Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TBT]

2 posters

Go down

[TBT] Empty [TBT]

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Here is another outrageous article finding fault with the CAG's report on coal block allocations. Worse still, he belittles the CAG's methodology as "simplistic". And then there is this fella who claims to be an expert and says the CAG's panacea for all ills i.e. auctions is a bad idea. The cheek of all these fellas who dare challenge the words of a constitutional authority, I tell ya. What is our country coming to if all these little people start questioning constitutional authorities??

Now, a trivia question for ya. Long before the CAG became a rockstar with those mind-blowing, chaddi-wetting 1.76 lac crore and now 1.86 lac crore numbers, who trashed the CAG's brilliant method of calculating notional losses as "idiotic"?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

[TBT] Empty Re: [TBT]

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 am

Daruwala,
Why don't you tell us what you found in your sober times?
CAG could make errors. Most people remember coffin gate and the staggering loss of ONE CRORE.
While you tell us about cag story, can you also refresh us about who blocked parliament workon ONE CRORE loss?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:CAG could make errors.

Thank you. After all your bluster* about the infallibility of the CAG's professional, independent, non-partisan reports, it's great to see you finally educate yourself on the topic and concede that the CAG could be fallible after all.

*I quote: "So you want to tell the CAG professional how to do their job? CAG also follows certain rulez set up by constitutional bodies...Your effort to cloud Cag's independent non partisan reports as naive is arrogant. But it was more designed to confuse facts and provide political breathing space for an ineffective and corrupt mms regime."
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 am

good thread!

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 am

Daruwala,
You add no new information on cag.
As usual you resort to putting words in peoples mouth and then shooting your straw man and celebrate with daru.
Defending cag's stellar record in exposing 2G scam and common wealth games does not mean cag is infalliable. It means cag is a much more reliable institution than Scam covering PMO of manmohan singh. Cag exposed the fact there are irregularities. It is govt's job to use investigative agencies to establish comprehensive case facts and prosecute culprits.
You and your congress govt use mms's reputation as a shield and fight against its own constitutional agency. Now several weeks after brazen reluctance mms govt is slowly acknowledging the scam and tries to cover its butt by initiating probe from 1993 coal allocations.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 am

truthbetold wrote:Defending cag's stellar record in exposing 2G scam and common wealth games does not mean cag is infalliable. It means cag is a much more reliable institution than Scam covering PMO of manmohan singh. Cag exposed the fact there are irregularities. It is govt's job to use investigative agencies to establish comprehensive case facts and prosecute culprits.
Talk about strawmen. Go back and read what I wrote. My crib was with the manner in which the CAG was calculating all those fantastic numbers. Also, the CAG has no business second-guessing government policy - be it incentivizing investments in power plants or enabling cheap mobile connectivity. The CAG should confine itself to identifying acts of malfeasance in the implementation of the policy and not in the policy itself.

truthbetold wrote:You and your congress govt use mms's reputation as a shield and fight against its own constitutional agency.
Show me any one place where I have done that. As for the government's fightback, what do you want it to do? Roll over and blindly accept the CAG's fantastic math as infallible truth (like you were blustering a few days ago)??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Daruwala,
Repeating bluster hundred times cannot change a logical statement into bluster.
Your propensity to pick silly non critical non central detail and turn discussions into personal fights is well recorded.
If cag inflates estimates govt should find ways to control it. Mms was on record criticizing supreme court judge statements. Cag is in a much lower rung. Only distractors like you and congress zealots find cag numbers as the problem. Cag's efforts allowed 2g spectrum sale corruption and common wealth games corruption to move to center stage. Your feeble attempt to stain cag is similar to your diversionary efforts after every terrorist attack.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum