Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women

2 posters

Go down

Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women Empty Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women

Post by Rishi Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm

During Gandhi's time as a dissident in South Africa, he discovered a male youth had been harassing two of his female followers. Gandhi responded by personally cutting the girls' hair off, to ensure the "sinner's eye" was "sterilised". Gandhi boasted of the incident in his writings, pushing the message to all Indians that women should carry responsibility for sexual attacks upon them. Such a legacy still lingers. In the summer of 2009, colleges in north India reacted to a spate of sexual harassment cases by banning women from wearing jeans, as western-style dress was too "provocative" for the males on campus.

Gandhi believed Indian women who were raped lost their value as human beings. He argued that fathers could be justified in killing daughters who had been sexually assaulted for the sake of family and community honour. He moderated his views towards the end of his life. But the damage was done, and the legacy lingers in every present-day Indian press report of a rape victim who commits suicide out of "shame". Gandhi also waged a war against contraceptives, labelling Indian women who used them as whores

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/27/mohandas-gandhi-women-india

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women Empty Re: Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 pm

I agree. he was a racist too. The superior attitude he showed towards some african tribes is mind-boggling. He so looked down upon them. I was shocked when reading his autobiography.

Back to top Go down

Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women Empty Re: Gandhi was worse than Asram Bapu and RSS in his attitude towards women

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 pm

kinnera wrote:I agree. he was a racist too. The superior attitude he showed towards some african tribes is mind-boggling. He so looked down upon them. I was shocked when reading his autobiography.

Uppilianica states clearly that everyone in this world is a racist...they only differ in intensity.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down