Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam

4 posters

Go down

OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam  Empty OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam

Post by Impedimenta Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 pm

searching for a rendition of bhavayami gopalabalam which is the most conducive to BN, i stumbled upon two versions, one by OS arun which had a leading slokam [rasa leela based] and one more amazing rendition by vijayalakshmi subramaniam with another slokam. Vijayalakshmy started off her song with raagam sindhu bhairavi and the transition into yamuna kalyani was just phenomenal. I cannot find the song anywhere on the internet[i have the CD]

This one by OS arun does not have the slokam in the beginning but has its own charm. this is the missing piece in my recital and hoping to close out the list of songs by the evening. keeping my fingers crossed. please wish me luck:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam  Empty Re: OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Impedimenta wrote:searching for a rendition of bhavayami gopalabalam which is the most conducive to BN, i stumbled upon two versions, one by OS arun which had a leading slokam [rasa leela based] and one more amazing rendition by vijayalakshmi subramaniam with another slokam. Vijayalakshmy started off her song with raagam sindhu bhairavi and the transition into yamuna kalyani was just phenomenal. I cannot find the song anywhere on the internet[i have the CD]

This one by OS arun does not have the slokam in the beginning but has its own charm. this is the missing piece in my recital and hoping to close out the list of songs by the evening. keeping my fingers crossed. please wish me luck:-)

Good luck to you. You will do great.

Is OS Arun related to OS Thyagarajan ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam  Empty Re: OS Arun and vijayalakshmi subramaniam

Post by hr Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 am

Hello all,

I am Dr. Smt. Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam's disciple , and I just joined this forum Smile . Smt. Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam's rendition of Bhavayami is available in the album Gurukripa Geethanjali . There is also a version available in her website under the downloads section --- am unable to paste the link here, for some reason .

Enjoy listening Smile .
Best Regards

hr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 am

hr wrote:Hello all,

I am Dr. Smt. Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam's disciple , and I just joined this forum Smile . Smt. Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam's rendition of Bhavayami is available in the album Gurukripa Geethanjali . There is also a version available in her website under the downloads section --- am unable to paste the link here, for some reason .

Enjoy listening Smile .
Best Regards

>>>Thanks but Human Resources shouldn't be involved in marketing. It just messes up thngs. Just sayin' Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by hr Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:42 am

Someone had asked earlier in this thread if an online rendition of the song is available -and I thought this info would be useful Smile ... I am neither Human Resources, nor do I market Smile .

hr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:59 am

dear hr,

welcome to such. hope you enjoy our improved features and hope you have a fun time interacting here. there are a lot of members here who share your interests.

with warm regards,
team such

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am

hr wrote:Hello all,

Enjoy listening Smile .
Best Regards

sir/madam,
is she aware of the situation you describe above? just checking.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down