Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 good looking men & their not so good life

+4
doofus_maximus
artood2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rekz
8 posters

Go down

2 good looking men & their not so good life Empty 2 good looking men & their not so good life

Post by Rekz Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3unptPIAdMk[/url]

Hindi actor Raj kiran who was believed to be dead was found in Atlanta psychiatric institution after many years...the above album is from his movie Arth

Arth was remade in tamil as Marupadium starring Arvind swamy & Revathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6zTuz6HG5A&playnext=1&list=PL4C5CE2684F2E0051

Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

2 good looking men & their not so good life Empty Re: 2 good looking men & their not so good life

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Who's the second man whose life is not good?

Back to top Go down

2 good looking men & their not so good life Empty Re: 2 good looking men & their not so good life

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Aravind Swamy - not to be confused with Genuine Swamys.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Is he in mental asylum too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

kinnera wrote:Is he in mental asylum too?

No

He was a popular hero in early 90s faded soon..his major hits were Bombay & Roja
Now he is bald & fat due to some health issues & a divorcee..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:18 am

Yeah. I'm shocked to see his recent pics. He isn't anything like the roja days. Back in the day, he was every girl's dream husband.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 am

kinnera wrote:Yeah. I'm shocked to see his recent pics. He isn't anything like the roja days. Back in the day, he was every girl's dream husband.

No way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 am

blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:Yeah. I'm shocked to see his recent pics. He isn't anything like the roja days. Back in the day, he was every girl's dream husband.

No way!

yes way! If he wasn't, then you were either too young or too old around the roja days' time.

Last edited by kinnera on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:34 am

kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

No way!

yes way! If you weren't, then you were either too young or too old around the roja days' time.

I hated that movie, hated its songs and didn't find AS remotely appealing.

Yeah, I am weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:34 am

Yup he was very girl's dream husband atleast in chennai...
The day i saw his interview on TV...decided would settle for a johnny lever or sendhil but never a good looking guy with MCP traits

Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 am

blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

No way!

yes way! If you weren't, then you were either too young or too old around the roja days' time.

Yeah, I am weird.

Watched it during the early nineties, I think. Oh yes, right age alright.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 am

Rekz wrote:

The day i saw his interview on TV...decided would settle for a johnny lever or sendhil but never a good looking guy with MCP traits

He has MCP traits? That's repulsive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:44 am

blabberwock wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

No way!

Yeah, I am weird.

Watched it during the early nineties, I think. Oh yes, right age alright.

So you were a weirdo even when you were young Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 am

kinnera wrote:

So you were a weirdo even when you were young Twisted Evil

Haha, yes.

Chubby cheeked, mustachioed men acting unbearably soppy weren't "my type". Screechy songs as well.

Colin Firth as Darcy, now that's a different story. But that's more to do with Darcy than Colin Firth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 am

blabberwock wrote:

Yeah, I am weird.

Being around Cowboys gives you that "hate Swamy" feeling...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:47 am

Cowboy?

2 good looking men & their not so good life Cow.swami.250
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 am

lol!
Too much of lollu..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Yeah, I am weird.

Being around Cowboys gives you that "hate Swamy" feeling...Razz

Arvind Swamy? I could never understand what was so appealing about him. Ennavo po.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:30 am

artood2 wrote:Cowboy?

2 good looking men & their not so good life Cow.swami.250

Now, that is more like Maattu-Saamiyaar

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:47 am

Rekz wrote:

What's wrong with Johnny Lever or gundu Sendhil?! They're both very funny men...funny men get no respect, I tell ya! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am

blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

No way!

Yeah, I am weird.

now you are entering PI's territory.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

doofus_maximus wrote:

entering? wake up rip van winkle. having said that i too don't understand the brouhaha about AS.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

he was better than Ramarajan and other Giramathu nyagans
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am

excuse me you all AS ditchers,
I've seen him in person [in his hey days when he was not such a chubster] and interacted with him and yes, he stole my heart momentarily and i got it back to give it to the next heartthrob in about 30 secs....

BTW, he was always a chubster but i found him cute especially after meeting him...

since then, i've grown up and my taste in men have changed. now its all about RDJ...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:17 am

my friend saw him in DC metro rail few years ago.. he was bald and very fat..she introduced herself and asked him if he was AS..he acknowledged that his looks have changed now..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Rekz wrote:

rekz, how about a wellhung MCP?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:05 pm

I mean MCD or MCH

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:27 pm

kinnera wrote:Yeah. Back in the day, he was every girl's dream husband.

This guy? Seriously?

2 good looking men & their not so good life Bombay4zy1
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Confession time people

propagandhi711 is my other handle....sorry to keep u all in layers of deception for so long...mean it...forgive me silent
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:54 pm

[quote="CroMagnon"]
kinnera wrote:Yeah. Back in the day, he was every girl's dream husband.

This guy? Seriously?

If you men don't believe it, here:

http://filmitrailers.blogspot.com/2008/02/is-this-arvind-swamy-is-this-guy-who.html

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

kinnera wrote:If you men don't believe it, here:

http://filmitrailers.blogspot.com/2008/02/is-this-arvind-swamy-is-this-guy-who.html

I believe you. What I can't believe is that Indian women have such bad taste :-)

PS: I have a theory as to why Indian women like such guys.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
kinnera wrote:If you men don't believe it, here:

I believe you. What I can't believe is that Indian women have such bad taste :-)

LOL @ your yet another theory ..this time about indian women...

Theory about Indian Kids : Check
Theory about Indian Men: Check *like about hundred times*
Theory about Indian Women: tentative check.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:14 pm

CroMagnon wrote:

When did men start to understand women and formulate theories abt them?

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Theory about Indian Kids : Check
Theory about Indian Men: Check *like about hundred times*
Theory about Indian Women: tentative check.

First 2 are supported by facts. Third is a merely an hypothesis.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

kinnera wrote:When did men start to understand women and formulate theories abt them?

LOL.

Women in India have been historically dominated by men and hence prefer softer men in the vain hope that they will be less dominating. Sounds plausible. I will have to spend more time on this to confirm or deny this.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:23 pm

CroMagnon wrote:

facts gleaned from a sample size of one.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:27 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:

facts gleaned from a sample size of one.

Like I said earlier - whatever!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

No way!

Yeah, I am weird.

I rule that territory. PI entered the zone only a few years ago. On that note, let me confess that I hated the movie "Anjali" as well and in fact, I hate all Mani Ratnam movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Did you see "yuva"?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:40 pm

artood2 wrote:Did you see "yuva"?

No. I haven't seen many Tamil movies post 1995 or so. I tried to watch one flick called "Kannthil Mutthamittal" because all and sundry told me that it is a masterpiece. There was another movie with Madhavan (yeah, what's all that fuss over him, I wish I knew) and some electric train romance. Both were quite boring and I didn't complete them.

Oh, I did watch "Sivaji, the Boss" because it was a group event and I couldn't get out of it.

Do you recommend "Yuva"? I will try to get hold of it.

I am going to get slammed for these posts. Let me run away and seek my "self" now.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I watched the Hindi version and that was the only one Ratnam movie that I found watchable. The most pathetic one was "Dil Se".
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I think his technical production quality was better than the rest in his early days but others caught up with him.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:55 pm

artood2 wrote:The most pathetic one was "Dil Se".

The movie was pathetic, but it had good songs. Chaiyya Chaiyya is one of my fav. song. One of my other modern fav. is also from a MR movie - Humma Humma.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

The songs were fabulous and so were for most of his hindi movies. Have you seen this

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah, I have seen this movie. One other Hindi song that I have heard in an English movie is "Dil cheez hai kya jaana, ye jaan bhi tumhari hai"
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 pm

There was "Chamma Chamma" in Moulin Rouge.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down