Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women

4 posters

Go down

women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women Empty women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

interesting chart on attitudes of women in certain parts of the world - india does figure prominently.

percentage of women aged 15–49 who think that a husband/partner is justified in hitting or beating his wife/partner under certain circumstances:

http://www.childinfo.org/attitudes_data.php

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women Empty Re: women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I was looking for the total int he first field, if the numbers have a *thousands* attached to it. But didn't see any.

I don't know how all this work. They can really make a report by asking 100 or so women? even 5 in one country?

Back to top Go down

women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women Empty Re: women's attitudes towards domestic violence directed at women

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm

dunno...I wonder why they didnt ask ppl in the so called civilized world i.e. inhabited by whites..maybe in the first world you cant cold call someone and say how do you feel abt being hit by your man?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Wanted to delete my earlier post. I think ALL columns are given in percent. They should still specify how many people were questioned though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Some associated stats for India:

http://ncrb.nic.in/CII2010/cii-2010/Table%205.2.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I was looking for the total int he first field, if the numbers have a *thousands* attached to it. But didn't see any.

I don't know how all this work. They can really make a report by asking 100 or so women? even 5 in one country?

Yes if it is Afghanistan or Saudi.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:I was looking for the total int he first field, if the numbers have a *thousands* attached to it. But didn't see any.

Wanted to delete my earlier post. I think ALL columns are given in percent. They should still specify how many people were questioned though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:52 pm

I think the stats in muslim countries would be skewed. if you ask all four women in the household, ofcourse they all want the man to beat up the other 3. heavily skewage going on there if you ask me.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I think the stats in muslim countries would be skewed. if you ask all four women in the household, ofcourse they all want the man to beat up the other 3. heavily skewage going on there if you ask me.

the best statistician on this forum is Luke Warmus. I would suggest that you direct your statistical questions and doubts related to skewing etc. to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm

They do have these questions added to other surveys in the US which measure social attitudes.

*However, just like sex surveys the answers are NOT reliable for various reasons- example are: wanting to give the "right answer", being in denial, may measure their own situations differently than when it happens to "other people" etc.

You may have seen the Twitter and Facebook messages by hundreds of civilized world young women after the recent performance by Chris Brown at the Grammys pretty much saying "He looks so fine, he can beat me anytime"..which was a little shocking to me..you also know that famous criminals, even serial killers have many women fans..who send love letters, gifts, even marry them..all in the civilized world too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:04 pm

thank you maria. these are very interesting women indeed, as all woman/en usually/mostly are.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/opinion/sexual-violence-and-the-military.html?_r=1&hp
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Ok then, this is what I get from you, for giving a sincere answer, thank you!

Please don't echo this a thousand times, thank you.

Well, just took a day off and planned to do some stuff today..changed my mind and thought I'll spend some time here...think, I need to get on with it..did I say thank you? Thank you:) .
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Maria S wrote:Ok then, this is what I get from you, for giving a sincere answer, thank you!

Please don't echo this a thousand times, thank you.

Well, just took a day off and planned to do some stuff today..changed my mind and thought I'll spend some time here...think, I need to get on with it..did I say thank you? Thank you:) .

world is tough enough without us getting all serious..how will it help all these ppl getting beatup daily by us being all serious on a synthesis forum?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down