Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Kinnera

5 posters

Go down

For Kinnera Empty For Kinnera

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am

Back to top Go down

For Kinnera Empty Re: For Kinnera

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 am

aaawww! Thank you so much, bw Smile. Let me post a song for you too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 am

lowwe in gNTur? in the godavari valley? sooo much running, na. sooo playful na. such looong braids, na. down to the knees. sooo beautiful, na. plus cute boy in suit. but weird dance steps, na. 1,743 violins playing in unison, and 7,681 birds flying, while woman with high-pitched voice sings. divine.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:lowwe in gNTur? in the godavari valley? sooo much running, na. sooo playful na. such looong braids, na. down to the knees. sooo beautiful, na. plus cute boy in suit. but weird dance steps, na. 1,743 violins playing in unison, and 7,681 birds flying, while woman with high-pitched voice sings. divine.
Jerji, you are on a roll today, na. You have friends, you are firing zingers at the impressive rate of one per 45 minutes, and you had dinner with real people last night. What did you take to turn things around so spectacularly, yaar? Is it Humdard ka tonic, Sinkara? Tell, tell na.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 am

BW,

I am revoking my song reco for you. as such i do not have the inclination to post here anymore because of the atitude of the big bully admin man. now this!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:lowwe in gNTur? in the godavari valley? sooo much running, na. sooo playful na. such looong braids, na. down to the knees. sooo beautiful, na. plus cute boy in suit. but weird dance steps, na. 1,743 violins playing in unison, and 7,681 birds flying, while woman with high-pitched voice sings. divine.

u got no taste na and you thought it is a telugu song na? That's why all the put downs na? now put your foot in your mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 am

aiyyo, sooo much lowwe among dravidpeepal in track suits, na!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 am

Now this song for JM:) (plus sized cute boy in suit along with Plus sized Keralathu Paingili! ).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

hahaha, fuNNy na! however, the song is in tamil, and the video must be from a tamil movie.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm

scratch JM cognac ka nasha abhi utra nahi? are you still drunk? what are you blabbering boy? from godavari to cauvery? further down is indian ocean yaar. control bhai control!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 pm

I lost to you, bw. Smile I realize now that this is a bait and that I fell for it. Sigh! Smile. I vowed to stay away from the forum and chat until the 21st of this month and I did. I wanted to continue it like that....forever! Yeah, forever! This time without binding myself to any vows though. I gave myself a li'l leeway and gave myself the permission to 'just lurk' and not post anything. And chat was a big no no. Was fine like that for a day. And then your bait today. Grrr!! I fell for it and posted. One led to the other. Now I'm in the chat room too. SighO!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 pm

kinns, nannu mari ekkuvagA pogidestunnavu. kAni parvAlEdu.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 am

kinnera wrote:I realize now that this is a bait and that I fell for it... I vowed to stay away from the forum and chat... Yeah, forever!... I gave myself a li'l leeway and gave myself the permission to 'just lurk' and not post anything
wow! blabberwock has to be applauded for her sixth sense. she pulled you back from the brink of abyss in the nick of time! check out my ponganalus in the food thread. they cook fast and we cooked them on medium flame as you had suggested (and covered for some time for some steaming). the centre turned out cooked that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
wow! blabberwock has to be applauded for her sixth sense. she pulled you back from the brink of abyss in the nick of time! check out my ponganalus in the food thread. they cook fast and we cooked them on medium flame as you had suggested (and covered for some time for some steaming). the centre turned out cooked that way.

Lol@"she pulled you back from the brink of abyss in the nick of time!" Smile.

Saw the pix of the ponganalu in the food thread. Pretty impressed! Kudos to Ganpath ram for surpassing us SI aunties in ponganalu/paniyaram making. Did you and your family like them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 am

kinnera wrote: Kudos to Ganpath ram...

Hey hey..what about me? Ganpath Ram was the implementer. But the vision was all mine. Stuffed ponganalu is my copyrighted idea.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
kinnera wrote: Kudos to Ganpath ram...

Hey hey..what about me? Ganpath Ram was the implementer. But the vision was all mine. Stuffed ponganalu is my copyrighted idea.

Did you suggest that? Let me go back and read more. I was actually wondering abt it. I nvr made/ate anything like that, the stuffed ones, i mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 am

kinnera wrote: Did you and your family like them?
yeah! actually we had them again the day before (stuffed with kakori kebabs -- minced mutton).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 am

k.. went back and read all the posts. So the credit for the stuffed ponganalu shld go to the great food innovator, Mr. Merlot. I mean, srsly! I've been making ponganalu for ages but nvr thought abt stuffing them with stuff.
I'm going to try with kheema stuffing next time.

PS: Kudos to Merlot for his innovative ideas! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 am

kinnera wrote:k.. went back and read all the posts. So the credit for the stuffed ponganalu shld go to the great food innovator, Mr. Merlot. I mean, srsly! I've been making ponganalu for ages but nvr thought abt stuffing them with stuff.

Thanks Kinny. BW, eat THAT!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
kinnera wrote:k.. went back and read all the posts. So the credit for the stuffed ponganalu shld go to the great food innovator, Mr. Merlot. I mean, srsly! I've been making ponganalu for ages but nvr thought abt stuffing them with stuff.

Thanks Kinny. BW, eat THAT!

MD, I suggest that you stick to stuffing yourself and nothing else. You are right, freedom of speech must be controlled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

Here's the 'whole wheat' bread that i made while I was cooling off. I took it as a challenge and made it with a vengeance. I wanted to make the best and the most 'nutritious and wholesome' bread than the not so healthy 'maida' bread that Mr. B makes every week.

To be frank, nutritious and wholesome it sure was, but wasn't tasty Sad. It was brown on the outside but raw in the inside initially. When i tried to bake it more, it turned rock hard.

I attribute that failure to the flour that i used. I used the whole wheat flour bought from the american store, which was pretty coarse. And on top of that, i added unprocessed wheat bran which was even coarser. So...

Anyway, SIL made it in chennai (I took her the yeast pkts from here) with the fine chappati atta and she was super excited that it came out great! nice, soft and spongy...

So the problem is with the flour that i used. Next time I'm going to use the fine desi atta and post the pix of the 'best and the most nutritious and wholesome' bread ever. Until then, adjust with these pls...

For Kinnera 00210

For Kinnera 00610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down