Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To TBT

2 posters

Go down

To TBT Empty To TBT

Post by Rishi Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/panelists/deepak_chopra/2008/03/sex_in_glass_bedrooms.html

If Deepak Chopra also visited prostitutes like Elliot Spitzer did, why would he write this article?

Moreover, you claimed that he went to the same prostitute that Elliott Spitzer had gone to!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

To TBT Empty Re: To TBT

Post by Rishi Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Here is the story about a woman who stalked Chopra and then using a prostitute to blackmail him.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/deepakchopra/deepakchopra1.html

In his first day of testimony in his civil lawsuit against Joyce Weaver, Chopra accused her of stalking him for years. "I didn't know how to get her out of my life," he said. "I just wanted her to go away, so I sued her. I didn't know what else to do."

Weaver, who denies the allegations against her, has filed a sexual harassment suit against Chopra. However, she admits talking to the prostitute, who later retracted her story.

His voice choked with emotion, Chopra testified Wednesday of the day in 1996 when newspapers across the world reprinted a magazine's allegations that he had slept with the hooker. Chopra is married and denies the affair.

"I felt devastated," Chopra said, nearly weeping. "My father, an 81-year-old cardiologist in India, had to go to the hospital after he heard about it. My daughter read about it while flying between New York and Boston. My 73-year-old mother had a worsening of her severe asthma attacks."

The magazine later retracted its charges after Chopra filed a libel suit. Chopra's civil lawsuit against Weaver enters its eighth day today in a downtown San Diego courtroom. When this trial ends, the same jury of 12 will hear Weaver's countersuit alleging sexual harassment.

Prostitute was paid, but by whom?

In testimony Wednesday, Chopra said he had allowed an assistant, an Australian named Anthony Nacson, to use his credit cards. Chopra said Nacson later admitted to using the card to pay the hooker. Even so, Chopra said he still doesn't know who used the card to pay the prostitute because he wasn't there. He said he isn't sure it was Nacson.
Chopra's attorneys produced a passport that showed he was in India at the time of the alleged encounter with the prostitute. However, Judge Thomas Murphy refused to allow the attorneys to present hotel bills from New Delhi, India, because there was no proof they were real.

Peter Friesen, Weaver's attorney, said in opening arguments last week that he hopes to show that Nacson may not be guilty of buying the prostitute's services.

In regard to Weaver's sexual harassment claim against him, Chopra denied that he ever caressed Weaver's cheek or touched her in a sexual way. "Ridiculous," he said repeatedly. Friesen declined to comment to APBnews.com about Chopra's testimony. Friesen will cross-examine Chopra today.

Last edited by Rishi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Rishi,
what did he say that charmed you? Did you read the letters or comments. He was ripped apart by most christian americans for saying prostitution is a victimless crime. One guy called him a snake oil salesman.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Rishi,
was deepak cleared of all charges?
The rumor does not have any impact on my opinion on deepak. I formed my opinion based on his talk much before spitzer incident.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum