Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Rashmun learn Tamil

+3
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
Idéfix
7 posters

Go down

Help Rashmun learn Tamil Empty Help Rashmun learn Tamil

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Rashmun has expressed his keen interest in learning Tamil so he can have basic conversations. He has been assured by a resident of Vellore that he would pick up enough Tamil if he lived there continuously for at least three months. Where he lives now, there are no Tamil teachers. So I request all Tamil speakers on SuCH to help him out. Would you please volunteer to teach Rashmun another language beyond the two he grew up with: Hindi and English?

Rashmun, here are some resources that I could find in under one minute on the interwebs.

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/tamilweb/: Web assisted learning center for Tamil, from the University of Pennsylvania

I don't know where you live, but here is a way you find Tamil teachers where you live. Open another tab on your web browser and go to www.google.com. Type in "tamil teacher [city name]". Do not type the characters "[city name]" as such; replace that string with the name of the city you live in. Then click OK. After a few seconds, the browser will open a new page with a list of items. Many of them will give you the information you need. I did this for instance for the city of Houston, and here is the first search result. http://www.language-school-teachers.com/default.asp?selX6=45&selCountry=94&txtCity=Houston. You can repeat this exercise for the city you live in. Please let me know if you run into any difficulty doing this -- always glad to help.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Help Rashmun learn Tamil Empty Re: Help Rashmun learn Tamil

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 pm

http://www.amazon.com/EuroTalk-Interactive-Talk-Learn-Tamil/dp/1843523582/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357940341&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Colloquial-Tamil-Complete-Course-Beginners/dp/0415187885/ref=pd_cp_sw_0

http://www.amazon.com/Colloquial-Tamil-Complete-Course-Beginners/dp/0415276772/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

http://www.amazon.com/Tamil-Dictionary-Phrasebook-Tamil-English-English-Tamil/dp/0781810167/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_z
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

There is the question of distances. For instances if the Tamil tutor lives 40 miles away from you there is naturally a problem.

On another note, does the Bengali Mrs Charvaka know Telugu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:There is the question of distances. For instances if the Tamil tutor lives 40 miles away from you there is naturally a problem.

Psst: Look above. No problem with distances and two day delivery.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:There is the question of distances. For instances if the Tamil tutor lives 40 miles away from you there is naturally a problem.

Help Rashmun learn Tamil Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSBCnqcUC2xP_CwiT3TLC0CRI3GkgoTlpsFyBMoB3njR0Sb84E
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:44 pm

panini press wrote:

Help Rashmun learn Tamil Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSBCnqcUC2xP_CwiT3TLC0CRI3GkgoTlpsFyBMoB3njR0Sb84E

Is that what you keep telling the Bengali Mrs Charvaka when she refuses to learn Telugu to your satisfaction?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Is that what you keep telling the Bengali Mrs Charvaka when she refuses to learn Telugu to your satisfaction?
You are not going to learn anything if all you do is make things up and ignore the help you are getting.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Looks like you won't make use of the resources HA and I dug up for you. So here is another resource you are going to need:

Help Rashmun learn Tamil Excuses-5-300x256
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:50 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

You are not going to learn anything if all you do is make things up and ignore the help you are getting.

I never asked you to help me learn tamil. I asked you to give me some sentences in bengali in english script so as to prove that you know bengali which you claim you do but then you conveniently refused to do this and instead started this new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 pm

panini press wrote:Looks like you won't make use of the resources HA and I dug up for you. So here is another resource you are going to need:

An excellent resource to give to the Bengali Mrs Charvaka who does not know good enough telugu and does not know how to cook Andhra dishes properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Looks like you won't make use of the resources HA and I dug up for you. So here is another resource you are going to need:

An excellent resource to give to the Bengali Mrs Charvaka who does not know good enough telugu and does not know how to cook Andhra dishes properly.
Help Rashmun learn Tamil 3372511_o
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:56 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

do you know how to cook Bengali dishes? Can you cook macher jhol? Or do you keep making excuses looking like the guy in the clip?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Rashmun: Perhaps the best way for you to learn Tamil is to have yourself imprisoned while visiting South India for some misdemeanor requiring 3 months of captivity. For example, try nabbing a purse from a rotund woman in a highly crowded mofussil bus.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Rashman, you are so bent on having the last word, no one can help you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:do you know how to cook Bengali dishes? Can you cook macher jhol? Or do you keep making excuses?
Do I make posts ad nauseam about why macher jhol (or yellow dal) should be national dish of India that brings together all Indians over the same meal? Do I argue repetitively and pigheadedly that macher jhol (or yellow dal) is the link dish of India because most people in urban India know it exists and may have tasted it at some point? Are you thinking: "not really, you don't!" There, you got it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm

May be a good starting point would be to practice saying:

mazhai vazhai pazham in 6 kaalams

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:do you know how to cook Bengali dishes? Can you cook macher jhol? Or do you keep making excuses?
Do I make posts ad nauseam about why macher jhol (or yellow dal) should be national dish of India that brings together all Indians over the same meal? Do I argue repetitively and pigheadedly that macher jhol (or yellow dal) is the link dish of India because most people in urban India know it exists and may have tasted it at some point? Are you thinking: "not really, you don't!" There, you got it.

On another note, does Mrs Charvaka share your belief in communism?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

On another note, does Mrs Charvaka share your belief in communism?
Next suggested question you should ask me: did you stop beating your wife?

PS: I hope the future Mrs. Rashmun, if there is one and if she is Tamil, does not read this thread. Any indication you have given her -- and here I presume she is real -- of your intent to learn Tamil will come across to her as incredibly insincere and hollow.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

LOL lol! rofl

Note that this is not a tribe and subcaste driven obligatory LOL but a genuwine one at pryor's expression. *I AINT DEAD YET MUTHAFUCKAAA*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm

indophile wrote:May be a good starting point would be to practice saying:

mazhai vazhai pazham in 6 kaalams

Good idea, Indo. I'd add some more for Rashmun's sake in getting maximum practice: Yezhai uzhavan vyaazha kizhamai vaazhai pazha tholil vazhukki vizhundhu azhudhaan!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Did PP drag your family members here ? you "innocently" drag his wife, then start instigating him in follow up posts...

And you claim you never dragged other family members, and call others dishonest, not credible, etc.....

It is sad that you dont even realize your own hypocrisy, duplicity, inconsistency, etc....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 pm

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

bw wrote:
Haha, I loved the subtitles.
Idéfix
Idéfix