Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think He Got this right....

+3
Rishi
Kris
FluteHolder
7 posters

Go down

I think He Got this right.... Empty I think He Got this right....

Post by FluteHolder Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

I think He Got this right.... Empty Re: I think He Got this right....

Post by Kris Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 pm

FluteHolder wrote:

>>>hey I just posted on Gurus weighing in on the issue.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I just listened to few lines. He did not say anything new compared to what sociologists and psychologists have said about rape.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:43 pm

yes he did
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

southindian wrote:yes he did

Then I am really sorry to have hurt your religious feelings.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Rishi wrote:I just listened to few lines. He did not say anything new compared to what sociologists and psychologists have said about rape.

>>>But remember, Indians listen to gurus. Therein may lie the key to get the momentum going. See my recent post on this.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Rishi wrote:
southindian wrote:yes he did

Then I am really sorry to have hurt your religious feelings.

Where does "religion" come in the discussion? Never did
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 pm

He says rape is more abt possession, the belief of possessing a woman. I feel that rape is more about power: that woman is less than a man and the man asserts his power thru rape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 pm

kinnera wrote:He says rape is more abt possession, the belief of possessing a woman. I feel that rape is more about power: that woman is less than a man and the man asserts his power thru rape.

>>>> The mix of motives probably varies from individual to individual, but the components are most likely anger, a propensity for violence and sexual frustration. I equate the act to murder.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:I just listened to few lines. He did not say anything new compared to what sociologists and psychologists have said about rape.

>>>But remember, Indians listen to gurus. Therein may lie the key to get the momentum going. See my recent post on this.

Some Indians listen to gurus. Some gurus are known to rape. Indians who listen to gurus are usually non-rapist types. Unless they're listening to a rapist-guru.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kris wrote:

Some Indians listen to gurus. Some gurus are known to rape. Indians who listen to gurus are usually non-rapist types. Unless they're listening to a rapist-guru.

>>>> I am hoping there can be a dialogue seeded by these guru- types. Even their followers are not above DIL harassment and overall male chauvinism. Its not necessary they be rapists themselves. Hopefully, this dialogue can have a ripple effect to bring about overall societal change over the long term. In the meantime, send out a harsh message on the 'law and order' front that there will be zero tolerance for sexual abuse. It has to be a multi-pronged attack.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 am

I should become a Mahaguru, and he said much of what I think, say...

It requires a retraining of humans, the male species on how to treat and deal with women. It takes a long time and it is a universal problem - not just an Indian problem.

While this social engineering is designed, implemented and takes root, the present has to be dealt with in the harshest manner. Cutting off hands for stealing is barbaric bcz you are affecting a life for the loss of material wealth. But torturing and taking another life in a preplanned manner with a view to possess and own is a different matter. Saying capital punishment for everything is just as idiotic as saying absolutely no capital punishment whatsoever - two extremes.

At least Indians are opening upto educating women and sending them out to work. But, to expect all men to behave in an asexual manner at all times towards men is not practical and at best can only monitored through serious and professional law enforcement, and judicial system.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:48 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

ROFL @ rapist-guru

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum