Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

three three mojitos

4 posters

Go down

three three mojitos Empty three three mojitos

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm

liked first, ordered second, asked for the check, bartender thought third round... so anyway, three mojitos... 3 jalapeno poppers. That was my dinner, and probably 5 glasses of watter...

woke up with migraine, hunger and nausea. was not able to decided which one of the three was worse. Anything I ate the rest of the day caused more nausea. Am in general sleepy and dull all day today.

why do people drink?

argh.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

three three mojitos Empty Re: three three mojitos

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello, it is 4:48 pm.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:liked first, ordered second, asked for the check, bartender thought third round... so anyway, three mojitos... 3 jalapeno poppers. That was my dinner, and probably 5 glasses of watter...

woke up with migraine, hunger and nausea. was not able to decided which one of the three was worse. Anything I ate the rest of the day caused more nausea. Am in general sleepy and dull all day today.

why do people drink?

argh.

you got hungover from 3 mojitos.. WTF
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 pm

charvaka wrote:Hello, it is 4:48 pm.

I slept at 11:30 pm.. was woken up with ym's at 12:30 am... replied and crashed again. Didn't even read the replies....

Woke up at 4:30 am coz the iPhone binged some FB message from a friend from desh. Also saw, 'you there, you there' on ym. That's when the headache began... tried to fight the hunger/headache/nausea till 5:30... finally had tea with a mini croissant and motrin.

did nap for half an hour... but still, not good. And whatever I eat, not a happy feeling. Even small tasks like putting groceries in the fridge, etc, and dishes seem like a mountaineous like chore. And have to take son to baseball game now... sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:03 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:liked first, ordered second, asked for the check, bartender thought third round... so anyway, three mojitos... 3 jalapeno poppers. That was my dinner, and probably 5 glasses of watter...

why do people drink?

argh.

you got hungover from 3 mojitos.. WTF

I know! I am pathetic. I didn't get drunk, btw. Was just a solid buzz. And it was more of a headache+hunger combo, than a hangover. I do get these headaches from drinking even half a glass of wine. Maybe rum does it to me too. Will stick to vodka from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I know! I am pathetic. I didn't get drunk, btw. Was just a solid buzz. And it was more of a headache+hunger combo, than a hangover. I do get these headaches from drinking even half a glass of wine. Maybe rum does it to me too. Will stick to vodka from now on.
The question is, did you drink enough water last night before going to bed? That usually takes care of hangover issues for me when I drink more than usual.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:I know! I am pathetic. I didn't get drunk, btw. Was just a solid buzz. And it was more of a headache+hunger combo, than a hangover. I do get these headaches from drinking even half a glass of wine. Maybe rum does it to me too. Will stick to vodka from now on.
The question is, did you drink enough water last night before going to bed? That usually takes care of hangover issues for me when I drink more than usual.

yeah, about 5 glasses. I don't think I have ever had a typical hangover. But still, I am kinda sluggish all day today. The issue with cocktails is, it varies so much from bartender to bartender. Some make it so potent that one drink buzzed you out. While with others, you can chug down 4-5 of them, and nothing. This is a bar that I frequent often, and they keep a solid punch in all the drinks. Guess that's why I go that, and guess I have still not learned.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:

yeah, about 5 glasses. I don't think I have ever had a typical hangover. But still, I am kinda sluggish all day today. The issue with cocktails is, it varies so much from bartender to bartender. Some make it so potent that one drink buzzed you out. While with others, you can chug down 4-5 of them, and nothing. This is a bar that I frequent often, and they keep a solid punch in all the drinks. Guess that's why I go that, and guess I have still not learned.
There are different takes on alcohol out there.

Here's what the Encyclopedia Galactica has to say about alcohol. It says that alcohol is a colorless volatile liquid formed by the fermentation of sugars and also notes its intoxicating effect on certain carbon-based life forms.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Sorry, but I don't know what the Nizam's take is.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:Hello, it is 4:48 pm.

I slept at 11:30 pm.. was woken up with ym's at 12:30 am... replied and crashed again. Didn't even read the replies....

Woke up at 4:30 am coz the iPhone binged some FB message from a friend from desh. Also saw, 'you there, you there' on ym. That's when the headache began... tried to fight the hunger/headache/nausea till 5:30... finally had tea with a mini croissant and motrin.

did nap for half an hour... but still, not good. And whatever I eat, not a happy feeling. Even small tasks like putting groceries in the fridge, etc, and dishes seem like a mountaineous like chore. And have to take son to baseball game now... sigh.

Don't know what to say, expect to *Sigh!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:...3 jalapeno poppers. That was my dinner, and probably 5 glasses of watter...
woke up with migraine, hunger and nausea....argh.

Cause. And effect. Moral: Eat well, suffer less.

Tracy Whitney wrote:why do people drink?

To get you drunk so they gain access (Source: Breasty Beauty)
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 am

you know, you should have started your day with a shot of vodka or white rum. that actually helps cure a very bad hangover. loha lohe ko kaaTta hai sort of deal.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum