Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BP to plead guilty to felony charges

2 posters

Go down

BP to plead guilty to felony charges Empty BP to plead guilty to felony charges

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Remember that Mitt Romney line, "corporations are people too?" So imagine you killed 11 people through your gross negligence. You agree with the government to plead guilty to felony charges. And you say, "hey I will pay a penalty of three months worth of my savings -- income less expenses -- and you let me go." Will the government give you the deal? Not very likely. In the case of BP, that is the deal the company is getting. They pay a fine of $4.5 billion (compare to 2012 Q3 profit of $5.5 billion) and they can walk away. That is the difference between corporations and people. You can imprison and execute people, but with corporations, you just slap them on the wrist and let them go.

As someone said, "I will believe that corporations are people too when I see Texas execute one."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/bp-oil-spill_n_2136063.html

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

BP to plead guilty to felony charges Empty Re: BP to plead guilty to felony charges

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 pm

psst: election over. time to move onto other causes, gays are still not free to marry for example. and american taxes arent on par with canada - let's work on that.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down