Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Cricket at its finest

5 posters

Go down

Test Cricket at its finest Empty Test Cricket at its finest

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 am

SA batting in overcast conditions at The Oval chasing 385 against some sharp bowling by Anderson and Broad. Full house oohing and aahing for every swish and miss. I got so much to do at work but can't take my eyes away from the internet feed.
Brilliant commentary team too. Atherton, Gower, Botham, Warne, Pollock, Holding...
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Test Cricket at its finest Empty Re: Test Cricket at its finest

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:45 am

doofus_maximus wrote:SA batting in overcast conditions at The Oval chasing 385 against some sharp bowling by Anderson and Broad. Full house oohing and aahing for every swish and miss. I got so much to do at work but can't take my eyes away from the internet feed.
Brilliant commentary team too. Atherton, Gower, Botham, Warne, Pollock, Holding...

Win or lose South Africa is the real winner....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 am

Now it is a sub continent like dead pitch. Bad for cricket. Those epic centuries were just mindless grinding by slow accumulators. England didnot change tactics fast enough. Brilliant commentators were found wanting to explain how test at its finest turned into a boring test. Most of the above descriptions were from cricinfo columns. If the game turns on a few quick wickets all the pundits will resume test at its finest dreams.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 am

Funny...did u notice, in the last few years we rarely come across or talk about bowling records being broken.

It is all about batting, and at this rate no one will want to be a bowler.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:13 pm

The South African bowlers don't seem to be bothered by the nature of the pitch. England 4 down and struggling to save the match.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Innings defeat for England. I am surprised they folded easily in their own backyard.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

nevada wrote:Innings defeat for England. I am surprised they folded easily in their own backyard.

Always strive to go upwards and never think you reached the top. Once you think you have reached the top, since movement is the law of life, now your movement will be downwards - Swami Sivananda, Divine Life Society, Rishikesh, India.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 pm

England certainly seems to be on it's way down. Andrew Strauss will be under pressure to step down if this series is lost. I think Andy Flower should be retained at least until the Ashes series next year.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down