Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape'

5 posters

Go down

Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape' Empty Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape'

Post by FluteHolder Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:14 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-told-french-lady-youre-good-shape/story?id=48619022

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape' Empty Re: Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape'

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

The Australian foreign minister had one of the best responses to this. She asked:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/16/trump-praised-a-womans-body-a-foreign-minister-wondered-if-she-could-say-the-same-of-him/

“I'd be taken aback,” Bishop said.

And then this zinger: “I wonder if she could say the same of him?”
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape' Empty Re: Trump told French first lady, 'You're in such good shape'

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 am

Unfortunately for him, Trump made stupid comments about women before he became the president and every word he utters now is scrutinized. Added to that, there is the Russia issue. If he said, "you are doing a great job", the media may say that he is comparing her to a man in performance. If he says, "I would like to know your views on the current happenings in the world", they may say, he is suggesting that she is a "dumb blond". If he says, "Very happy to meet you, would like to discuss more with you", they may say that he is trying to hit on her.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 am

Idéfix wrote:The Australian foreign minister had one of the best responses to this. She asked:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/16/trump-praised-a-womans-body-a-foreign-minister-wondered-if-she-could-say-the-same-of-him/

“I'd be taken aback,” Bishop said.

And then this zinger: “I wonder if she could say the same of him?”

It was nice of President Trump to compliment her despite he himself being out of shape. He appreciates what he doesn't have, and isn't afraid to say so.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

I wonder if DJT would make similar comments about spouses of senators/rep.leaders/any other senior officials esp when meeting them along with Melania and (if they are in shape). Then we have our Bittu at WH! Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I wonder if DJT would make similar comments about spouses of senators/rep.leaders/any other senior officials esp when meeting them along with Melania and (if they are in shape). Then we have our Bittu at WH! Smile

He already has made comments about Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz's wife, and Hillary Clinton's appearance.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down