Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

test 2

+4
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
MaxEntropy_Man
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

test 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: test 2

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 pm

here is something else i don't understand. even if we were to buy this three spinners nonsense, why harbhajan? what variety does he bring? if ineffective is offspin is what you want, ashwin has that covered. why not amit mishra or piyush chawla to add some real variety? dhoni relies too much on his gut instinct which has let him down badly lately.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Max,
My gut says dhoni magnified the niggle in yadav's back to get bajji in the team. Banjo got a lot of wickets last time he played at mumbai against England. No proof. Dhoni is like a guy trying to recoup losses on gambling table. Desperate mind desperate thinking clutching at the straws.
Banjo could still redeem himself by throwing around the bat and help India reach 150 lead. England will still win but at least they have to work for it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Just a few days ago Bhajji had lashed out at his detractors. This quote is so prophetic. He has skilfully allowed batsman to make runs off of him without any fear.

"Harbhajan said: "A good bowler should not be only judged by his wickets count, his skillful bowling methods should also be taken into account. "

"I have seen legendary spinners like Shane Warne and Muttiah Muralitharan going wicketless in matches. Similarly, I am not a magician, I too can have rough times," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/england-in-india-2012/top-stories/Harbhajan-Singh-hits-out-at-critics/articleshow/17108383.cms

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm

[quote="nevada"]Just a few days ago Bhajji had lashed out at his detractors. This quote is so prophetic. He has skilfully allowed batsman to make runs off of him without any fear.

LOL this takes the cake

""The wickets should have
everything for everyone. When M S Dhoni says that he has not seen any
spinner getting the ball bounce in the rib cage area of the batsman in
the recent past, I agree with him.

"I would love to bowl on a
wicket which has both turn and bounce, so that I can also bowl in the
rib area of the batsman from outside the off stump"."

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:58 pm

[quote="confuzzled dude"]
nevada wrote:Just a few days ago Bhajji had lashed out at his detractors. This quote is so prophetic. He has skilfully allowed batsman to make runs off of him without any fear.

LOL this takes the cake

""The wickets should have
everything for everyone. When M S Dhoni says that he has not seen any
spinner getting the ball bounce in the rib cage area of the batsman in
the recent past, I agree with him.

"I would love to bowl on a
wicket which has both turn and bounce, so that I can also bowl in the
rib area of the batsman from outside the off stump"."

It is not Bhajii's fault that the England line up doesn't have any 3 foot midgets or else he would not just bowl into their rib cage but make the ball whistle in their ears.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:21 am

When is bangladesh scotland touring India? It will be nice to have an even contest.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

All formalities completed, what a disappointment this has been, only 2 players have reached double figures, everything that could go our way did go our way (spin track, won the toss, had England at 68/2) yet we managed to screw up. OTOH, look at Saffies, unreal, snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat. They are a very different team now (no longer chokers). Superb effort from debutant Du Plessis, playing his first test, saved follow-on in the 1st innings, ultimately the match, Laxmanisque effort and Kallis, his usual self, despite not being 100% fit. man.. this guy is a true professional, he probably played as much t-20 stuff as our BOYZ ( bounce) but he doesn't appear to suffer from t-20 fatigue. What a player!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 pm

$kar is out end of this series. He should have gone like VVS with dignity but when does a Mumbai player go with dignity? Too painful to see him struggling like a school kid. Listin and listin good. Time to hang up boots $kar

Speaking of VVS he could have been a great asset to the team in these conditions.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm

$kar is out end of this series. He should have gone like VVS with dignity but when does a Mumbai player go with dignity? Too painful to see him struggling like a school kid. Listin and listin good $kar. Time to hang up boots $kar

Speaking of VVS he could have been a great asset to the team in these conditions.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

have you noticed how none of the mainstream journos, not one, not any of the cricinfo worthies, not harsha bhogle, not manjrekar, are calling for a re-examination of tendulkar's place in the team? this is a very serious loss of form running for quite a while now. if this was dravid or laxman the knives would have come out a long long long time ago. what gives?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:have you noticed how none of the mainstream journos, not one, not any of the cricinfo worthies, not harsha bhogle, not manjrekar, are calling for a re-examination of tendulkar's place in the team? this is a very serious loss of form running for quite a while now. if this was dravid or laxman the knives would have come out a long long long time ago. what gives?

These very guys are the reason why $kar is still in team. They pump too much air and make him look like a raja and the selectors who are almost always the Mumbai Mafia nod in agreement. A guy like Allan border had the guts to brush aside Steve Waugh and showed the door whereas the BCCI has no balls. That's what gives.

Unfortunately even $kar thinks he can come back to form and stay 3 more years than take clue from Dravid and VVS. Past glories no longer work. Pity that he cannot even get a 50 now and is struggling like a school student. Horrible!!

BCCI should clean up the likes of bhajji Ishant and other lazy guys. Irfan Pathan is a better option than the current folk

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2