or Jaggu Vasudeva, etc.

i agree with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down