Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is what I posted on old CH

+6
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
CroMagnon
artood2
charvaka
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This is what I posted on old CH - Page 2 Empty Re: This is what I posted on old CH

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 20, 2011 5:48 pm

To at least some of the people there, I think it is case of not wanting to be told what to do.That is how they view it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

This is what I posted on old CH - Page 2 Empty Re: This is what I posted on old CH

Post by charvaka Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:To at least some of the people there, I think it is case of not wanting to be told what to do.That is how they view it.
Whatever it is, I am again done with CH for at least a couple of weeks. It is up to each individual to decide where and with whom they prefer to interact.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 9:02 pm

charvaka wrote:Paging Huzefa... please translate. I didn't understand this. I understand all the words, but the message eludes me. I am known for missing the forest for the trees. But let me also learn.

Maria S on old CH wrote:
I think we live and learn (constantly!)

When it comes to our ways of life..we do what works for us (or what we
think works for us)..we are not always right-

What she means is:

"When HA dug info on a loathed foe, I was delirious, cheered him along and was excited to listen to a sample of the "voice".

Now, when QB incorrectly accuses Carvaka of this, I will remain silent and cheer her along because I have a new foe to fight against and QB seems to be on my side, even though her sympathies are currently with the old foe.

We should always do what works for us (or what we think works for us)
."

HTH

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 20, 2011 9:23 pm

blabberwock wrote:
What she means is:

"When HA dug info on a loathed foe, I was delirious, cheered him along and was excited to listen to a sample of the "voice".

Now, when QB incorrectly accuses Carvaka of this, I will remain silent and cheer her along

True... let me do a Maria-style response here. I hope her choices work out for her in the long run. The CHistory of her new friend suggests otherwise, but she seems to be an optimist about all things, so all the best to her.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 12:14 am

charvaka wrote:Paging Huzefa... please translate. I didn't understand this. I understand all the words, but the message eludes me. I am known for missing the forest for the trees. But let me also learn.

Maria S on old CH wrote:
I think we live and learn (constantly!)

When it comes to our ways of life..we do what works for us (or what we
think works for us)..we are not always right- everyone stumbles...no
exceptions. Nothing irritates/annoying to people more when they see
people they don't like/want to bring them down -do "very well" in
life...and are liked by others (they will find all kinds of reasons- why
they think a person does not deserve the like/love...and it's all
"luck" that people succeed.

For me- if there is such a thing called "pay back"...is living healthy
and well...and I have also seen the mighty and arrogant who do a lot of
harm in words and actions are not invincible...we reap what we sow...and
it will come back to hurt them/us.

LOL. i think she's talking about armageddon/doomsday/apocalypse/rapture(!) with plentiful biblical references thrown in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 11:49 am

charvaka wrote:When you referred to uncyclopedia in the past, I thought you were talking about Wikipedia! Didn't realize such a thing exists. Just checked it out... it's whole new world out there!

actually, in this entry in uncyclopedia (and i have referred to this link in old ch before) you will see how chat lingo can be used to great effect:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/9/11_%28video_game%29

the above piece was not written by a kid. in fact it was written by an adult. i say this 'cos much of the contribution in uncyclopedia is juvenile. but, let me also add that even adults can write juvenile stuff -- i am proof of it (through my contributions there). and i just checked: i was active there for exactly six months. i was forced to leave in the end when i got into a long argument with the chief admin. (around the time when the founder of uncyclopedia was selling his stake to wikia) and he reverted my contributions and banned me to boot.

artood2 wrote:Did you reference any of those articles for debates on CH? Very Happy

ha ha. i was just reading uncyclopedia today. i'll quote it now to illustrate my thoughts on the indian economy:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/India#Economy wrote:Economically, India is very large, as a large number of people have to live economically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2