Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prenup

Go down

Prenup Empty Prenup

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 am

An advice that son has been getting lately, ‘Don’t you ever think of getting married without a prenup. It’s very very important to have one.’ That very thought makes me uncomfortable. It seeks like you’re starting off the sacred union with a mistrust. It’s like saying, ‘I don’t trust that you’re going to be by my side through thick or thin and you could leave me any time and when you do that, I am afraid that you’re going to milk me till my last dollar and make my life miserable. So I need to protect myself from you.’ Jeez!! That takes the whole romance and high of getting married. I just can’t wrap my head around it. It seems so negative. 

But again, when I look at it practically, that could happen. Gone are the days when women would stay in a marriage no matter what. Divorces are on the rise and in some cases, men seem to be the bakras/scapegoats. I don’t want my son in that position and have his life ruined. Prenup is like an insurance to protect him from that. 

I don’t know! There’s still time to worry about that though. For now, my advise to him is, ‘Beware of Gold diggers’.

Back to top Go down

Prenup Empty Re: Prenup

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 am

Typo: ‘Advice’, not ‘advise’ in the last sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 am

For now, my advise to him is, ‘Beware of Gold diggers’.

>>> He probably replied, "Don't worry."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum