Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection)

Go down

The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection) Empty The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 pm

The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection)

Back to top Go down

The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection) Empty Re: The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 am

Excellent article on Hemant Kumar:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=44642

Back to top Go down

The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection) Empty Re: The best of Hemant Kumar (The Rashmun Selection)

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

wonder why this guy became so popular with such an anemic voice. actually i don't think i'll ever figure out the popularity of hindi playback singers of yesteryears. one classical voice i absolutely adore who didn't become popular at all in hindi cinema is d.v.paluskar. there's a voice that makes my hair stand on end.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wonder why this guy became so popular with such an anemic voice. actually i don't think i'll ever figure out the popularity of hindi playback singers of yesteryears. one classical voice i absolutely adore who didn't become popular at all in hindi cinema is d.v.paluskar. there's a voice that makes my hair stand on end.

he was a bengali and bengalis revere him. he also sang songs in many other indian languages including, possibly, tamil. i love his voice. its not as 'perfect' as the voice of mohammad rafi, but it seems to come straight from the heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

speaking of great indian voices, here is another favorite one of mine. a master all but forgotten except in diehard hindustani music fandom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuej3LFcPEg

amazing singing. give it a complete listen before you make up your mind. i always go back to him when i'm beset by life's little annoyances.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:speaking of great indian voices, here is another favorite one of mine. a master all but forgotten except in diehard hindustani music fandom:

amazing singing. give it a complete listen before you make up your mind. i always go back to him when i'm beset by life's little annoyances.

i will listen to your song after i finish listening to hemant kumar singing in tamil:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:speaking of great indian voices, here is another favorite one of mine. a master all but forgotten except in diehard hindustani music fandom:

it is hypnotic. thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down