Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sara- "Marriage"

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
6 posters

Go down

For Sara- "Marriage" Empty For Sara- "Marriage"

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am

Sara,

Thought this story may be of some interest to you- since you expressed how you feel about "marriage"!

I tell you..this Korean Maria is something..nothing like Indian Marias:) I plan to just visit all 50 US States (am up to 41) and that seems like a lot of effort!

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/166269/20110620/50-marriages-maria-korean-bride-yoon-states-hanbok.htm

*Seriously, just an excuse to say hello to you - this is an old story, but was getting some attention in Facebook and a vigorous discussion about marriage is going on among Fb friends! And all in good fun friend!Very Happy

This Ms. Maria is trying to make a point..

Excerpt:

Yoon says on her homepage that the Maria the Korean Bride project was designed to bring attention to the social pressure and ostracism that she has endured as a first generation Korean-American unmarried woman. Though it began as a way to rebel against the marriage expectations of her parents, the project has evolved over 8 years to challenge and explore the definition of marriage in the U.S.

Her momentary husbands included women, indigenous people, Black Angus, and thoroughbred horse.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

For Sara- "Marriage" Empty Re: For Sara- "Marriage"

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Can't think of any other reason to marry, except that you either want to have a married family life (and then go looking for someone), or you want to marry a certain someone coz u love him/her. Have heard of many people saying they married coz it was 'the time', or any other ' family pressure', but not have been able to wrap my empathy head around it so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Maria S wrote:
Her momentary husbands included women, indigenous people, Black Angus, and thoroughbred horse.

No real manly man in "hubby group"?

What about White Angus ?

So she is now finally married to the "thorough bred" till death do them apart?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Can't think of any other reason to marry, except that you either want to have a married family life (and then go looking for someone), or you want to marry a certain someone coz u love him/her. Have heard of many people saying they married coz it was 'the time', or any other ' family pressure', but not have been able to wrap my empathy head around it so far.

Can think of a few more..

*It may not be to have children..but, in general..it is still better for children (since there is a real probability of having children!) to have two parents than one.

*It is nice for two families-units to (even if there are lots of in-law issues) to become one..

*The paradox of marriage is..it's limiting, but also liberating in some ways..

*There are plenty of challenges- all marriages have some dysfunctional parts.

The most important part is..Marriage is def. not for everyone! No need to force anyone to get married, or judge them/their life as less, if they don't want to!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Maria S wrote:

No real manly man in "hubby group"?

What about White Angus ?

So she is now finally married to the "thorough bred" till death do them apart?

Not sure, some manly men and white Angus may be among the 50!

After 2 or 3..don't think it matters that much..who the spouses are:) In the case of Larry King, Trump, Liz Taylor..looks like there were some similarities..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Goodness Tracy, I mean N:)

I got distracted..

*How could I not mention:

Wealth- through Spousal association.

Power- through Spousal association and connections.

Political opportunities and power- through Spousal association/connections..in some countries..even nationality does not matter..Madam Sonia is the 6th most powerful woman in the world and Madam Hillary the 2nd most powerful woman in the world..thanks to spousal associations-connections!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Was looking up songs about weddings and marriages..this song from K.Balachander's "Aval oru thodarkathai" (a story about the first-born daughter sacrificing her life..getting all her siblings married and settled) showed up!

A young Kamalahasan - showing off his versatility..and so many great stars who have passed away..the late. Sujatha, late. Jayalakshmi, late. S. Varalakshmi and perhaps others..

time flies!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:51 am

Sara,

Think this one will be of some interest to you:)

The tamil newspapers say that at least 50 men have registered complaints in Chennai that she married them and they were abandoned! The Korean Maria is no match to this Indian woman- have heard of speed dating this is speed marrying!

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/nation/south/bride-run-cheats-15-men-abandons-child-836

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

Sara, hope you are doing fine!

In the meantime..keeping this thread going with stories related to "Marriage"..this news story did catch my eye, and there is an Argentinian Maria involved too..

While it is not good to see any family break up because of affairs..Mark Sanford did seem badly smitten and really "in love"..chasing this lady (or she led him!) as he told/lied to the citizens of SC he was exploring the Appalachian trails..who can forget his rambling on and on..like a man who was disoriented- giddy like a teenager..amusing to watch! And his epic love letters (did not like the way he imitated-signed off with my "M"Smile

But, the man at least sacrificed his political career for her..and may be now they will live happily together..and don't feel too sorry for ex-Mrs. Sanford now..looks like she has tried to move on and has her new love too!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/08/mark-sanford-engaged-argentine-girlfriend-/1

On the political front..his exit, paved the way for the colorful Nikki Haley (first Indian American woman) to become Gov of SC..with many happy outcomes! I think people got so sick of sex scandals in SC..the more they accused Nikki of being colorful..the more people felt sympathetic and voted for her!

http://www.thestate.com/2009/06/25/839350/exclusive-read-e-mails-between.html

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Maria S wrote:.....who can forget his rambling on and on..like a man who was disoriented- giddy like a teenager..amusing to watch! And his epic love letters (did not like the way he imitated-signed off with my "M"Smile

>>> But he still can't top Hart- he of 'monkey business' fame- or ' i did not have sex with that woman --- pause---- ms. lewinsky' . Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Maria S wrote:

haven't read the article or the rest of the thread but this has my dirty mind all abuzz.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am

A mutual consent- quickie divorce..As in any new ruling there are advantages and disadvantages too, imo.

SC: 6 months cooling period not to come in way of divorce by mutual consent.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/6-months-cooling-period-not-to-come-in-way-of-divorce-by-mutual-consent-sc/993141/

*Sara, hope you are fine, wherever you are:)

Last edited by Maria S on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:31 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Maria S wrote:

haven't read the article or the rest of the thread but this has my dirty mind all abuzz.

Aha..interesting, now we know..well, never mind:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 am

This is really a tragic story about a Canadian Bride Maria..

As ridiculous as the hoopla surrounding weddings are- especially the wedding photo shoots-sessions get some times..how sad and senseless indeed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/canadian-bride-to-be-plunges-waterfall-death-article-1.1144191

*Still no sightings of Sara..hope all is well with Sara.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 am

Now, I am beginning to miss you a little Sara..as long as you are busy or in a secret location having fun..it's all good.

I'll post in this thread.. until..either you show up or I get real tired!

To keep the theme going..don't know why the Presidential candidate spouses have to speak at the conventions (whether it is Michelle or Ann)..all they are going to do..is look pretty and say great things about their spouses!

Can't see this happening in other countries!

What role should First Spouses play in the White House?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/hashout-goes-location-role-first-spouses-play-white-120326273.html

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Hmm..No sign of Sara..

This has nothing to do with marriage (!)..just an Oops-amusing story about one of Sara's fav. ladies (!)..just kidding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/jan-brewer-obama-endorsement_n_1842559.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 pm

i think mulai azaghi has been kidnapped by a black man. sinister.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i think mulai azaghi has been kidnapped by a black man. sinister.

Oh..hope not!Smile

Seriously, I do look for my e-friends- who post on a regular basis (*anywhere)..as long as I see their posts or there is some indication in their posts or via e-mails they will be gone for some time/or will not be on line any more..do wonder if they are doing ok.

Am lucky that it's kind of mutual..e-friends are kind enough to check on me too..and let me know that they were concerned.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

ya maria. your frequent bumps in this thread has left even me worried. where the heck is he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Hopefully, he will show up soon and say something/post something..and I can save myself some energy..and exit this thread and take a break too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

LOLLLLLL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:53 am

Day 9..still no sightings of an e-friend Sara.

At this point, have to assume..he away from all net access/connections (who wouldn't want to do that for a few days!)..and having a good time. I am not tired of this thread yet..(although do feel a little like Eastwooding)..talking to an "invisibile Sara!"

*Seriously, hope you are doing fine..that's all.

Read this lovely quote..think it is good advice, when it comes to marriage..

Aim high, but do not aim so high that you totally miss the target. What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you soar and fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy.”
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 am

*Ok..this is the kind of news which (I totally assume!) Sara may have posted.

In reality, this should not be news at all.. as often as it is associated- smart/successful never automatically means ethical..and am sure they did not "just get to Harvard, and tried something new"..only 125 is surprising..

http://news.yahoo.com/harvard-students-accused-cheating-final-exam-reflects-culture-152246627--abc-news-topstories.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:42 am

Day 12..

Well, what can I say..when I see at least one Indian man and one Kallu woman seem to get all casual and having a good time..can't help but think about Sara.

Speaking of missing e-friends..have not seen DUT around either..

When Michelle met Kumar:)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/when-michelle-met-kumar

HA,

Well, I do..way more than you wish!

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 am

Maria S wrote:
Day 12..

Well, what can I say..when I see at least one Indian man and one Kallu woman seem to get all casual and having a good time..can't help but think about Sara.

When Kumar met Michelle:)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/when-michelle-met-kumar

You really should get out of the Dixie more often.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

*It's really more about thinking about Sara..this place seems to be so caste free, race free..it's kind of nice..and also eerie..
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Sara, Sara, where are you?
No sighting, no spotting..Not a clue!

Your signature news items and stories have gone away..
And the guys you wanted to be too(!).. Manjay and Sanjay?

E-friends..some we don’t look for..some we do miss..
Like you and your “what do you think about this?”

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Sara,

I think we have crossed the one month mark..since you disappeared. Hope you are okay-healthy, and I cross paths with you somewhere again.

*Although, I still am on line and try to interact with few people who have been kind and genuinely caring in various sites..as time goes by, do have less energy and time. Don't see any point wasting my time or theirs..unless it's mutually worth the the time!

I am sure, the time will come for all of us to disappear..acutely aware of that too..

Will always count you among the few who was a well wisher in good and bad times..and wish you well.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I hope all is well with you, Breasty Beauty. Hope to see you back here soon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down