Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
Ponniyin Selvan
Impedimenta
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
9 posters

Go down

Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt Empty Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 am

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Chennai/Alagiri-furious-over-Karuna-s-succession-plan/Article1-984783.aspx

After the deaths of Karuna and JJ can Congress stage a comeback in TN?

Back to top Go down

Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt Empty Re: Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Chennai/Alagiri-furious-over-Karuna-s-succession-plan/Article1-984783.aspx

DMK will split... each claiming to be the original DMK (we know this routine). Stalin will get the real DMK, and Azhagiri will start call his LDMK (looters DMK). JJ will fly high during this crisis and crystallization of TN politics.

The initial strength of the faction will be decided by the Marans and Kanimozhi, who being only in her mid 40s and fluent in all languages will become a direct challenge to JJ. ADMK - will fall apart after JJ, bcz JJ does not care for the party, which is only a vehicle for her own personal ambition.

MDMK, PMK, VCK etc will split the spoils each getting 10 to 15 seats.

Congress will be useless, and will depend on others to get its leaders elected from some place.

This is likely to be the scenario for 5 years after JJ death.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt Empty Re: Azhagiri: DMK is not a Sankara Mutt

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 pm

I think you may be right for the most part..

You may have overlooked one other minor player (at this time)..Khushboo- if she remains affiliated and a loyalist to DMK ..and does not create her own KDMK (Khushboo DMK). She is also Stalin's friend and quite bold..and may take on Kanimozhi. Kanimozhi..am not sure, if she has that much passion to fight with her brothers and rule..she seems to like the "good life" and like her father (Kalaignar part of him)..likes poetry, writing, "new loves" etc:)

And since she "looks" like Jayalalitha (I mean her skin color- "her type")..speaks English fluently and is articulate, looks more "sophisticated"..etc..she may be more acceptable to a whole lot of men..who are the followers of "the one we waited for" ruler now!

It will be some political drama for sure!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 pm

M akka, khushboo looks like JJ?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Impedimenta wrote:M akka, khushboo looks like JJ?

Not quite.. in a few years she will look like JJ (Size)...Wink

P.S. ...Wink not to be taken as e-ve teasing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Pardon me..I am not an expert on skin-color and other associations (well two glaring ones- Caste and Religion)..

Khushboo is a Muslim, no clue what caste she belongs to! (So she does have some big strikes against her in the eyes of people who look for those similarities)..

But, looking at basic similarities as an "average voter"..1) popular, well known, well-liked movie star 2) lighter skin color 3) size and shape (a younger JJ) 4) Fluency in English - looks more sophisticated 4) "Bold persona"..speaks out about social issues..esp. women's issues ..and how voters in TN seem to admire/accept that..and made JL - MGR's heir (once she made herself that)..Yes, think Khushboo can play a big role in politics- it's easier for her than many others who may not fit into that criteria (not likely to become CM).
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Chennai/Alagiri-furious-over-Karuna-s-succession-plan/Article1-984783.aspx

Congress has zero chance after the deaths of Karuna and JJ. Stalin has been clearly shown as the successor, so DMK will survive after the death of Karuna. Azhagiri is a useless local ruffian with not much of political skills. He'll make some initial noise and wither away. Real money power is with the Marans and do not know who they'll support. Like Maria says, they can even sponsor Kushboo. After JJ's death. ADMK will wither away. there is no second rung leader with mass base. JJ's health is also not that good. She takes repeated breaks and moves to her estate in a hill station (rumored to undergo some treatment there).

More importantly, there is a growing realization amongst Tamils that "Dravidian" movement is against Tamil interests. This is the new idea put up by parties like "Naam Thamizhar" and PMK et.al. They point out that none of the "Dravidian" parties have leaders who are tamils, Karunanidhi, Vijayakanth and Vaiko are all of Telugu origin, Jayalalitha is an Aryan Brahmin of Kannadiga roots. Periyar E.V.Ramasamy Naicker is a Kannadiga and they are all using this fake Dravidian theory to fool Tamils.

Karunanidhi's fake 4 hour fast during the Tamil genocide in Sri lanka, Water issues with Karnataka and Kerala, they don't give a damn about the fake "Dravidian" theories, seems to have lent credence to this theory.

Not sure how much support the above theory is gaining, but there is a good chance that people will fall for it since they are sick and tired of both the Dravidian parties alternating in power.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:....Jayalalitha is an Aryan Brahmin of Kannadiga roots.

what on earth does that mean? tamil brahmins are culturally as dravidian as anyone. i am no fan of JJ, but will running for elections in TN in future require DNA tests in addition to passing the caste test? in this day and age, and after all the water that has flown under the bridge for nearly a century about vilifying pArppanar, we have to hear this narrative? disappointing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

what on earth does that mean? tamil brahmins are culturally as dravidian as anyone. i am no fan of JJ, but will running for elections in TN in future require DNA tests in addition to passing the caste test? in this day and age, and after all the water that has flown under the bridge for nearly a century about vilifying pArppanar, we have to hear this narrative? disappointing.

I was watching one video/speech of Seeman. His point is the other Dravida States are ruled by those who are originally from the respective states while TN is not the case. He does have a point though. Has any minister/CM in other state is born/from other state? Seeman claims that TN should be ruled by a Tamilan. (Karnataka is ruled by Kannadiga/Kerala ruled by a Keralite or AP ruled by an Andhrite)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

That's right. I'm just echoing the narrative of those parties. They have to paint the leaders as anti-Tamils since they are not of Tamil origin. It is easy to paint Vijayakanth, Vaiko and Karunanidhi, Periyar since they are not of Tamil origin. But Jayalalitha is from a Tamil speaking family, so they have to fall back on the Dravidian theory to claim that all Brahmins are non-Tamil Aryans.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm

in my book anyone who is willing to learn tamil and settle down in TN is a tamilian. by that reckoning the actress kushboo is more of a tamilian than many of my relatives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:in my book anyone who is willing to learn tamil and settle down in TN is a tamilian. by that reckoning the actress kushboo is more of a tamilian than many of my relatives.

But you and your book dont have votes...

and most voters are not as smart as you or as patient as you are to argue with Rashmunullah.

In fact, Tamilian voters are as dumb as .....say...rashmun.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:in my book anyone who is willing to learn tamil and settle down in TN is a tamilian. by that reckoning the actress kushboo is more of a tamilian than many of my relatives.
That looks good but none of the elected CMs so far didnot fight for TN's rights with respect to water/power where as the other Dravidian states/CM didnot give in their rights. The DK parties extending this to Brahmins, which is far stretched and it is due to their association with 'DK Philosophy of Anti-Brahmin' attitude.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

and most voters are not as smart as you or as patient as you are to argue with Rashmunullah.

Uppili the Poopili sits on his "throne" pooping 24*7 and letting loose bloopers from time to time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Uppili the Poopili sits on his "throne" pooping 24*7 and letting loose bloopers from time to time.

Thank you for promptly cleaning up.....I knew you are good.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:

Congress has zero chance after the deaths of Karuna and JJ. Stalin has been clearly shown as the successor, so DMK will survive after the death of Karuna. Azhagiri is a useless local ruffian with not much of political skills. He'll make some initial noise and wither away. Real money power is with the Marans and do not know who they'll support. Like Maria says, they can even sponsor Kushboo. After JJ's death. ADMK will wither away. there is no second rung leader with mass base. JJ's health is also not that good. She takes repeated breaks and moves to her estate in a hill station (rumored to undergo some treatment there).

More importantly, there is a growing realization amongst Tamils that "Dravidian" movement is against Tamil interests. This is the new idea put up by parties like "Naam Thamizhar" and PMK et.al. They point out that none of the "Dravidian" parties have leaders who are tamils, Karunanidhi, Vijayakanth and Vaiko are all of Telugu origin, Jayalalitha is an Aryan Brahmin of Kannadiga roots. Periyar E.V.Ramasamy Naicker is a Kannadiga and they are all using this fake Dravidian theory to fool Tamils.

Karunanidhi's fake 4 hour fast during the Tamil genocide in Sri lanka, Water issues with Karnataka and Kerala, they don't give a damn about the fake "Dravidian" theories, seems to have lent credence to this theory.

Not sure how much support the above theory is gaining, but there is a good chance that people will fall for it since they are sick and tired of both the Dravidian parties alternating in power.

I agree. Despite all the criticism against Tamils, they are much more liberal when it comes to supporting TN leaders of non-Tamil origin. This was also true of Kannadigas; Bangalore, like Madras, was well-liked by everyone (Tamils and Telugus live without any problem).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

That's right. I'm just echoing the narrative of those parties. They have to paint the leaders as anti-Tamils since they are not of Tamil origin. It is easy to paint Vijayakanth, Vaiko and Karunanidhi, Periyar since they are not of Tamil origin. But Jayalalitha is from a Tamil speaking family, so they have to fall back on the Dravidian theory to claim that all Brahmins are non-Tamil Aryans.

I will just point out that Pandit Nehru's family was a Kashmiri Brahmin family and Nehru was never made to feel like an "outsider" by the people of UP. Are UPites more magnanimous and benevolent than Tamilians?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Thank you for promptly cleaning up.....I knew you are good.

Since you are pooping 24*7 there is no question of cleaning up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Hello Selvan!

You know the ground realities better than many of us..Have been looking up videos of Kushboo..interesting:)

This one has a lot of yelling and screaming..(never seen this before)..she seems to hold up well against Swamy.

The jackpot host..seems dynamic and a natural-good communicator with young people..uses humor well. Unfortunately had to listen to that Jai Ho song again!

Of course..if Kamal says she is naturally pretty and said "take your make up off" (as in -before filming!)..am sure, she is quite attractive in person too..does not hurt as a politician..

*To me, it is obvious that she has good people skills/political talents (seems to be making sure Tamilian know that she will represent and fight for us)..and that is always very appealing to Tamilian masses who vote- they will embrace her quite well.

Had enough of Kushboo watching for an evening..for a long time:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

if what PS is saying is true, this is a renewed virulent political strain that has taken hold. in the era since bharathidasan, a staunch dravidianist walked out of a DK meeting because someone had insulted bharathi (எங்க ஐயரை அவமரியாதை செய்யும் கூட்டத்தில் என்னால் பங்கேர்க்க முடியாது: i cannot participate in a meeting where my iyer has been insulted), i thought we had made much progress. tamilians have had no problems accepting MGR and rajanikanth as tamilians. this seems like a retrogressive attitude.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if what PS is saying is true, this is a renewed virulent political strain that has taken hold. in the era since bharathidasan, a staunch dravidianist walked out of a DK meeting because someone had insulted bharathi (எங்க ஐயரை அவமரியாதை செய்யும் கூட்டத்தில் என்னால் பங்கேர்க்க முடியாது: i cannot participate in a meeting where my iyer has been insulted), i thought we had made much progress. tamilians have had no problems accepting MGR and rajanikanth as tamilians. this seems like a retrogressive attitude.

Tamils should learn from UPites in this respect. UPites are completely free of regional chauvinism and regionalism. they put their country before their state.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if what PS is saying is true, this is a renewed virulent political strain that has taken hold. in the era since bharathidasan, a staunch dravidianist walked out of a DK meeting because someone had insulted bharathi (எங்க ஐயரை அவமரியாதை செய்யும் கூட்டத்தில் என்னால் பங்கேர்க்க முடியாது: i cannot participate in a meeting where my iyer has been insulted), i thought we had made much progress. tamilians have had no problems accepting MGR and rajanikanth as tamilians. this seems like a retrogressive attitude.

Tamils should learn from UPites in this respect. UPites are completely free of regional chauvinism and regionalism. they put their country before their state.

i don't know whether to take your statement at face value. but it certainly helps that their language is one of the two recognized official languages. magnanimity about regional issues comes easily under those circumstances.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't know whether to take your statement at face value. but it certainly helps that their language is one of the two recognized official languages. magnanimity about regional issues comes easily under those circumstances.

You have a point but I will also say that the fact that Pandit Nehru was the senior most representative of the state of UP has to be appreciated considering he was a Kashmiri. We never had anybody calling him an outsider.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 am

FluteHolder wrote:

I was watching one video/speech of Seeman. His point is the other Dravida States are ruled by those who are originally from the respective states while TN is not the case. He does have a point though. Has any minister/CM in other state is born/from other state? Seeman claims that TN should be ruled by a Tamilan. (Karnataka is ruled by Kannadiga/Kerala ruled by a Keralite or AP ruled by an Andhrite)

Hahaha! we Telugus know the sequel of this movie very well. Once a pure (if I can say such thing) Tamilian has been elected as CM it gets regional. They will suggest that CM should hail form Coimbatore , Madurai or Kongunadu and son so forth.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am

FluteHolder wrote:I was watching one video/speech of Seeman. His point is the other Dravida States are ruled by those who are originally from the respective states while TN is not the case. He does have a point though. Has any minister/CM in other state is born/from other state? Seeman claims that TN should be ruled by a Tamilan. (Karnataka is ruled by Kannadiga/Kerala ruled by a Keralite or AP ruled by an Andhrite)

We, the Tamil naTIOnalists, are fed up with seeman. He has nothing else to offer against MK or vaiko or JL, so he says others are foreigners. He plays I am a Tamilan card. It is like Trump questioning if Obama is an American.

Seeman was a great Tamil nationalist about Tamil sovereignty etc until he was thrown i n jail for a few months. One thing he did after coming out is to publish party charter which clearly says it accepts Indian constitution. Even DMK or ADMK party charter does not say that even though they accept the Indian constitution.

To me, MK, JL, Vaiko are Tamils.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down