Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From unfit to fit, from unsuited to suited

Go down

From unfit to fit, from unsuited to suited Empty From unfit to fit, from unsuited to suited

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:12 am

In the past, whenever administratively things turned out unexpectedly in the country, there would be a general feeling that India probably was not fit for and suited to democracy. But that fortunately does not seem to be the case any longer.  

After a huge success achieved from Swachh Bharat and a number of other new initiatives in the past few years under the current national Govt., it recently has also launched the important programs NRC (National Register of Citizens) and CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act).  

As the population of India in last seventy two years since Independence in 1947 has quadrupled (become fourfold) from 33 crore (330 million) in 1947 to 140 crore (1400 million or 1.4 billion) now (end of 2019) due to the number of people added through births locally and the influx of refugees and migrants legally and illegally from the neighboring countries, the Govt. is now implementing NRC to create a national record on citizens to ensure better planning and management of Indian population and resources.

The Govt. also wants to use CAA for refugees and migrants in India from the neighboring countries to put them under different categories and process them separately, either as the persecuted religious minority refugees from the neighboring countries seeking shelter in India to escape religious persecution at home or as the religious majority people from the neighboring countries moving to India for better economic opportunities.

There is little in NRC and CAA for concern to India’s religious minority citizens (namely Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis etc.) who have prospered and done well throughout and comprise now (in 2020) about 20% of total population in India (with the rest 80% as Hindus) after starting similarly (20% minorities and 80% Hindus) at India’s Independence in 1947, which incidentally compares favorably relative to the religious minorities (Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Christians etc.) in other parts of the Subcontinent, namely  Pakistan and Bangladesh, where the religious minority population is down now (in 2020) to about 4% non-Muslim minorities (with 96% Muslims) in Pakistan (formerly West Pakistan) and 10% non-Muslim minorities (with 90% Muslims) in Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) after starting in 1947 (at the time of British India’s partition to carve out new East and West Pakistan) at nearly 20% non-Muslim minorities (with 80% Muslims) in Pakistan (East & West).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6573
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

From unfit to fit, from unsuited to suited Empty Re: From unfit to fit, from unsuited to suited

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am


National identity card (Bangladesh)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6573
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum