Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my first bff

Go down

my first bff  Empty my first bff

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

not technically a bff. Our friendship didn't last, but it was legendary. 

i often think about her, and probably have ten dozen memories with her, and so will use to jot on this thread as i go down the memory lane. Only the fun or positive ones. Don't mean to chronologize the whole friendship 

We were in same section since pre-k, but weren't really friends. Honestly, i don't even remember now who were my friends in pre-k, k, or 1st grade until i knew her. I don't think we had a concept of 'best friend' until that age. We were always playing in a group, and I didn't meet any of them outside of school until then, except maybe a couple of them on sunday movie nights in the village. I had my own home-side friends (that's another novel).

All that changed one morning...

Back to top Go down

my first bff  Empty Re: my first bff

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:57 pm

I used to go to school by tonga. My house was less than a mile away from the school.

One day in first grade, in the first period, my loud tangewaala walked in with her. I tried to hide behind a girl the moment I saw him, but he had already seen me. He pointed at me and told the teacher that he's my tangewaala. He used to call me by my pet name, and even THAT he didn't say right, which made me a subject of ridicule my whole school life. The teacher was so confused. It was rare that someone would walk straight into the class. But our school campus was open, and our class was across a small courtyard, so the bff must have brought him straight there, and maybe asked him to come in so that he could plead the teacher to not mark her as late or absent. 

I had to stand up to tell the teacher that it's me he's talking about. Once the teacher developed trust in him, he said he ran into bff and her mother running up to school coz her tangewaala never showed up, and so he offered to bring her to school. He also announced to us that henceforth he will be shuttling her daily, and instructed me to make sure I bring her with me in the afternoon. 

A girl had just left our class around the same time, and she used to sit infront of me. The teacher was so taken in by the spiritedness of my tangewaala, that she placed bff next to me, who looked very scared for some reason. 

And thus a friendship of years was formed. And I was soon to discover that she was the opposite of fearful in every sense of the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:56 am

Ah! Tonga reminds of me of my college days. That used to be the preferred mode of transportation to our movie or bar trips to downtown, at least for the first year or two, mostly because of economics. used to be a lot of fun though.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum