Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuvi's emotional interview

5 posters

Go down

Yuvi's emotional interview Empty Yuvi's emotional interview

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 pm

It struck a chord. This man was the man of the tournament during the WC 2011. Has difficulities breathing during matches, coughs up blood. His four against Shaun Tait is still so vivid. Glad to see him recover from this and present a positive side. Hope he recovers soon and plays cricket. IPL or India or whatever. He will be happy to step back into a cricket ground.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Yuvi's emotional interview Empty Re: Yuvi's emotional interview

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Doofus Anna Vazhga!

DMAFC Vazhga!!

DMFC Vazhga!!!

awwww!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 am

one of the best ODI players must make a re-entry. i am hoping to see him play ODI cricket in a year's time. i mean, screw turdeja, and play yuvraj singh no matter how much out of shape he is.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by scoutfinch Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 am

It makes me wonder about life. Why do some people have it easy, and some so tough?

scoutfinch

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 am

back in '77 there were terrible floods in coastal andhra. my dad went over as part of a volunteer effort organised by the company he was working for and they brought back about 20 kids that were orphaned. those kids were put in schools and housed in quarters at the company's expense and offered low level jobs after graduating from high school, college whatever. three of them died this weekend due to the standard corporate malfeasance/negligence/whatever that happens in desh. now those ppl had rough luck. yuvraj, meh...I could go either way.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:back in '77 there were terrible floods in coastal andhra. my dad went over as part of a volunteer effort organised by the company he was working for and they brought back about 20 kids that were orphaned. those kids were put in schools and housed in quarters at the company's expense and offered low level jobs after graduating from high school, college whatever. three of them died this weekend due to the standard corporate malfeasance/negligence/whatever that happens in desh. now those ppl had rough luck. yuvraj, meh...I could go either way.

what can one do? Unfortunately Yuvi was born in a rich family and enjoyed lots of success before he had cancer. Otherwise he would have been worthy of everyone's sympathy or good wishes.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 am

by same token, if he werent rich and successful, his misfortune wouldnt have the exposure it currently does. all things said and done, he can now transition into noncricketing life without the ignomy suffered by the likes of tendulkar and parlay his worldcup exploits into good money for rest of his life if he's smart.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:back in '77 there were terrible floods in coastal andhra. my dad went over as part of a volunteer effort organised by the company he was working for and they brought back about 20 kids that were orphaned. those kids were put in schools and housed in quarters at the company's expense and offered low level jobs after graduating from high school, college whatever. three of them died this weekend due to the standard corporate malfeasance/negligence/whatever that happens in desh. now those ppl had rough luck. yuvraj, meh...I could go either way.

what can one do? Unfortunately Yuvi was born in a rich family and enjoyed lots of success before he had cancer. Otherwise he would have been worthy of everyone's sympathy or good wishes.

reminds me of govinda's interview. when his daughter died, he was carrying her back somewhere. on one traffic signal, this begger mom came with a baby in her lap, and began asking for money. then she saw him holding a dead body, and stepped back in fear, clutching her little baby. He says at that moment, he felt much poorer than that begger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

Another Brick wrote:one of the best ODI players must make a re-entry. i am hoping to see him play ODI cricket in a year's time. i mean, screw turdeja, and play yuvraj singh no matter how much out of shape he is.

I was surprised how he feels so confident of getting a spot in the team. But hey, whatever drives him to get better soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by scoutfinch Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Agree that there are ppl that have faced far more adversity than Yuvraj with far less resources, but unhappy childhood + volatile career + cancer at age 30 is not the best combo to have. In any case, my comment was about life in general, and about folks in our own little worlds. Some have it easy, and some don't, not till the end.

scoutfinch

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Another Brick wrote:one of the best ODI players must make a re-entry. i am hoping to see him play ODI cricket in a year's time. i mean, screw turdeja, and play yuvraj singh no matter how much out of shape he is.

I was surprised how he feels so confident of getting a spot in the team. But hey, whatever drives him to get better soon.

actually, india has been struggling to find an all-rounder. that POS yusuf pathan and another useless player ravindra turdeja are not good enough. if yuvraj singh if fit (regardless of his form), he will walk into the ODI team without any problems. and he should. he is better than the other two by a margin.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down