Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life is good!

2 posters

Go down

Life is good! Empty Life is good!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Life came to a standstill for almost everyone here coz of the 'snow'. Everybody is sitting cozily at home and watching movies on netflix/youtube. Movie recos are going back and forth on FB. Love it! love it! love it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Life is good! Empty Re: Life is good!

Post by nevada Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Reserve some sympathy for daily wage earners who lose earnings for not showing up at work.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 pm

nevada wrote:Reserve some sympathy for daily wage earners who lose earnings for not showing up at work.
Ok. my sympathies to them, but look at the positive side. They are only losing their daily wages, not roofs over their heads. Thanks god it's not a natural calamity bringing in destruction, but just 1-2 inches of snow. They too must be enjoying these unexpected off days.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Kinnera wrote:
nevada wrote:Reserve some sympathy for daily wage earners who lose earnings for not showing up at work.
Ok. my sympathies to them, but look at the positive side. They are only losing their daily wages, not roofs over their heads. Thanks god it's not a natural calamity bringing in destruction, but just 1-2 inches of snow. They too must be enjoying these unexpected off days.

Good point. Better safe than sorry.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 pm

nevada wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Good point. Better safe than sorry.
ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 pm

2 inches of snow? we call it wednesday.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:2 inches of snow? we call it wednesday.
? Over the hump? Anyway, Atlanta doesn't know how to deal with even 2" of snow coz the poor here are not used to it. so they call it a day, which is most welcome by most all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

(told you this story)

the other day was in my dentist's office, getting my teeth cleaned. She was almost done cleaning (polish and exam was pending), when from the corner of my half-open eyes I saw her looking up, and heard the sound at the same time, of water dripping through their beautiful (has blue sky and clouds on it) false ceiling. It was in the corner of the room. I kept my mouth open and wondered, kinda stupidly, if we can just continue working there. But then it moved towards us, and she said in a rush - get up get up. So I jumped out of the chair, grabbed my bag and jacket, and got out. Turned back to see, the whole chair was being rained on. *phew* saved by 10 seconds.

It was a pipe burst due to too much freezing conditions lately. NJ actually doesn't have so many days of temps in singles, teens and 20s.

She went in to unplug one of the things, but came out quickly enough as the whole ceiling was pouring now, and declared she wasn't gonna go back. Soon the docs came too and one of them dared to go in to unplug other things. At some point, which was soon enough, I decided to get out of their way and came out in the reception area, and watched. She took me to another room and gave me appointment for rest of the stuff.

Soon the "rains" stopped and they all were out with towels, wet pumps, etc. Doctors as well as assistants. Was chaos overall, the receptionist began calling people to cancel the appointments for the rest of the day. Just when I was leaving my hygienist reached out her hand to me --- to take out that blue bib thing I still had on lol.

Quite an adventure. When I came out to the waiting room and stopped to wear my jacket, another aunty was sitting there reading a magazine and completely oblivious of the chaos inside. I mumbled something to her and pointed inside, but I am not good in public speaking, so she didn't understand fully what I was saying and she just said, "Oh", shook her head, and continued reading.

I left wondering how long she sat there before people inside remembered about her.

(just another day full of adventure in this otherwise boring aunty's boring life)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:(told you this story)

the other day was in my dentist's office, getting my teeth cleaned. She was almost done cleaning (polish and exam was pending), when from the corner of my half-open eyes I saw her looking up, and heard the sound at the same time, of water dripping through their beautiful (has blue sky and clouds on it) false ceiling. It was in the corner of the room. I kept my mouth open and wondered, kinda stupidly, if we can just continue working there. But then it moved towards us, and she said in a rush - get up get up. So I jumped out of the chair, grabbed my bag and jacket, and got out. Turned back to see, the whole chair was being rained on. *phew* saved by 10 seconds.

It was a pipe burst due to too much freezing conditions lately. NJ actually doesn't have so many days of temps in singles, teens and 20s.

She went in to unplug one of the things, but came out quickly enough as the whole ceiling was pouring now, and declared she wasn't gonna go back. Soon the docs came too and one of them dared to go in to unplug other things. At some point, which was soon enough, I decided to get out of their way and came out in the reception area, and watched. She took me to another room and gave me appointment for rest of the stuff.

Soon the "rains" stopped and they all were out with towels, wet pumps, etc. Doctors as well as assistants. Was chaos overall, the receptionist began calling people to cancel the appointments for the rest of the day. Just when I was leaving my hygienist reached out her hand to me --- to take out that blue bib thing I still had on lol.

Quite an adventure. When I came out to the waiting room and stopped to wear my jacket, another aunty was sitting there reading a magazine and completely oblivious of the chaos inside. I mumbled something to her and pointed inside, but I am not good in public speaking, so she didn't understand fully what I was saying and she just said, "Oh", shook her head, and continued reading.

I left wondering how long she sat there before people inside remembered about her.

(just another day full of adventure in this otherwise boring aunty's boring life)
Lol! You missed telling me about the last part.....abt the aunty in the waiting room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:58 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:2 inches of snow? we call it wednesday.
? Over the hump? Anyway, Atlanta doesn't know how to deal with even 2" of snow coz the poor here are not used to it. so they call it a day, which is most welcome by most all.
*poor ppl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down