Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all for a free movie

2 posters

Go down

all for a free movie Empty all for a free movie

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:27 pm

went to the theatre to see a movie y'day, it was sold out. So decided i will watch it today and go 'a little early'. 

Today morning, 4 hours before the show, I casually checked on fandango how many seats are sold out for the show, and only one was left  What a Face (I mean if you discount the two front row seats, at each end). So I blocked the seat on fandango and rushed to the theatre. When I was about 3-4 minutes away from the theatre, checked again at a stop. Fandango had kicked me out of the transaction by now, but the seat was still available! So I blocked it again, checked into movie pass and went in. Cashier told me it's been sold out, and I had to explain how it was available 2 minutes ago, and that i may have blocked it on my app. There was a minute of awkwardness while we both waited for fandango to kick me out again. To break the tension, i kept mumbling out loud all the iphone clicks i was doing to check my apps. And there it was, again available. The moment I told her, she quickly checked me into that last available seat. 

Reminded me of the times when one of us used to go out earlier to buy one of the khan's movie tickets beforehand back home in the 90s. Made it all that sweet. 

When I later told my daughter about my victory, she said, 'Well you got the one seat because most people like to have company in movies'. And I said, 'well you never know, there are many weirdos out there who watch movies alone'. Then there was a second of awkwardness between us, and I broke the tension by adding, '...like me'. Then she tried to remind me of the gas i wasted in driving two times (and there were two big detours on the way), and wondered if it really was that cost effective. Ya I guess, saving 5 dollars got to mean something! And the fact that this movie has really odd timings so I couldn't have been able to watch it for another week!

Back to top Go down

all for a free movie Empty Re: all for a free movie

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Which movie? Was it worth the trouble?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Idéfix wrote:Which movie? Was it worth the trouble?

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Totally worth it!

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:went to the theatre to see a movie y'day, it was sold out. So decided i will watch it today and go 'a little early'. 

Today morning, 4 hours before the show, I casually checked on fandango how many seats are sold out for the show, and only one was left  What a Face (I mean if you discount the two front row seats, at each end). So I blocked the seat on fandango and rushed to the theatre. When I was about 3-4 minutes away from the theatre, checked again at a stop. Fandango had kicked me out of the transaction by now, but the seat was still available! So I blocked it again, checked into movie pass and went in. Cashier told me it's been sold out, and I had to explain how it was available 2 minutes ago, and that i may have blocked it on my app. There was a minute of awkwardness while we both waited for fandango to kick me out again. To break the tension, i kept mumbling out loud all the iphone clicks i was doing to check my apps. And there it was, again available. The moment I told her, she quickly checked me into that last available seat. 

Reminded me of the times when one of us used to go out earlier to buy one of the khan's movie tickets beforehand back home in the 90s. Made it all that sweet. 

When I later told my daughter about my victory, she said, 'Well you got the one seat because most people like to have company in movies'. And I said, 'well you never know, there are many weirdos out there who watch movies alone'. Then there was a second of awkwardness between us, and I broke the tension by adding, '...like me'. Then she tried to remind me of the gas i wasted in driving two times (and there were two big detours on the way), and wondered if it really was that cost effective. Ya I guess, saving 5 dollars got to mean something! And the fact that this movie has really odd timings so I couldn't have been able to watch it for another week!

Did you check your mail.. You have been served a $200 ticket from Leonia county

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:32 pm

interesting. i hate George Washington bridge. avoid it as much as i can

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down