Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H-M synthesis: The meeting of two oceans

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

H-M synthesis: The meeting of two oceans - Page 2 Empty Re: H-M synthesis: The meeting of two oceans

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:23 am

Rashmun posted Re:(Carvaka) Adi Sankaracharya and Manu Smriti on 2 yrs ago
Well, it appears that Adi Sankaracharya's commentary to the Brahma Sutra is now available online (in two parts):

www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe34/index.htm"
target="_blank"
rel="nofollow">http://preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occult.new_age/www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe34/index.htm
(part 1)

www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe38/index.htm"
target="_blank"
rel="nofollow">http://preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occult.new_age/www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe38/index.htm
(part 2)

carvaka posted Re:(Carvaka) Adi Sankaracharya and Manu Smriti on 2 yrs agor
Thank you. I will take a look.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankaracharya-and-manu-smriti-128929.htm

Back to top Go down

H-M synthesis: The meeting of two oceans - Page 2 Empty Re: H-M synthesis: The meeting of two oceans

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:26 am

[Carvaka] started by
Rashmun 4 yrs ago

When the
Vijayanagar kingdom was conquered, an important Vishnu temple was
destroyed by the conquerors while an important Shiva temple was spared.
Why was this done? I wrote about this earlier:

Initially, Virupaksha (considered a form of Shiva) was
the family deity and also the state deity of Vijaynagar.Important state
transactions were formalized in the presence of Virupaksha. Then there
was a period in which Vishnu started becoming important to the
Vijaynagar rulers. A Lord Ram temple was built and Lord Venkateshwara
was ardently patronized during this period, but important state
transactions continued to be formalized in the presence of Virupaksha
during this period. Finally from 1516 to 1565 (1565 being the date for
the battle of Talikota), the vast majority of state transactions were
finalized (witnessed and authenticated) before the Vaisnava God
Vitthala. This seems to be the reason why the Vitthala temple was
destroyed, and the Virupaksha temple spared; the idea being that the
state deity--being a visible representative of the state--had to be
destroyed to crush the morale of the people and force them to accept the
defeat of the state. Destroying the state temple or looting the main
image of the state deity kept in the state temple was standard practice
in dealing with a defeated enemy even in pre-muslim India; the caveat
being that in pre-muslim India, the looting of the state deity seems to
have occured a lot more frequently than the destruction of the entire
state temple.

carvaka posted Re:[Carvaka] on 4 yrs ago
Thanks for the explanation. Considering that
Vijayanagara was looted systematically for a month or so after
Tallikota, it is still remarkable that the Viroopaksha temple did not
get razed to the ground (as the rest of the city was.)

Mottled Dawn -- yes, that was the collection that I read and that is
where I had found Tobatek Singh's story.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/personal/carvaka-275896.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:51 am

Two other posts removed from here--after Huzefa Kapasi rightly pointed out my error-- since Charvaka had used his real name when writing them. In one of them Charvaka uses the following words:

'I have a question....'

Then upon hearing my response, he uses the following words:

'Wow.....Thanks...'

The other was an extract from his blog which he has written under his real name and in which he gives a direct quote of yours truly--words i had written in a CH post.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 am

Thank you for posting those examples of me PRAISING you. Now that I am back to PRAISING you and commending you on your overall awesomeness, I hope we can put all this silliness behind us. Please note that I shall be praising you from time to time going forward.

Last edited by charvaka on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 am

What are the two oceans here? Rashmun and C?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:01 am

charvaka wrote:Thank you for posting those examples of me PRAISING you. Now that I am back to PRAISING you and commending you on your overall awesomeness, I hope we can put all this silliness behind us. Please note that I shall be praising you from time to time going forward.

since i have no respect for you now, moving forward your praise means nothing to me. but i will keep bringing up your praise for my past posts from time to time (i find it hilarious that you quoted me from one of my CH posts in your sulekha blog) to show to you and also to others your fickle temperament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:45 am

charvaka wrote:Thank you for posting those examples of me PRAISING you. Now that I am back to PRAISING you and commending you on your overall awesomeness, I hope we can put all this silliness behind us. Please note that I shall be praising you from time to time going forward.

I am somewhat disappointed that the Maulana did not acknowledge my praising him almost daily. But, I will continue to recognize his originality and "coining" ability at every opportunity. His cut/vomit (please note that this is another act that is pioneered by the Maulana) daily series on Akbar is unparalleled, and even Akbar will be turning in his grave.

Salam to Maulana Al-Jehadi Akbari.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 am

Only from time to time? His self esteem ( or rather lack of) begs constant praise.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

ps: I dont have any comment. just lol

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I am somewhat disappointed that the Maulana did not acknowledge my praising him almost daily. But, I will continue to recognize his originality and "coining" ability at every opportunity. His cut/vomit (please note that this is another act that is pioneered by the Maulana) daily series on Akbar is unparalleled, and even Akbar will be turning in his grave.

Salam to Maulana Al-Jehadi Akbari.

Thanks to Uppili for recognizing my originality and coining ability. Thanks to Uppili for repeatedly calling me a brahmin in his very own peculiar way. For the Uppilian way of calling someone a brahmin, see here:
https://such.forumotion.com/t4139-overheard-on-chaikaapi-chat-merlot-and-uppili

Regarding the cut and paste Akbar posts, the style was actually used very often by Uppili in his Morning Coffee posts. In these posts, he would go searching for some philosophical scraps and then cut and paste them on Sulekha CH without any acknowledgement whatsoever and with a clear intent to make it appear as if these posts were written by him. He even generated a fan club with many posters praising him for these philosophical posts. This continued for years until someone gave a link to the original article from where Uppili had done his cut and paste in a reply to one of these Morning Coffee posts. The Morning Coffee posts abruptly came to an end after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2