Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: What is your life grade at this point

+7
Kumarg
Merlot Daruwala
Jeremiah Mburuburu
FluteHolder
bw
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
11 posters

Go down

What is your life Grade at this point in life?

Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_lcap43%Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_lcap14%Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_lcap43%Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_lcap0%Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_lcap0%Poll: What is your life grade at this point Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll: What is your life grade at this point Empty Poll: What is your life grade at this point

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am

Give 1 or 2 reasons for your grade - if you please.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Poll: What is your life grade at this point Empty Re: Poll: What is your life grade at this point

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 am

Voted C:

kids: A
family:A
marriage:F
love: B
friends: B

health: B

money: D
job: C
career: D

entertainment: B
travel: D
looks: C

Back to top Go down

Poll: What is your life grade at this point Empty Re: Poll: What is your life grade at this point

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

My grade is C - desperately trying to raise it to a C+ or B-..

Family life: B-

Professional life: C

Overall Happiness: C-

At this rate, I need some way to get some extra credits to raise my grade.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:02 am

Nats,
Focus on one core issue. Get it to a solid level. Then start grading yourself for improvement. Self criticism should be limited to self flagellation. Focus on career in 2013.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 am

truthbetold wrote:Nats,
Focus on one core issue. Get it to a solid level. Then start grading yourself for improvement. Self criticism should be limited to self flagellation. Focus on career in 2013.

yeah... picking career and money for 2013... after that two years full focus on daughter's high school. Then maybe love, and then maybe marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

yeah... picking career and money for 2013... after that two years full focus on daughter's high school. Then maybe love, and then maybe marriage.

it was outside the screen just THREE days ago. Looks it has already sneaked onto the screen.

Money for 2013???? I thought it was for 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 am

Worry about 2013 and daughter's education. Rest will adjust over a peroid of time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 am

what do you intend to do with the result of this poll?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am

bw wrote:what do you intend to do with the result of this poll?

Pay the admin some bribe, get all the ip addresses, track them and blackmail (Rashmunullah - take note).

And then claim that I know all about people, life, philosophy, and anything else that I have not claimed so far....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 am

Uppili,
I saw posts by seva ... . Is it seva from sulekha? He made coherent arguments about genes and environmental factors.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 am

truthbetold wrote:Uppili,
I saw posts by seva ... . Is it seva from sulekha? He made coherent arguments about genes and environmental factors.

I have no idea. I lost interest in "writing signature" recognition very long time ago, and literally don't care who writes what anymore (Look at my grade....Razz)

Knowing Seva's topic of interest it could well be Seva. Also, why would someone imitate Seva on writing some serious stuffs?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 am

Smile

I refuse to measure life in someone else's/generic scale as each one is so unique. I would say, one should be thankful for the blessings and live in the present and keep optimizing the future plan (though it will happen based on your smart work(not hard)). I read some few nice quotes by Buddha recently.

--

Thoughts Become Things
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.”

Buddha said, “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” James Allen said, “Man is mind.”

In order to live rightly, you must fill your mind with “right” thoughts.

Your thinking determines your actions; your actions determine your outcome. Right thinking will grant you everything you desire; wrong thinking is a vice that will eventually destroy you.

If you change your thinking you will change your life. Buddha said, “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?”

--
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”

--
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

it was outside the screen just THREE days ago. Looks it has already sneaked onto the screen.

Money for 2013???? I thought it was for 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012....

Hahaha. Was under the influence of a yash chopra movie. Thought might slip it in as well. Money will always be there among the top items, no matter what year or decade.

Congratulations to whoever picked A. The way I think is, if my life gets to a B, progressing towards A, the first natural fallout would be such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 am

naive boy! the pink-and-lime-green lehngas and the dancing in the moghal emperor's harem didn't work; the posting of idiotic, romantic scenes and songs from hindi movies didn't either; the display of her photographs in the chat room was also a FAIL! access was wide open, but no one responded, except bittu singh fobby, kinnamma, and dravidgurrl, and the last two are probably of the wrong sex. in despair, she's been announcing, probably falsely, that her marriage has failed. access is still open. are you sure you want it?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 am

Oh wow. The most logical inference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am

I want to vote, but A+ is not one of the options. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
naive boy! the pink-and-lime-green lehngas and the dancing in the moghal emperor's harem didn't work; the posting of idiotic, romantic scenes and songs from hindi movies didn't either; the display of her photographs in the chat room was also a FAIL! access was wide open, but no one responded, except bittu singh fobby, kinnamma, and dravidgurrl, and the last two are probably of the wrong sex. in despair, she's been announcing, probably falsely, that her marriage has failed. access is still open. are you sure you want it?

Are you suggesting that what she's been working on is to get a man and that she's even making false announcements that her marriage failed in order to get one? Can someone jolt me hard and let me know that my reading comprehension is down in the dumps, and that I am all screwed up in the head to even comprehend it like that, pls!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 pm

naive girl! how dare you doubt the infallibility of vee unkil?? he can see thru all the games that people with THE THING play. nobody can pull wool over his ancient eyes. after all these years, you still can't see the man's sheer wisdom? you are fail, kinnamma.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumarg Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Using your itemized list:

kids: D
family:B
marriage:D
love: D
friends: C

health: A

money: C
job: E
career: D

entertainment: B
travel: A
looks: A

Not sure what the final grade would be

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Smile

I refuse to measure life in someone else's/generic scale as each one is so unique. I would say, one should be thankful for the blessings and live in the present and keep optimizing the future plan (though it will happen based on your smart work(not hard)). I read some few nice quotes by Buddha recently.

Exactly... that is why I wanted everyone give their OWN grade. There are no criteria to use in grading. Hence how others view will be different from how you view. Others view your success through their own personal criteria and how society defines success. Whereas the individual may define success per his/her own criteria.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumarg Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 pm

What does your grade C mean? You should break it up or elbaorate

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:naive girl! how dare you doubt the infallibility of vee unkil?? he can see thru all the games that people with THE THING play. nobody can pull wool over his ancient eyes. after all these years, you still can't see the man's sheer wisdom? you are fail, kinnamma.

I am indeed a fail :-(. I need to grow up mucho to see his sheer wisdom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Voted B

kids: B (Need to follow strict schedules...mornings are always a rush)

family: B (Aslong as my eldest one is happy in the family rest is all good...the eldest as in the husband)

marriage: (I don't know how to grade myself here...I am lost.)

love: (Apart from my kids and myself I don't love anyone)

friends: A+ (Have lot of friends to while away the time and also few close ones)

health: B (Need improvement with consistency regarding gym and yoga)

money: ( I am also lost here...earn less; spend more and never put effort to earn more or save more)

job: C (Happy with flex hours and need challenge and growth...again haven't put a grain of effort)

career: D (Have lots of plans and again not much effort or little effort to change)

entertainment: B (Watch a lot of movies, it's fine)
travel: C (Taking a lot of weekend trips and day trips - it's fine. No dream vacation plans yet...)
looks: B (Need to improve energy level and have breakfast)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 pm

A, since that is the story I prefer!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

atcg wrote:

apt. nandraaga sonneenga!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:apt. nandraaga sonneenga!

Thanks...but, it should be nandraaga sonneergal or nallAve sonneenga - for reasons I cannot explain very well and which may very well involve linguistic code-switching.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

atcg wrote:

NOT JUST TO BALANCE atcg..

I love the 6 lines that are highlighted in bold

Apologies for the distractive, rather awkward stiff dancing of kamal haasan
Movie: Simla Special

Music: M S visvanaadhan

song: unakkenna maelae ninraay

Voice: S P B

lyrics: vaali

unakkenna maelae ninraay o nandhalaalaa

unadhaanai paaduginraen naan romba naalaa

thaay madiyil pirandhoam thamizh madiyil valarndhoam

nadigarena malarndhoam naadagaththil kalandhoam

thadhoam thadhoam thagadhimithoam

thadhoam thadhoam thagadhimithoam...

aadaadha maedai illai poadadha vaesham illai

sindhaadha kanneer illai sirippukku panjam illai

kaal kondu aadum pillai nool kondu aadum bommai

un kaiyil andha noolaa nee sollu nandhalaalaa

unadhaanai paaduginraen naan romba naala

yaaraaroa nanban enru aemaandha nenjam undu

poovenru mullaik kandu puriyaamal ninraen inru

paal poalak kallum undu niraththaalae rendum onru

naan enna kallaa paalaa nee sollu nandhalaalaa

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Nool kondu aadum bommai-gal...

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm

atcg wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:apt. nandraaga sonneenga!

Thanks...but, it should be nandraaga sonneergal or nallAve sonneenga - for reasons I cannot explain very well and which may very well involve linguistic code-switching.
"sonneenga" is a slight informalization of "sonneergaL." yes, "nalla" may have been more consistent with "sonneenga."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:17 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
atcg wrote:

NOT JUST TO BALANCE atcg..

I love the 6 lines that are highlighted in bold

Apologies for the distractive, rather awkward stiff dancing of kamal haasan
Movie: Simla Special

Music: M S visvanaadhan

song: unakkenna maelae ninraay

Voice: S P B

lyrics: vaali

unadhaanai paaduginraen naan romba naalaa

thaay madiyil pirandhoam thamizh madiyil valarndhoam

nadigarena malarndhoam naadagaththil kalandhoam

thadhoam thadhoam thagadhimithoam...

sindhaadha kanneer illai sirippukku panjam illai

un kaiyil andha noolaa nee sollu nandhalaalaa

yaaraaroa nanban enru aemaandha nenjam undu

poovenru mullaik kandu puriyaamal ninraen inru

naan enna kallaa paalaa nee sollu nandhalaalaa

i like this song but the choreographer and Kamal should be tied up and beaten with sticks.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Doofus Anna! Where is Anni?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down