Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jagan Reddy arrested

+2
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Jagan Reddy arrested Empty Jagan Reddy arrested

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 27, 2012 12:13 pm

There we go again. Another high drama. He will be released on bail after a few months only to become a popular "Leader". Actual conviction of a politician in India has the same chances as winning a jackpot in the US.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Jagan Reddy arrested Empty Re: Jagan Reddy arrested

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 pm

This time might be different...hope this asshole gets what he deserves

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:This time might be different...hope this asshole gets what he deserves

Unless, a system similar to "military court" is established with few exceptions all corrupt politicians will escape conviction. The current judicial system is full of loopholes and delaying tips for the influential. It works only in the case of common criminals who cannot afford to use these legal loopholes.

It was a shame that live criminals like Kani Mozhi and Raja were given a royal welcome on getting their bails - as though they accomplished something or released after serving a jail sentence.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Uppili,

I agree with you on Jagan's arrest.

The only unfortunate politician in India is Bangaru Laxman who happens to be a scheduled caste leader. While he deserves no legal reprieve based on his actions but he is the only senior level politician that was actually convicted in a court. From Antulay in 1980 to Lalu in 1990s to deshmukh in 2000s all known corrupt souls. But all of them are roaming around with the system never touching them. Antulay who was caught redhanded was in trouble for few years but he wiggled out of it over the long period.

Jayalalitha, yeddu etc will also never see justice done. First Congress does not have the will to implement the law except in cases where it suits their political interests. Even if Sonia is hell bent on getting Jagan because of Ambani complaint, it is still very difficult to get a conviction in a case like this.

IF Jagan is locked up and his political fortunes come crashing down, world will be a better place. AP should be forever grateful to whoever gets that done.

But the gullible AP masses may hand Jagan an electoral victory in the bye elections. This is where the real problem lies. The electorate. Rest of the drama can change every two years.

Jagan with his money is safe. He will wait for his time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 27, 2012 3:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0dS7DBcyOg

This jagan affair reminded me of a old famous urdu stage show 'Adrak ke Punje'. Babban khan staged this show a record number of times. Show is about middle class problems.

The above link takes you to the Audio. It is in hyderabadi urdu.

A scene from the show:

The main character is a clerk in an office and he comes from office.hildren make lot of noise welcoming home. He gets irritated. His wife explains to him children are happy that he is home. Why is he so upset?

His response: " Is me khush honi ke bath kya hai? office se aa raha hoon. mi koye jail se aa raha hoon kya?"

"What is there to happy about? I am coming back from office. Am I coming from some Jail?"

Raja, Kani mozi and Jagan incidents show after 50 years of this show, this dialogue still captures Indian situation.

Just tune in for some hyderabadi fun.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 28, 2012 3:51 pm

The more I read about this and think about this, have a feeling this might turn to be a huge blunder by Sonia. With reports coming in, people will look at this as a political arrest. This will galvanize his political support, thus letting the people forget about his wholesale corruption and wealth - about which most people were convinced till now.

With petrol/Diesel shortage in TN and lines running into miles, transportation costs going up this has disaster written all over (Of course, gas station guys simply saving their stock for a bigger profit later on).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:The more I read about this and think about this, have a feeling this might turn to be a huge blunder by Sonia. With reports coming in, people will look at this as a political arrest. This will galvanize his political support, thus letting the people forget about his wholesale corruption and wealth - about which most people were convinced till now.

With petrol/Diesel shortage in TN and lines running into miles, transportation costs going up this has disaster written all over (Of course, gas station guys simply saving their stock for a bigger profit later on).

I too think it is a big blunder of Sonia. Congress could lose in the next elections, both at the state and central levels. While I am happy that that will diminish the chances of Rahul becoming the PM, the prospect of Jagan becoming the CM of AP worries me. He seems to be garnering huge sympathy from the public coz of his arrest. The arrest is working to his advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:This time might be different...hope this asshole gets what he deserves

Could you provide some background? what are this man's crimes?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 28, 2012 4:56 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

Could you provide some background? what are this man's crimes?

how abt you watch some indian TV or read some telugu news papers once in while. it's good to be informed abt the ppl you make resoundingly final pronouncements on, phlegmy-like

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 pm

"how abt you watch some indian TV or read some telugu news papers once in
while. it's good to be informed abt the ppl you make resoundingly final
pronouncements on, phlegmy-like"

why can't you tell me? you seem to know something about telugu politics, you have an opinion on this guy. i don't have a tv. it's hard to catch on wrt this story cuz so much seems to have happened. also, how tall is he?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 pm

kinnera wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:The more I read about this and think about this, have a feeling this might turn to be a huge blunder by Sonia. With reports coming in, people will look at this as a political arrest. This will galvanize his political support, thus letting the people forget about his wholesale corruption and wealth - about which most people were convinced till now.

I too think it is a big blunder of Sonia. Congress could lose in the next elections, both at the state and central levels. While I am happy that that will diminish the chances of Rahul becoming the PM, the prospect of Jagan becoming the CM of AP worries me. He seems to be garnering huge sympathy from the public coz of his arrest. The arrest is working to his advantage.

If people of AP are sympathetic to him after all the looting and vote him for AP CM in 2014, he certainly deserve to win > AP people certainly deserve him and what he is about to dish. When private industries like IBM(1990s) , Xerox (1990-2000s)and GM(1975 to 2010) could not see the writing on the wall and change its path till disaster strikes, AP people are no better and they will have to go through the grinder to realize how dangerous it is to elect a leader like Jagan.

If AP people wake earlier and crush Jagan by 2014 elections and put him in his place, then it shows a rare maturity.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:
If people of AP are sympathetic to him after all the looting and vote him for AP CM in 2014, he certainly deserve to win > AP people certainly deserve him and what he is about to dish. When private industries like IBM(1990s) , Xerox (1990-2000s)and GM(1975 to 2010) could not see the writing on the wall and change its path till disaster strikes, AP people are no better and they will have to go through the grinder to realize how dangerous it is to elect a leader like Jagan.

If AP people wake earlier and crush Jagan by 2014 elections and put him in his place, then it shows a rare maturity.

I agree. It is democracy in India. Ppl get what they deserve. Can't blame anyone else. They get who they voted for and everything that they dish out. If AP ppl elect Jagan, that's what they deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 28, 2012 9:20 pm

kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

I agree. It is democracy in India. Ppl get what they deserve. Can't blame anyone else. They get who they voted for and everything that they dish out. If AP ppl elect Jagan, that's what they deserve.

That's quite a BOLD prediction! Why do we NRIs think so high of ourselves and look down at the people see/face things day in and day out.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Confuzzled

The sentiments expressed here were the same expressed in India. If you care you can read or watch local tv. I do not know what part you want to term as bold and why. Can you care to explain.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 28, 2012 9:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:Confuzzled

The sentiments expressed here were the same expressed in India. If you care you can read or watch local tv. I do not know what part you want to term as bold and why. Can you care to explain.

sentiments expressed by who? a section that supports a party desperate to come back to power. The statement "what he is about to dish" is what termed as a BOLD prediction bcz no one knows what he is going to do (if at all his party wins)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

That's quite a BOLD prediction! Why do we NRIs think so high of ourselves and look down at the people see/face things day in and day out.

Nothing wrong in that....when desi Indians do the same about the NRIs and their lives outside. Funny thing is I know more about India and what happens in my region than my friends and relatives who live there. Go figure that....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Confuzzled

sentiments expressed by who? a section that supports a party desperate to come back to power. The statement "what he is about to dish" is what termed as a BOLD prediction bcz no one knows what he is going to do (if at all his party wins)

this coming from a guy that was defending Jagan and YSR's highway robbery with "everyone does it" moral equivalency.what abt the damning CBI report? let me guess - strategic propaganda by people behind the party desperate to come to power, right?

from the outside it looks like you want the YSR faction to come into power desperately. you probably dont know abt what everyone in the state knows regarding how jagan came into mega money or dont care?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Confuzzled,

By 'A party desperate to come into power' , you are suggesting TDP. Those statements actually came from Botsa, Kiran reddy, tulsi reddy and VHR. I think you need to pay attention to the facts.

Your explanation of 'Bold prediction' is laughable. In jagan's case, there is historical evidence of 61/2 years of ruling the state. According to known facts Jagan's has exceeded in looting AP to the tune of several 100s or thousands of crores. Projecting that into future is not neither bold nor sensational.

If you want bold, here is one prediction: I would not be surprised if Jagan settles his feud with congress and allows all cases to be washed away over time. I would have called it a certainty but for Ambani issue. Mukesh may not take that lightly. But time settles lot of scores and at some point Jagan will return to Congress.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
this coming from a guy that was defending Jagan and YSR's highway robbery with "everyone does it" moral equivalency.what abt the damning CBI report? let me guess - strategic propaganda by people behind the party desperate to come to power, right?

from the outside it looks like you want the YSR faction to come into power desperately. you probably dont know abt what everyone in the state knows regarding how jagan came into mega money or dont care?

Take it easy man, my original quip was about TBT's remark on Indian voters sure enough it quickly digressed into something else. Anyway, you can keep harping that YSR is a looter but the fact of the matter is he was head and shoulders above other leaders of recent times. Like NTR he had his strengths and weaknesses, Just like NTR he is not perfect either (I'm comparing to NTR because he was one of the better ones)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 30, 2012 10:02 pm

truthbetold wrote:Confuzzled,

By 'A party desperate to come into power' , you are suggesting TDP. Those statements actually came from Botsa, Kiran reddy, tulsi reddy and VHR. I think you need to pay attention to the facts.

Your explanation of 'Bold prediction' is laughable. In jagan's case, there is historical evidence of 61/2 years of ruling the state. According to known facts Jagan's has exceeded in looting AP to the tune of several 100s or thousands of crores. Projecting that into future is not neither bold nor sensational.

If you want bold, here is one prediction: I would not be surprised if Jagan settles his feud with congress and allows all cases to be washed away over time. I would have called it a certainty but for Ambani issue. Mukesh may not take that lightly. But time settles lot of scores and at some point Jagan will return to Congress.

OK, laugh your heart out. I'd actually agree with the second half of your post.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

From what I see..looks like there are not too many fans of Jagan Reddy in this forum and he can't do anything right! Except, for I assume Mr. Muchocricket (Confuzzled?)

May be this Jagan person is a mega crook..and deserves to go to jail, if he swindled money. The timing of his arrest seems quite well planned- with elections coming up. But, it's nice to see a younger politician from a State party, have a little courage and stand up to the powers that be in the Central Govt (Congress) at this time..and face the consequences!

He may cave in soon- like many politicians do..based on his self-interests sooner than later, hope he doesn't, and stays with his regional party!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down