Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He should be tried as an adult

4 posters

Go down

He should be tried as an adult Empty He should be tried as an adult

Post by Rishi Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm

http://www.sify.com/news/delhi-gang-rape-juvenile-removed-victim-s-intestine-with-his-hands-news-national-nbekRqdibbj.html?sifyoutbrainnewsrecco=obinsite

Rishi

Back to top Go down

He should be tried as an adult Empty Re: He should be tried as an adult

Post by Kris Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 am

Rishi wrote:http://www.sify.com/news/delhi-gang-rape-juvenile-removed-victim-s-intestine-with-his-hands-news-national-nbekRqdibbj.html?sifyoutbrainnewsrecco=obinsite

>>>>Yes. I didn't read the article, just as I haven't read others where they go into the gruesome details. The only thing I can think of someone capable of this level of violence and cruelty has to be insane. Maybe his lawyers will invoke the 'insanity' plea. I am not sure the applicability under Indian law, but presumably it is similar to what the US has.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:50 am

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:http://www.sify.com/news/delhi-gang-rape-juvenile-removed-victim-s-intestine-with-his-hands-news-national-nbekRqdibbj.html?sifyoutbrainnewsrecco=obinsite

>>>>Yes. I didn't read the article, just as I haven't read others where they go into the gruesome details. The only thing I can think of someone capable of this level of violence and cruelty has to be insane. Maybe his lawyers will invoke the 'insanity' plea. I am not sure the applicability under Indian law, but presumably it is similar to what the US has.

I think they went through Psychiatric exam already. They do it before they are charged - otherwise they will lose their case.

yes, I am the one who gave the "gruesome" details (I can be more graphic with pics if you would like for the benefit of others) - bcz these were not reported in the Indian press, and quite frankly, many here had no clue how this could have been done, and went on supporting the no-death Penalty crap and the Juvenile angle. Been saying from the beginning, this is not the work usually expected of "juveniles" But, the cops let the "kid" out of the group to increase the chances of conviction for the rest.

This "kid" is going to walk free at 20 or 21 and guess what he is going to do ? Certainly not an OBGYN. Perhaps, a Pathologist.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kris wrote:

I think they went through Psychiatric exam already. They do it before they are charged - otherwise they will lose their case.

yes, I am the one who gave the "gruesome" details (I can be more graphic with pics if you would like for the benefit of others) - bcz these were not reported in the Indian press, and quite frankly, many here had no clue how this could have been done, and went on supporting the no-death Penalty crap and the Juvenile angle. Been saying from the beginning, this is not the work usually expected of "juveniles" But, the cops let the "kid" out of the group to increase the chances of conviction for the rest.

This "kid" is going to walk free at 20 or 21 and guess what he is going to do ? Certainly not an OBGYN. Perhaps, a Pathologist.

>>>> May be something in the Indian legal system where a juvenile cannot be tried as an adult. The US seems to give the courts more leeway in terms of trying them as adults.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 am

If the Indian courts don't have the leeway to try someone "as an adult" under rare, exceptional circumstances, they ought to have that leeway. In this case, I don't see why the accused ought not to be tried as an adult.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:49 am

panini press wrote:If the Indian courts don't have the leeway to try someone "as an adult" under rare, exceptional circumstances, they ought to have that leeway. In this case, I don't see why the accused ought not to be tried as an adult.

>>>> I don't know for a fact if this is the case. The fact that this person has been excluded so early on and tracked into the juvenile system leads me to believe this.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum