Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black

3 posters

Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black Empty Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:00 pm

In the 19th century came the novel ''The woman in white '' and in the twenty first century comes the movie '' The woman in black '' , and predictibly its a horror movie---horror movies being the favoured flavour of the 21st century as much as suspense novels were of the 19th......

But as if in tribute to '' The woman in white '' , there is a considerable amount of suspense mixed with the horror too......

And to lift the lid off the suspense comes the hero---Daniel Radcliffe---from London to a small English village , as a representative of a law firm sent to handle the sale of a remote house situated in a marsh .

His sheer presence in the village is unwelcome to the villagers , as he discovers.....and his trip to the remote house is even more unwelcome.....

.......For the house has been struck by tragedy , as he learns , and anyone who goes into the house is liable to encounter a mysterious woman in black there , who brings revenge-laced tragedy in the village anytime anyone sees her.......

Dismissing this stuff as superstition , he goes to the house alone---only to be confronted by the sight of that very woman , and also a series of mysterious happenings......

Now I myself dont believe in ghosts , but I wouldn't dare go to such a remote house alone , and certainly woudn't dare to stay a full night alone there---especially after encountering such dreadful happenings......

But nothing's gonna stop our intrepid hero---after he hears every mysterious sound , he actually follows it ; after he sees a terrifying sight or sees a shadow , he lights a candle and goes after it.......
What would have left us breaking out in cold sweat actually rouses the curiosity of this young man as he searches the whole house going deeper and deeper into the mystery......

.......And as strange happenings and piercing sounds emanate in the ghost ridden house , we are left squirming in our seats cursing the hero for having the chutzpah to wander in such a terror inspiring place and increasing our blood pressure , when if confronted with such a situation we would have taken to our heels at the first opportunity.......

But our hero's daring does pay off---though at terrifying cost as his sighting of the woman in black sets off more tragedies in the village . But he thinks he discovers a way of ending these tragedies as he gets what the woman in black wants for herself......

So does the hero succeed in his self-appointed mission to save the village ?? Go and watch the movie for that---it does give you some real jitters along the way......

But the ending is a tragic and a disappointing one---one is left wondering why the woman in black was not less rentless in her pursuit or revenge than she was , and why she was so cruel.....
Why didnt she have some more womanly qualities ??---That of mercy , that of forgiveness......
Or maybe that was the mistake of the film's director.....

Verdict---inspite of the flaws , its still a good one.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black Empty Re: Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black

Post by chameli Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 pm

This movie is not for me ..I did enjoy ur review .

once again u called it "good " he he
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black Empty Re: Ashdoc's movie review---The woman in black

Post by artood2 Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

This is very funny in the context of another thread.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down