Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me and She

Go down

Me and She Empty Me and She

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:58 am

[ I picked her up on my 1997 Honda Civic. I was almost emotionless at the time, having lost the ability to smile or cry. I had just returned from India after losing my mother to blood cancer, after my 3 months stay there. My kids and my wife looked at me, as if I was an alien during those times]

Me (driving): Hi beta, so how was your day?

She: It waa ok,

He (my son): Why did you go to India on a one way ticket? 

Me: Umm....(I actually start crying)

She:  Daddy?

Me: Yeah?

She (in a firm voice): You should not love someone so much that when they leave, you cannot handle it.

[I was taken aback at that statement coming from my 14 year old daughter, made my mind go whoaaa!]

Me (recollecting self): Why do U say that?

She: I know! U drive.

Me: But tell me!

She: (No reply)

And we drive back home.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Me and She Empty Re: Me and She

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 am

seems to me she took your being away for 3 months hard. Hence such theories of detachment. If I were you I would fill that gap asap. Otherwise, to her comment, I will just say one thing, not that you have to agree Smile 

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 pm

She is over sensitive. Her detachment is a shield, over time.

When her crab fish died she got from her school, and took over one of our bath tubs. She did not know how to tell us or handle her emotions. I had to hug her strongly before she cried, and we made a grave in our backyard to soothe her.

When her best friend moved out of city, she again did not know how to handle her emotions. She cried all night. I had to send her to that friend on a flight by herself, so she feels better, and gets over it....slowly.

She has emotional needs at this age, which we cannot fulfill, is what I think.

As for education, and extra curricular - she is considered gifted. Top student to have received merit based scholarship, straight A's (though I have no idea, if she is learning it the right way), representing school in field hockey, tennis; pottery, violin (all by her own choice)....and so on.

Thanks again,
TS

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum