Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jahangir and the chain of Justice

Go down

Jahangir and the chain of Justice Empty Jahangir and the chain of Justice

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm

This is an extract from Jahangir's autobiography:

On Thursday, the eighth of Jumada-s-sani, 1014 A.H. (Oct. 12, 1605 A.D.), I ascended the throne at Agra, in the thirty-eighth year of my age. The first order which I issued was for the setting up of a Chain of Justice, so that if the officers of the courts of justice should fail in the investigation of the complaints of the oppressed and in granting them redress, the injured persons might come to this chain and shake it, and thus give notice of their wrongs. I ordered that the chain should be made of pure gold and be thirty gaz long (about sixty feet), with sixty bells upon it. One end was firmly attached to a battlement of the fort of Agra, the other to a stone column on the bank of the river.

http://www.ibiblio.org/britishraj/Jackson5/chapter13.html

Back to top Go down

Jahangir and the chain of Justice Empty Re: Jahangir and the chain of Justice

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:This is an extract from Jahangir's autobiography:

On Thursday, the eighth of Jumada-s-sani, 1014 A.H. (Oct. 12, 1605 A.D.), I ascended the throne at Agra, in the thirty-eighth year of my age. The first order which I issued was for the setting up of a Chain of Justice, so that if the officers of the courts of justice should fail in the investigation of the complaints of the oppressed and in granting them redress, the injured persons might come to this chain and shake it, and thus give notice of their wrongs. I ordered that the chain should be made of pure gold and be thirty gaz long (about sixty feet), with sixty bells upon it. One end was firmly attached to a battlement of the fort of Agra, the other to a stone column on the bank of the river.

http://www.ibiblio.org/britishraj/Jackson5/chapter13.html

From the above it is clear that the Emperor Jahangir was a great lover of justice.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Rashmun, Jahangir loved her and other women as well.

A few questions for you

1. What was her (Justice's) last name and how many times did he screw justice?

2. Did she transmit anything?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down