Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

".....8 Dems control Senate

2 posters

Go down

".....8 Dems control Senate Empty ".....8 Dems control Senate

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Crazy!"

lol!

Back to top Go down

".....8 Dems control Senate Empty Re: ".....8 Dems control Senate

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 pm

The last time he tried that, McConnell shot that down. Let's see what he does this time!

http://time.com/4763816/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-filibuster/

"There is an overwhelming majority on a bipartisan basis that is not interested in changing the way the Senate operates on the legislative calendar," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters.

McConnell was responding to a question about a tweet in which Trump suggested changing the rules so that legislation could pass on a simple majority vote. Currently, the rules request a super-majority of 60 votes to overcome a filibuster.

Interestingly, if there was no legislative filibuster in 2009, we would have gotten a better healthcare bill with a public option. The only thing that killed the public option was Joe Lieberman's filibuster threat. If McConnell destroys the filibuster at Trump's prompting, the longer-term damage will be to conservatives.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Today: "As I have always said, let ObamaCare fail and then come together and do a great healthcare plan. Stay tuned!"

Il Douche is lying again. He hasn't always said that. Here is what he actually said:

Yesterday: "Republicans should just REPEAL failing ObamaCare now & work on a new Healthcare Plan that will start from a clean slate."

Last week: "Next week the Senate is going to vote on legislation to save Americans from the ObamaCare DISASTER."

Last month: "I cannot imagine that these very fine Republican Senators would allow the American people to suffer a broken ObamaCare any longer!"

Two months ago: "Republican Senators will not let the American people down! ObamaCare premiums and deductibles are way up - it was a lie and it is dead!"

Three months ago: "Talks on Repealing and Replacing ObamaCare are, and have been, going on, and will continue until such time as a deal is hopefully struck."

Four months ago: "“I know that we are all going to make a deal on health care. That’s such an easy one. I have no doubt that that’s going to happen very quickly.

Six months ago: "Congrats to the Senate for taking the first step to #RepealObamacare- now it's onto the House!"

Nine months ago: "I am going to repeal and replace ObamaCare. We will have MUCH less expensive and MUCH better healthcare."

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Don't take for granted that fucking bastard pussy-grabber moron mean son-of-a-bitch. For 8 years he had parroted a lie about Obama's citizenship.

He's a lowlife and can go to any lengths to destroy whatever Obama did.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down