Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons."

5 posters

Go down

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." Empty “I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons."

Post by Idéfix Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:40 pm

As someone whose name I can't recall right now said, it is difficult to get a man to understand something when his income depends on his not understanding it. For years now, the careers of Republican politicians have depended on them not understanding what the phrase "well-regulated" means. Perhaps that will change a little if more donors join this guy...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/us/prominent-republican-donor-issues-ultimatum-on-assault-weapons.html
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." Empty Re: “I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons."

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm

A start.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." Empty Re: “I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons."

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:59 pm

I'm afraid there will be a little change, if any, in our lifetime(s).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:I'm afraid there will be a little change, if any, in our lifetime(s).

I am cautiously optimistic. Reason -- a lot of the people who are angry will be voting for the first time in 2018 and 2020. Knowing this demographic well, our job is to keep reminding them not to forget and organize politically in schools and college campuses. They tend to be passionate but their passion is often short lived. The really sad thing is what will not let them forget -- the ever looming possibility that there will be another one somewhere else.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:07 am

Have your sent your thoughts and prayers check to your friendly neighborhood GOP congressman/senator's reelection campaign yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-mails-apos-thoughts-prayers-203406793.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Maybe this time around the politicians will respond differently because (Parkland FL demographic details from Wiki):

According to a 2008 estimate, the median income for a household in the city was $277,072, and the estimated median house value was $973,176.[9] Males had a median income of $103,942 versus $81,425 for females. The per capita income for the city was $41,896. About 2.0% of families and .4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.2% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.

This is not the BLM movement. 
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 pm

More states will let school personnel/teachers carry guns to schools, that has been the trend since Sandy Hook incident and I don't expect that to change.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Immigrant math teacher from a shithole country saves kids entrusted to her:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/second-alarm-spurred-hero-teacher-into-action-during-florida-shooting/

I'm guessing she's not from Norway.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 am

Found elsewhere:

"Our young people will be voting for 50 years after watching the Republican-conservative electoral coalition be branded with backwardness, intolerance, ignorance, and corruption.

Meanwhile, the cranky, old right-wingers perform a civic service every day, one recounted in obituaries, taking their stale thinking to the grave, to be replaced by an electorate that becomes less rural, less backward, less religious, less white, and less intolerant just about every day.

This couldn't happen to a nicer group of goobers."
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Found elsewhere:

"Our young people will be voting for 50 years after watching the Republican-conservative electoral coalition be branded with backwardness, intolerance, ignorance, and corruption.
"
Why young people? If current generation is not already seeing the backwardness then there is something seriously wrong with America. There isn't much difference between a mullah who wants women to wear veil against their will and a republican pastor who wants women to have a baby against their will or a republican who wants to select a supreme curt judge based on his biblical knowledge/beliefs over his constitutional acumen vs a mullah who likes to issue fatwa. There is very little, if any, that separates them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-explains-why-nearly-shot-174723529.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Love these brave and passionate kids:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/us/gun-control-florida-shooting.html?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm

#fakekids One of them appears to be a frequent TV star witness. Coincidence? Yeah right...

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." 1s0ffwh95ch01

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

#fakekids And this kid seems to be another TV #fakenews network star?

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." VwM-XIQ8D963cyU1vxO7NTCgUExD7b5VC4n0NcHS2lo

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

SomeProfile wrote:#fakekids One of them appears to be a frequent TV star witness. Coincidence? Yeah right...

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." 1s0ffwh95ch01

FU and Up Yours! We'll take you more seriously after you've survived a crazed shooter with a semi-automatic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm

#fakekids TFW when you see 17 of your fellow students get murdered and you become famous for it. All smiles. Passionate and enraged smiles!

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." CSM2nXgYe-6c92c8G1J7AtKG-4vliiKdBrxf38YLiQ4

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:#fakekids One of them appears to be a frequent TV star witness. Coincidence? Yeah right...

FU and Up Yours!  We'll take you more seriously after you've survived a crazed shooter with a semi-automatic.

Triggered LIBTARD is triggered!  rofl

Professional FBI guy's son is professional TV witness. Surprise surprise!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm

#fakekids Rehearsing the lines like a true TV star.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 pm

#fakekids All the star witness kids in the SAME pic taken BEFORE Feb 17th!

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." NAjfXcEI4QagTHjy23ItpcDx2gljQ8_iwZzv24HdXD0

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm

sure.. sandy hook was a hoax, FL shooting was a hoax, I will say any damn thing just so i could keep my toy... 

most of these assholes sound like that alcoholic father who will argue that the kids don't need milk and eggs just so that he could keep buying his beer and cigarettes during a financial crunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:54 pm

SomeProfile, you can always be counted on to copy-paste the worst elements of American society. But what is your theory of what happened at these kids' school? Are you jealous of these kids because they became "famous?" Are you upset that they are still able to smile? Are they "fake kids" just because you don't like what they are saying?

A normal human being ought to be ashamed of himself for posting the crap you have posted. I don't expect you to be ashamed.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Marco Rubio is on to something here:

Claiming some of the students on tv after #Parkland are actors is the work of a disgusting group of idiots with no sense of decency.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 pm

#fakekids with strange connections

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." 42volu0rkfh01

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:20 pm

NRA and the Republicans are so bad! Amirite guys?

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." OsdKp4xDp9Xx67DwcMnKY2d5fpNFiB_9ENoX8tXg5SU

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 pm

SomeProfile wrote:NRA and the Republicans are so bad!
Yes, they are. They are supported by a disgusting group of idiots with no sense of decency, who have made it a habit of making outlandish shit up that idiots like you buy. This group will gladly accept the deaths of thousands of Americas if that makes liberals sad; they will gladly have Trump take a dump in their own mouths if that smell causes discomfort to their liberal neighbors.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm

At least one member of this disgusting group of idiots with no sense of decency has been fired from his job for posting this nonsense, and his boss, a Florida Republican lawmaker, has apologized for the pain this has caused to grieving families.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/20/florida-shooting-conspiracy-theory-actors-benjamin-kelly-shawn-harrison
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am

#fakekids That's it guys!

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons." JJhnE0J09nrwBlImGqWSC2gpvNTrHVz9ukhMpMIFPoY

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 am

haha won't be that funny anymore, coz most of them are at the age to vote!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:haha won't be that funny anymore, coz most of them are at the age to vote!

My thoughts exactly.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 pm

One Fox News host about the conspiracy theories... start at 4:45 or click this link

At least one decent person spotted at Fox News!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Do the townhall discussion give you guys any confidence on gun reforms? It didn't to me. Nothing will change.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Whether anything happens now depends on how students around the country react. Will teenagers around the country start protesting in solidarity with the Stoneman Douglas students? If they do, Congress will be compelled to do something big on symbolism and small on substance. If they don't, this will peter out just like the aftermath of Sandy Hook.

The only way real, substantive change will come is if people go out and vote differently. Protests work if and only if lawmakers are convinced that the protests will translate into votes; votes work. The problem is that gun rights people care passionately about this issue and will show up to vote. Gun control people need to start showing up and voting consistently; if they do, things will change.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 am

The sheriff who was on the townhall as a foil to the NRA witch said it best -- it's futile to reason with the NRA. If you want change vote for the candidates who agree with your positions.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

David Hogg, 17, went from Florida high school student to mass shooting survivor to telegenic advocate for gun-control laws in a few days. And just as quickly, online conspiracy theorists began spinning viral lies attacking the teenager’s credibility.
“It’s annoying. I hate it. But it’s part of American democracy,” Hogg said in a phone interview. “Am I an actor? No. Am I a witness? Yes.”

The falsehoods about Parkland students come even after the technology giants have tried to tamp down disinformation campaigns by hiring thousands of moderators, changing the algorithms that surface information and enacting stricter policies. The Parkland flare-up underscores how efforts to quell the spread of such online conspiracies remain incomplete on platforms that derive profits by attracting eyeballs en masse.

The incident has also highlighted how nobody — even a group of teens just days removed from seeing their fellow students gunned down — is off limits in the no-holds-barred world of online commentary, with its often-toxic mix of rumor, innuendo and unrefuted accusation.

The president’s son Donald Trump Jr. was among the many people who “liked” a tweet criticizing Hogg.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/how-a-survivor-of-the-florida-school-shooting-became-the-victim-of-an-online-conspiracy/2018/02/21/d54083a0-172e-11e8-b681-2d4d462a1921_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-technology%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.03a1af84ac8d

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

"Every time you see a horrific crime, people in the media and Democratic politicians immediately try to leap on it to advance their agenda, and their agenda is stripping Second Amendment rights from law-abiding citizens," Cruz said, adding that confiscating guns is "where they want to end up."

"I think it makes perfect sense that if teachers want to exercise their right to keep and bear arms, it will only make schools safer," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/politics/ted-cruz-cpac-trump/index.html
business as usual; it's been a week isn't it? all will be forgotten and forgiven in another week.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Defying the NRA, Florida legislature passes new gun restrictions. Thanks for reminding me of this thread Hellsu!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/florida-legislature-backs-new-gun-restrictions-after-parkland-school-shooting/2018/03/07/f97057ea-2229-11e8-badd-7c9f29a55815_story.html?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Defying the NRA, Florida legislature passes new gun restrictions. Thanks for reminding me of this thread Hellsu!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/florida-legislature-backs-new-gun-restrictions-after-parkland-school-shooting/2018/03/07/f97057ea-2229-11e8-badd-7c9f29a55815_story.html?
I'm glad to see you're happy about the move towards arming teachers, Il Professore.

PS: Also I'm glad that you're happy that the sale of so-called assault weapons is not banned.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down